Universal Sid Meier's Civilization® VI (by Aspyr Media)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by klink, Dec 21, 2017.

1. Polybios

Polybios Active Member

Aug 17, 2015
    Retina activation only for jailbroken devices?

2. geoelectric

geoelectric Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2010
    San Jose, CA
    Animated leaders only enables at the top performance settings in desktop Civ VI. I’m sure that’s related to their not being here.

3. Milotorou

Milotorou Well-Known Member

Mar 19, 2015
    No need to jailbreak (anyways jailbreak for iOS 11 dont exist, do they ?) just look at past comments theres a walkthrough on how to do it.

4. khann

khann Well-Known Member

Apr 25, 2013
    I think there is a jailbreak for anything under 11.2. The signing window has closed for those iOS versions.

5. Jackaluk

Jackaluk Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2015
    Is there a way to cycle through units, only thing I have not yet found, well probably not the only thing!!

6. JasonLL

JasonLL Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2014
    Male
    Thank you for the answer. My only Civ VI experience was watching gameplays and being sad that I was unable to play. I never knew animated leaders were related to the performance settings in Civ VI. Not sure if it is the same for Civ III and IV which I did own a long time ago on my desktop / laptop but at least knowing it wasn’t cut intentionally from VI is reassuring.

7. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

TIL leaders are animated at all.

8. Jackaluk

Jackaluk Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2015
    I hope they can find a few optimisations, early game, large map, already time between turns is a while!

9. Polybios

Polybios Active Member

Aug 17, 2015

But there is no PHONEVIEW App for doing so in the Appstore.. can you help?

10. skoptic

skoptic Well-Known Member

Apr 3, 2015
    This involves connecting to a desktop / laptop. Use phoneview, ifunbox or iexplorer... anything that lets you browse file system.

11. KineticBlur

KineticBlur Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2014
    I managed it using iTunes - problem is you need a bluetooth keyboard to bring up the Command Line which lets you bump the UI Scale to 2

12. Milotorou

Mar 19, 2015
    You will need go use a PC/Mac for this part

13. Milotorou

Mar 19, 2015
    I cant believe some of the reviews on the Canadian app store... seriously...

Here are the highlights :

1 - This game isnt actually free (1 Star)

It is much uglier and dull compared to the computer version.

2 - Looks terrible ! (1 star)

Wow just installed this thing and couldnt be more dissapointed. The graphics look terrible and its not even optimized for the 10.5" iPad pro. You'd think something new would take that hardware into consideration.

I am... beyond flabbergasted... youre playing Civilization for the graphics ? Really guys ? Its like playing friggin Chess for the soundtrack.

Oh and... why the fudge should it be FREE ? You have any idea of the amount of work that was poured in this ?

14. CrayonWarrior

CrayonWarrior Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Mar 9, 2014
    Great southern land
    Getting the same sort of reviews on the Australian App Store, disappointing.

15. Gameboy98

Gameboy98 Well-Known Member

Sep 5, 2017
    Eat, sleep, get good grades
    Earth
    I tried this in PC butt it was had bad AI {Artifical Inteligense} ..... I looked at the review page and thousands of peeps think so to. Is this AI fixed for iPad?

16. eugenemcardle

eugenemcardle Well-Known Member

May 21, 2013
    Retired, Math/Science Teacher, Air Force Electron
    Redcliffe Queensland Australia
    #116 eugenemcardle, Dec 23, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 23, 2017
    Plays great on iPad Pro 9.7

This is a great game on the iPad, even more so since I adjusted the retina and scaling settings using iMazing and a small Bluetooth keyboard. I can’t understand all the whinging, it’s easily the best Civ game out there. Playing it on the iPad is perfect for me. There is even the option to play using an external keyboard for those who prefer to. People complain about the lack of premium games on the platform, then moan like hell when one of the best games ever charges more than the standard iOS price. Is it any wonder we get so much garbage on this platform.

17. geoelectric

geoelectric Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2010
    San Jose, CA
    I haven’t found any way to cycle through like you can with keyboard, independently of the big button. However, if you bring up a unit and then tap/hold the title bar of the unit box you get a list of deployed units. You can select from there and walk down the list.

18. Polybios

Polybios Active Member

Aug 17, 2015
    Ok... is there no other way? Without keyboard?

19. RinoaHeartily

RinoaHeartily Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2010
    Yes there is. U either side load ifile ( u need pc to do that)

Or totally without pc u need to go to a certain website download an app that does the side loading for and u install ifile (Google the famous site shouldnt be hard for u to find out)

20. gcl

gcl Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2009
    Comparison to the other Civilization?

How does this new Civ compare to the other Civilization from 2K on the market?

I enjoyed that one but it got kinda old after a while