Universal Sid Meiers Ace Patrol: Pacific Skies

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by squabs, Nov 6, 2013.

1. marker1c

marker1c Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2010
    Philipines
    yeah i realized that. my ace patrols are next to each other and i tap the first one instead :)

2. biokid

biokid Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2013
    Wop Wops
    Sorry about that, I was replying before your second post pop-up. Did you manage to get Pacific Sky for free?

3. september

september Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2012
    So what are the changes and additions over the original, any extra layers of depth or mostly a reskin?

4. Jake7905

Jake7905 Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2013
    That's my only concern, I bought all the IAP in the first one, loved it, and still have it on my phone. So my concern was that I would be paying another 5 for a reskin. Hopefully, there's a little more to it then that.

5. marker1c

Sep 14, 2010
    Philipines
    yeah i did thanks to TA for that ;)

6. $P4RT4N

$P4RT4N Member

Apr 24, 2013
    Omg instabuy. I loved the first one, and this one has everything for one price, no DLC so far. WWII pacific? Couldn't be happier with this release.

7. sugimulm

sugimulm Well-Known Member

Ok, got to ask, is this as slow as the first one? Not a hater, just couldn't get into it. I do admit I am a WWII buff and love the historical planes. Is it worth the price of admission.

8. marker1c

Sep 14, 2010
    Philipines
    if you love strategy games or more specifically tbs its well worth. IMO tbs are perfect games for ios gaming

9. sugimulm

sugimulm Well-Known Member

Thanks Marker1c, will pick up.

10. mr_bez

mr_bez Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2012
    ^This. Does the ability to play as the navy actually change anything? Is there more variety in the missions?

11. MonkeyChunks

MonkeyChunks Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2012
    I missed the "free" mistag! Whyyyyeeee!?

Also is there a tutorial anywhere how I could purchase something from the New Zealand store if my phone is registered in US and uses US store?

Thanks!

12. grenadedodger

grenadedodger Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2010
    Manchester, UK
    Same as others here, loved the first one, finished and enjoyed it.

Is this a reskin or is there added goodness. Multiplayer? More mission types? New manouevres? More cusomisation?

13. djstout

djstout Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2011
    Sportscaster & football (soccer) coach
    Taiwan & Japan
    I was wondering the same, why is it free? I was also looking for the IAP but found none. So after Fist of Awesome for free, we get this one for free too? Wow this is Xmas in November

14. killercow

killercow Well-Known Member

Is it me or is the game worse-looking than the first one texture wise?

15. Mene

Mene <b>ACCOUNT CLOSED</b>: <em>Officially</em> Quit iO

Mar 18, 2012
    I thought the same thing but just put it down to my iPad air ...again :/

16. killercow

killercow Well-Known Member

You think this is a bug (again) due to the lack of optimization for the ipad air? I can't play it on another device for now so I can't check if it's true!

17. davidovich

davidovich Well-Known Member

Sep 26, 2008
    I agree. It's not very pretty on iphone 5S

18. MrMojoRisin

MrMojoRisin Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Protip: Your iPhone is not "registered" to any one country. When you go to make a new iTunes account, you can choose whichever country you want. Make up whatever address info you want, and you just need a valid zip code for that country, which you can find online quickly. You also need, of course, a separate email address dedicated to each iTunes account.

And if you want to start a new account without attaching any payment method to it, just logout, then choose to download any free app, then say you want to create a new account.

Also, to browse any country's store before you have made an account, just logout of your current account, then go to make a new account and choose the country. Even if you cancel because you don't want to provide a payment method, when you go back to browse iTunes, you will be in that country's store.

Hope that all helps.

19. Mene

Mene <b>ACCOUNT CLOSED</b>: <em>Officially</em> Quit iO

Mar 18, 2012
    I guess not, it's the same on my ipad2.

20. iPadisGreat

iPadisGreat Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    Will the other country's account accept my credit card which is not from that country?