Universal Sid Meier's Civilization® VI (by Aspyr Media)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by klink, Dec 21, 2017.

1. Agree! My iPad pro can run any games with 3gb size very well. Civ 6 is the only game that drops frame. Lets email developer and let them know we want a better experience

2. kozz84

kozz84 Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2012
    It’s a turn based game so you don’t need locked 60 fps. Also game is pretty demanding and they cut a lot of graphics so it can run on iOS. I doubt they will optimize it.

But hopefully they will add the retina resolution support.

3. Talbs

Talbs Well-Known Member

May 1, 2011
    #403 Talbs, Nov 26, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2019
    To confirm running retina, do this:

https://www.reddit.com/r/civ/comments/d5wqo3/increase_resolution_of_ipad_version_of_civ_vi/

t
    o confirm running top frame rate, do opposite of this:

https://www.reddit.com/r/civ/comments/9u3gjg/how_to_make_civ_6_on_iphone_as_battery_efficient/?utm_source=amp&utm_medium=&utm_content=post_body

You don’t need iexplorer by the way. It can be done through iTunes file sharing. The devs have done a good job of allowing editing of parameters for those users that don’t mind getting get their hands dirty.

though, I’m convinced, at least on my Xs Max, the “retina” setting isn’t really all that “retina-ie”. I’ve set it to retina and found very little difference to not retina. It’s most certainly no high end PC graphics display that I’ve seen Civ VI rendered in. Lines are perhaps a little less fuzzy, but at least on my phone, retina is a big woop. (Not necessarily same for iPad though).

4. kozz84

kozz84 Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2012
    I haven’t been paying attention, but is the price for Rise and Fall at all time low.

Also is they a webpage that tracks iap prices?

T'hain Esh Kelch likes this.
  5. dlt0rre

dlt0rre Member

Sep 23, 2015
    Hi all!
    I am having trouble loading steam version saved games on iOS. With the same 2k account on all my devices I save a game on “multi device cloud” with the Steam version (with only one dlc that I have downloaded and activated on all devices) but that cloud save is only visible in the Steam game (for example on load game, selecting the cloud option). But not appears on iPhone or iPad.

If I save the game on the iPad or iPhone, I can see it on any other device, included Steam.

Any idea how to fix this? Thanks!!!

PD: Sorry for my english

6. Talbs

Talbs Well-Known Member

May 1, 2011
    Just a heads up that the Rise and fall, and gathering storm expansions are currently half off.
    A considerable sum still for an iOS-er but if you were planning on getting them, this is the heads up.

skoptic, CrayonWarrior and Ijipop like this.
  7. V Kuolema

V Kuolema Well-Known Member

Jun 30, 2011
    Canada
    So if I play this with expansions on my iPad 7th Gen, is it still going to suck the battery in twenty minutes?

8. Ijipop

Ijipop Well-Known Member

Jul 25, 2012
    #408 Ijipop, Sep 24, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2020
    I deleted it on my Iphone 8+ because it was literally sucking 1% per minutes. And my phone was heating up.

Because of your post I decided to try it again on my brand new Iphone 11. And I must say, nothing changed...
    1% per minute or two and heating becomes a problem after a couple of minutes...

I guess I’ll be playing on my ps4. Wich is a shame because civ 6 in my pocket sounded like a dream come true

Edit : 13% in 22 minutes to be exact.

9. Jackaluk

Jackaluk Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2015
    Just started crashing on me, always been fine since launch. Running iPad Os 14.2 beta 3 on iPad Pro 2020. I’ve emailed aspyr!

10. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    The New Frontier Pass just dropped adding 6 new civs and 6 new play modes as well as some cross platform Cloud Save support.

11. Peripatetic

Peripatetic Active Member

May 1, 2013
    All my in-app purchases, including this latest, download. For about 1 second after downloading, it says installed. Then goes back to 0% and starts downloading again. Anyone see this? Fix? Tried closing out. Restoring purchases. Logging out/in the App Store. Restarting iPad. Nothing seems to help.

JasonLL likes this.
  12. LordGek

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    Yes! Things started off normally enough, with most of the DLCs already appropriately showing as "Installed", but then, right after some of the final few DLCs were installed, many of the already installed DLCs began redownloading themselves with many ending up just as "Downloading 0%" and then stopping any further downloads. Weirder still, if I attempt to re-purchase/download any of those showing at 0%, the game will redownload it, getting up to 100%, and then revert back to "Downloading 0%" as opposed to installed.

As far as I can tell, from switching over to the "Installed" tab, all of the DLCs are properly installed, so this is just an annoying cosmetic issue, but it's still very annoying.

JasonLL likes this.
  13. JasonLL

JasonLL Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2014
    Male
    Same here. I’ve been stuck at “downloading 0%” with a few of my packs after they had to update for the New Frontier pass. Sad to say I had to reinstall the game which did help. After the new install only the Gathering Storm expansion showed “downloading 0%” after it initially installed up to 99%. I restarted the game and finally it showed “installed” on all content packs. I don’t mind paying good money for mobile games but I get a little bit annoyed when I have issues with a game that I thoroughly enjoy and have spent quite a bit of money on.

14. Jackaluk

Jul 3, 2015
    They have taken away the UI tweak which is hugely disappointing whilst providing no ability to make any graphical improvements. So it’s a step backwards visually! Real shame!!

15. Talbs

Talbs Well-Known Member

May 1, 2011
    #415 Talbs, Aug 25, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2021
    https://www.reddit.com/r/civ/comments/pb1fik/civ_vi_update_for_ios_now_out/haagx0f/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf&context=3

edit: I’m reading loads of bugs in that thread I posted. Think I’ll hold off.

JasonLL likes this.
  16. alphaonethree

alphaonethree Member

Jan 31, 2020
    Male
    Does anyone know if these are the cheapest prices so far for the DLCs?

17. Jackaluk

Jul 3, 2015
    For the larger ones like gathering storm, likely best is half price. The small ones were free a while ago at Christmas, but that’s not going to happen for the main ones!

alphaonethree likes this.
  18. Jackaluk

Jul 3, 2015
    A
    ct I stand corrected, they do seem to have streamlined the look a little, the UI components such as the map do appear to be better scaled now on my iPad M1 11

JasonLL likes this.
  19. LordGek

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    I just learned from a friend that hover text/tool tips are broken in the New Frontier. They will still work fine if you're playing without any "modes" enabled, but it appears, as soon as you add any, even just the "Randomized Tech Tree", hover text ceases to function.

20. skoptic

skoptic Well-Known Member

Apr 3, 2015
    You can still make the ‘UI scale 2’ change, the debug overlay just isn’t visible (so tilda, type and return to apply). A full delete and reinstall got all my IAP downloaded… phew.