iPad SHUT UP AND GET BACK TO WORK! is out. + Post your High Scores here.

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Ringo50k, Apr 27, 2009.

1. Ringo50k

Ringo50k Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2008
    #1 Ringo50k, Apr 27, 2009
    Last edited: May 6, 2009
    (First things first... I am a developer, working at Enabled, Senior Designer / Creative type.)

Our team, who made Newton's Cradle PRO, has just released our latest App SHUT UP AND GET BACK TO WORK! (SUAGBTW! or Shut Up! for short)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The Gallery and Training Video are still coming soon, but you can meet Frank the Foreman and get a feel for his attitude by what he says.
    http://enabledgames.com.au/shutup

For Competitions and News follow us on Twitter : http://twitter.com/enabledgames

And finally my High Score : NEW: 32 :D

2. oliath

oliath Well-Known Member

Mar 18, 2009
    Hi
    Is this game based on the bopit toy?

From the picks that is the impression i get.
    If so then this could be a great fun little app.

3. Ringo50k

Oct 8, 2008
    #3 Ringo50k, Apr 27, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2009
    Based on Bop It? No
    But a flattering comparison.
    We had feedback from testers, with some saying it reminded them of it / it was in the tradition of.

I would say that from our Testers Feedback - we kept hearing there were Bop It fans, who really loved trying to rack up a high score on Shut Up!

4. oliath

oliath Well-Known Member

Mar 18, 2009
    Ah well its not a bad thing if its based on or in tradition of... for me its that recognition which made me realise i would enjoy it.

Downloaded it as soon as i realised it was available.

The website makes it sound like the app is still waiting for apples approval.

Played a few times and i absolutely love it. It's a perfect pick up and play game... and the rythm element is enough to keep you wanting to try and try again.

One thing i would like to see is perhaps and on screen display of your current score.

This would also hugely benefit from online leaderboads... using feint or facebook connect would be good too.. just to give it a bit more of a competative feel.

Already having a laugh with it in the office though trying to beat scores... oops... better get back to work actually... real work that its...

I highly reccomend this.

5. Ringo50k

Oct 8, 2008
    Good to hear you enjoy it - we have a stack of new features in the works already. Keep the feedback coming. And tune in to our Twitter to be the first to hear about new features : http://twitter.com/enabledgames

Re the site - approval only just came through - we'd better update the site.

Now as we've been saying at work for a while now...
    SHUT UP AND GET BACK TO WORK! :D

6. oliath

oliath Well-Known Member

Mar 18, 2009
    Ah cool.
    I can't wait.

And honestly... this is a perfect iphone / touch game.

True story though... i was playing it... and i thought the guy said yell at it... Now i have owned a DS so it didn't seem like too unreasonable request.

I am at work at the moment.... but i was doing pretty well... definitely beating my previous score... so i risked an audible yelp into the device.

Of course everyone in the office turns round to look at what the heck i am doing.

Turns out the guy is saying 'yellow'. :eek:

I hope this app gets some decent recognition as its already one of my favourites.

7. Ringo50k

Oct 8, 2008
    Yelling into the iPhone :)
    Freaking LOL!!!

So what is your High Score oliath?
    You reached the colors so it can't be too bad...

8. oliath

oliath Well-Known Member

Mar 18, 2009
    I got two fifteen's in the high scores.

Basically... the first time i yelled when he said yellow.

I played again and he said green... it was then that i realised my mistake haha.

Come on touchArcader's... Some other people post high scores on this.

Determined to get up to 25 by tonight.

I am assuming things get faster the higher you go...aaaaarghgh..

9. oliath

oliath Well-Known Member

Mar 18, 2009
    YEAH!!!
    40.. beat that!!

Crikey though.. this game really messes with your head... its pretty tense in there when you know you got a good score going down.

I just fell to pieces under the pressure.

He said slide it... i had just done a slide it... i even heard him say slide it but just froze and panicked and got the fail buzzer.

10. Ringo50k

Oct 8, 2008
    Yea it gets stressful :)

I still can't beat 40. But I'll get there!

11. Ringo50k

Oct 8, 2008
    Craig (Curly) just got High Score of 50.

We'll be having high scores through twitter until a better solution appears :
    http://twitter.com/enabledgames

12. oliath

oliath Well-Known Member

Mar 18, 2009
    50! Grrrrr...
    I can't actually beat my 40 again but this sounds like a challenge.

Is it me or does Frank actually try harder to put you off the higher your score is getting?

I think you also need to mention that first gen touch players (without the built in speakers) need to play this with headphones.

I would love to see ranks or something on the leaderboard too.... so you can level up the more you play.

And some stats... you know... how many pushes... switches... what thing trips you up the most. Not sure how hard that would be but it could be fun.

This has easily become my favourite game though.

13. EnabledJB

EnabledJB New Member

Oct 8, 2008
    The further you get into it, the faster it becomes. And the more likely Frank will use a colour to mix things up.

Almost exactly what i was thinking for an update. Particularly what control you're best at and what control you're worst at.

Online ranking would also be very cool. Turn it into a competitive sport :)

Glad you like the game.

- JB
    Enabled

14. enabledgh

enabledgh New Member

Apr 29, 2009
    gbuffer top scores

Hi latest high score to beat is 66! I set that while waiting for my coffee machine to warm up. I also had to cope with the 20% warning poping up right in the middle of the 4th level. Keep that in mind when gunning for the title.

15. Ringo50k

Oct 8, 2008
    It looks like 66 is still the world record for SHUT UP...!

If only we all had the hand-eye coordination of the G-Buffer :)

Any challengers?

16. Clymos

Clymos Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2009
    If this is anything like bop it I may have to get it I loved that game. I was pretty good at it too, on bop it extreme I had a high score of 300 something. I have a feeling this will be a lot more difficult though.

17. Ringo50k

Oct 8, 2008
    Hey Clymos - what do you think of it & what is your high score so far?

18. Ringo50k

Oct 8, 2008
    Thanks for the PM Clymos.

I look forward to hearing your High Score :)

19. Ringo50k

Oct 8, 2008
  20. Clymos

Clymos Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2009
    #20 Clymos, May 6, 2009
    Last edited: May 6, 2009
    After aging it a few times I have a high score of 56. I can definitely beat that because I was watching tv when I did that.
    Edit: my new high score after 2 more tries I went to 62 and now to 76. I will beat that tomorrow I am too tired now. I missed the switch it button ( I am way too tired to be playing this game XD ).