Universal Sid Meier's Civilization® VI (by Aspyr Media)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by klink, Dec 21, 2017.

1. hippiesrlame

hippiesrlame Active Member

Aug 30, 2011
    Yeah if you’ve played the game before the interface constraints just simply wouldn’t work on a typical phone screen. Maybe I could see it working on plus sized screens but that would be a stretch.

2. archinerate

archinerate Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2014
    Someone who has an ipad mini 4 please tell me if it works or not. I have the 16gb version and i have to delete everything to try it but so worth it.

I know it is not stated in the description but it might work, considering it has almost same specs as ipad air 2

3. Koemi Bear

Koemi Bear Active Member
    Patreon Gold

Oct 25, 2017
    Female
    United States
    Omg yay thank you soooo much!! I am wishing and praying that this because the new standard in mobile games. I for one am certainly willing to spend $60 on games like this, should they find their way to iOS. Well done. :)

4. athros

athros Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    DevOps
    Colorado
    I really hope it does well enough for Aspyr to get the expansions onto iOS as well.

5. JindoFox

JindoFox Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2008
    Aspyr is THE port house and I hope this sells a bajillion copies so they make more.

Still waiting on KOTOR2 mobile, and Aspyr is our only hope!

6. ac166

ac166 Well-Known Member

May 15, 2014
    Help us Aspyr-wan, you're our only hope.

7. hippiesrlame

Aug 30, 2011
    Can Aspyr confirm the version of the game? Unless I'm missing something it doesn't appear this port contains the improvements added in the Fall 2017 Update. What are the plans for keeping up with the base game version? My only concern with shelling out $30 or $60 dollars for a game I already own on PC is that I will be stuck with an outdated version. Civ games are always getting better with updates.

8. Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2009
    Trauma Nurse
    Phoenix
    Honestly, it runs WAY better than I thought it would. I played the entire tutorial with no lag. I can't testify being 100 turns in the game and no lag. But, so far it runs smooth!

9. midasmulligan

midasmulligan Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2015
    How's the resolution and frame rate? Has the retina display been utilized/ optimized for the pro? For 60 bucks, I'm assuming the answer is "of course" but wanted confirmation.

10. daan_vb

daan_vb Member

May 1, 2013
    This is awesome that they managed to port this but it’s two patches behind the PC version. According to the internet V1.0.0.129 is the spring patch and we have had summer and fall since then. As much as I want this, I wouldn’t mind some assurances that the game will eventually reach parity with PC before dropping 30/60 on this.

Also do you get more leaders when you unlock? The game doesn’t tell you what you get when you actually buy it...

11. hippiesrlame

Aug 30, 2011
    100% agree on your points.

12. Wiperd

Wiperd Member

Sep 12, 2016
    Is there hot seat multiplayer mode?

13. Montanx

Montanx Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2012
    San Diego
    Sadly, at 60$ for the full game this won’t make much money.

14. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Don't need many purchases at $60 to make a ton of money.

15. Kamakazie

Kamakazie Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2013
    The resolution is actually pretty bad. All the UI elements are blurry.

16. Mythbuster

Mythbuster Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2008
    Journalist
    In the middle of nowhere
    Right now it is 32,99 Euro and after the first hour I can only say it is worth every cent! And I hope they will make a ton of money because it is the only way, that other big players will bring out their titles on the iOS platform.

After the 64 Bit desaster of Slitherine this is a huge surprise!

17. hippiesrlame

Aug 30, 2011
    It's definitely not native but I personally wouldn't call it bad on my iPad Pro 12.9 (1st gen). There's no way iPad hardware could render native without tanking performance. This is a pretty demanding game for a turn based strategy game. Frame-rate was acceptable through the 60 turns I played. Definitely wasn't 60 fps but wouldn't call it choppy either.

18. Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2009
    Trauma Nurse
    Phoenix
    My only concern is that this is 2K, and we all remember what happened with Bioshock. That is the worst thing about plonking down lots of money on a game like this. I don't mind if it's $10 and I get a whole years worth of play out of it until iOS 12 comes out and potentially renders this unplayable, but, $30 and then $60 and you can't play after the next update would be quite upsetting.

19. Kamakazie

Kamakazie Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2013
    It's certainly not terrible, and I wouldn't mind if it was just the 3d elements that were low res, but it's disappointing that they weren't even able to render the UI at the correct resolution.