Universal Sid Meier's Civilization® VI (by Aspyr Media)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by klink, Dec 21, 2017.

1. Brightsiderus

Brightsiderus Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2017
  2. Mythbuster

Mythbuster Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2008
    Journalist
    In the middle of nowhere
    Warning: Do not update if you have it on your iPad!

The in App purchases has to get updated but it does not work at all … you have to redownload the purchases every time but they will not work …

3. ctathemarius

ctathemarius Well-Known Member

May 11, 2018
    Hey, Anyone knows?

Although the description does not support it, does it actually work on the iphone 6s plus?

4. trystero

trystero Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2009
    Wow... my life is temporarily on hold while I dive into this on an XS Max. Kudos to Aspyr on Universal support. Playing like a dream so far.

5. skoptic

skoptic Well-Known Member

Apr 3, 2015
    Wow - I wasn’t expecting that! Looks lovely on my XS Max and appears to come with retina enabled by default in the app config file.

Bit gutted to see that save games aren’t cloud based, so no playing a couple of goes from my iPad game then picking it back up on the iPad when I can :( Hopefully this is something that can get added, or it’ll impact the amount I play on the phone.

6. Dailon80

Dailon80 Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2014
    Program Director/Radio DJ
    Eos
    This is a surprise! Loving it so far plays great on my 7
    I am getting an iTunes card after work and grabbing this up while it's on sale
    right now full game unlock is 60% off and only $23.99!

7. DeathProofNinjaX

DeathProofNinjaX Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2018
    Male
    I was always skeptical abt buying it at full price. Now that its on sale, im actually considering buying it. I own an iPad Pro and iPhone X but mostly will be playing on pro...Can anyone tell me if its worth buying and are the expansions worth it too? Turn based strategy is one of my favourite genres and played the hell out of xcom

8. gansta

gansta Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2011
    Able to play on my iPhone 6s and seems to run ok. Now lag or issues at the moment. Will continue playing and may consider purchasing the full version

9. Ijipop

Ijipop Well-Known Member

Jul 25, 2012
    Mmmmmmm
    Still 32,99$ on canadian store...

Any idea why?!?

10. Dailon80

Nov 10, 2014
    Eos
    that's the sale price! it's usually $60 US and so higher when converted Canadian
    this is the full PC game and price is same as it... right now 60% off

Ijipop likes this.
  11. Ijipop

Ijipop Well-Known Member

Jul 25, 2012
    Haaaaaaaa
    Great!
    Insta-buy I guess!!!
    Thanks

12. chrisb3

chrisb3 Well-Known Member

Jul 15, 2008
    Brooklyn, NY
    It's the full game. Worth every penny.

DeathProofNinjaX and Dailon80 like this.
  13. DeathProofNinjaX

DeathProofNinjaX Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2018
    Male
    yeah its full but the expansions that includes factions..is it worth it and does it add any depth into the game or you're cool without it?

14. penguin_tri

penguin_tri Active Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Does this make anyone else’s iPhone X screen go really dim (i guess from getting hot?)

15. davidovich

davidovich Well-Known Member

Sep 26, 2008
    Never played a Civ game other than Civ Rev. Been wanting to try the full-fledged version for a long time, and at this price, I couldn't resist. Gonna put down MHS for a minute and try this bad boy out . :)

Ijipop and Dailon80 like this.
  16. chrisb3

chrisb3 Well-Known Member

Jul 15, 2008
    Brooklyn, NY
    Factions? Is that part of Rise & Fall? If it is, Civ VI for iOS doesn't have that expansion yet. The game has been updated to include all DLC prior to that. Hopefully We'll get Rise and Fall soon.

DeathProofNinjaX likes this.
  17. Lurchroboter

Lurchroboter Well-Known Member

Sep 15, 2016
    #297 Lurchroboter, Oct 4, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2018
    There is an option in the settings menu, i believe under „interface“, that allows the game to visually simulate day and nighttime. Tried this out about two hours ago, it is late evening here and suddenly my screen went really (!!) dark... maybe you have somehow turned this on? When i put it back of, the brightness was returned to normal. Maybe worth checking

Edit: the option is in the left settings tab „game“, should be „animated daytime“ in english

Dailon80 likes this.
  18. Dailon80

Nov 10, 2014
    Eos
    I am going to enjoy the base game for now and get the expansions over time little by little
    The Viking expansion for sure

19. JasonLL

JasonLL Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2014
    Male
    Thanks for the heads up Mythbuster! I will hold off on the update until they fix the iPad issues. Certainly happy for iPhone users getting CivVI since it’s a must have for fans of strategy and big premium games but iPad users really don’t need to update yet if there are big problems that need to be resolved for their device.

20. Mythbuster

Mythbuster Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2008
    Journalist
    In the middle of nowhere
    No problem ... I sent a Mail to the developer, but no answer yet ... I tried to reactivate my purchases again but it still not work. I will post here as soon as it works again!