Universal Sid Meier's Civilization® VI (by Aspyr Media)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by klink, Dec 21, 2017.

1. Milotorou

Milotorou Well-Known Member

Mar 19, 2015
    Can someone tell me what version the game actually is ? I heard this port was a few versions behind the PC game I'd just like to know where we are at....

Also, can we rename cities ? I cant find how

2. bsurf

bsurf Member

Jul 18, 2014
    Rename a city by clicking on the City Details button then there is a little pencil icon you can rename the city by touching that.

3. Milotorou

Mar 19, 2015
    How the heck did i miss that ! :p

Thanks brother ! Much appreciated !

4. Polybios

Polybios Active Member

Aug 17, 2015
    Wow, it is so great!

I can not understand people saying, the graphic is not good.... what are you playing on? On iPad Pro it is great! Speed as well!

Man, thanks for the release......

5. AlexBi

AlexBi Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2015
    Eh... there is already a little (coff... coff... 3.1 Gigabyte :D) upgrade...

6. hla77

hla77 Member

Nov 20, 2011
    Is it possible to change the game language?

7. AlexBi

AlexBi Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2015
    Which language do you want? And which is native language of your ipad?

8. hla77

hla77 Member

Nov 20, 2011
    I would like to play the game in English. My native language is portuguese (from Portugal) and this game is translated in the awful brazilian portuguese.

9. athros

athros Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    DevOps
    Colorado
    Version 1.0.0.129 I believe (I'd need to open it up and I don't want to because I have to do the adulting at work thing) which should be on par with the Mac version of the game. I'm hoping that the Fall update, when the porting work is done fro Mac, will also be released for iPad - I haven't seen an Aspyr person in the thread after the initial comment, so don't take my rod for it.

10. denisvjcr

denisvjcr Active Member

Oct 2, 2012
  11. AlexBi

AlexBi Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2015
    #91 AlexBi, Dec 22, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2017
    The only way is changing the default language of your ipad... and return to Portuguese when you finished
    Luckily Italian translation (my language) is good

12. skoptic

skoptic Well-Known Member

Apr 3, 2015
    Oh yeah, thanks - that looks better!

13. dedyp79

dedyp79 Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2013
    Amazing game on ipad at last ! Insta bought !

14. JasonLL

JasonLL Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2014
    Male
    I am personally fine with the resolution as it is now but the complaints are valid for people who are paying a full featured premium price or who may be interested in paying, “real” civ fan or not.

I am almost certain Aspyr wanted to release the game as smoothly as possible and would rather take the heat for the resolution then having the game run like peanut butter on all but the top of the line iPads. Or maybe they’re just not confident enough, as of release, to enable Retina display without extensive testing. Considering how easy it is to change the config it almost seems certain this will be a future option in the settings.

15. Milotorou

Mar 19, 2015
    Didnt think that was on par with Mac, I thought Mac and PC were at the same point.

If thats the case im good, even if we get things a few months later, as long as we get them, im satisfied :)

16. skoptic

skoptic Well-Known Member

Apr 3, 2015
    Fully agreed, I can handle updating via debug for the moment :)

17. midasmulligan

midasmulligan Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2015
  18. Jackaluk

Jackaluk Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2015
    The resolution change works well. Playing on a iPad pro 10.5. everything is just that bit sharper.

I have not purchased this yet, but think I will. The only thing id add to the whole cost debate is that if we are going to pay PC prices for iPad games, we then have every right to expect the same patches and longetivity that a PC owner (which I am) would get. Id say that's the only risk. On a PC you know this would do well and make money on an iPad at this point in time you don't! God I hope it does real well so we get more games like this. But if it does not and iOS 12 breaks it. Well we shall see!

19. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

I could see the concern of the port not sticking around if this was released by some no-name indie, but Aspyr has been porting/publishing games for over 20 years now and they've maintained all their iOS ports quite well. Knights of the Old Republic came out in 2013 and aside from a few awkward moments with major iOS version updates taking a bit, the game has been totally playable since then.

20. JasonLL

JasonLL Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2014
    Male
    I think Aspyr will be doing a much better job with support than any previous developer bringing a Civ game to mobile. I don’t think we will have a Bioshock incident on our hands. Just the fact they’re charging a full price is a message to fans that they have proven themselves as a long time developer of handling Apple ports and are in this for the long run. If it was an unknown dev bringing Civilization VI to mobile I would’ve been a bit more hesitant hitting the purchase button.

I do want to mention Civilization VI is not exactly 1:1 with the PC. This version does have some “window dressing” missing such as leader animations which doesn’t bother me but is worth bringing up since they’re charging a big boy price. Probably to keep the download size manageable although it would be nice to have the extra animation as downloadable content for those that have the space to burn.

Overall if your a fan of Civilization then this is well worth the asking price. I don’t think your going to regret your purchase if you decide to buy.