Shut A Box - 10 FREE COPIES to giveaway!

Discussion in 'Promo Codes and Contests' started by Baynester, May 5, 2015.

1. Baynester

Baynester Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2009
    My brand new app for school kids has launched TODAY!

It is a fun, engaging game for kids to work on their mental maths skills!

Here's the Apple App Store URL:
    https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/shut-a-box/id988732249?mt=8

Shut A Box is a fantastic, fun game to help children with their mental addition skills.

You may have played Shut A Box as a child - well now you can play it on your mobile device!

Add together the numbers on both dice and then slide the number shutters that make that total at the top of the screen.

Once all the number sliders have been shut, you win! It's easy to learn - but difficult to master!

Shut A Box is a fantastic, fun game to help children with their mental addition skills.

Here are 10 codes for 10 lucky people to bag themselves a freebie!

Y9FAXKW3PFXM
    RHAYWMAR76LE
    MF33EEKWMA37
    LMKJ9X66WKEM
    PY3JNM4R9749
    3RN34RW4N9NN
    TR7ET6K4EKFT
    J3LAAYNLXN4H
    APPNYAE39R6A
    PW7LRW36L4MW

Have fun with it - I know the kids will!

Enjoy!
    Chris

PS - It's also available on Android through the Google Play Store.

2. Baynester

Apr 30, 2009
    Screenshot

Here's a screenshot! :)

Attached Files:

3. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    Used RHAYWMAR76LE

Thanks! :)

An oldie-but-a-goodie. I'll put it on my daughter's iPhone and see what she thinks of it.

4. Lavender

Lavender Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2013
    United States
    J3LAAYNLXN4H thank you

5. Gwarmaxx

Gwarmaxx Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    NCC 1701
    LMKJ9X66WKEM taken...

thanks a lot!

6. Lavender

Lavender Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2013
    United States
    Fun math game that requires a bit of luck and skill.
    Fun sounds that give the feeling of being on a game show.
    Very simple. There are a set of numbers 1 through 9. To play the game you roll a set of two die. Each time you roll the dice you must choose to take the total from those numbers. For example; if you roll a 5 and a 2 (7 total) you can choose to get rid of a 7 or a 5 and 2 or anything adding up to the amount. If the last roll total you make is higher then what you have left, you lose.
    Between you and me (Shhh.... Don't tell anyone...) he he ... that I enjoyed playing Shut a Box, although it is geared towards school kids.
    I passed the game around 5 kids of different ages.
    Following are the responses:

4 yrs/boy & 16 year old/boy with a developmental age of approx 3 or 4 yrs - on their own they did not like it so much. But, keep in mind, the dev did state appropriately that it is for school age children. But... I wanted to add this because I did discover something else. This is a great bonding and learning app for preschoolers. When I or one of the older kids played with them, they loved it. They enjoyed rolling the dice and matching the numbers, when available.

7 yrs/girl, - played for approximately 10 minutes and then decided that the puppy begging for attention needed some play time. So, if it was a contest between Shut a Box and puppies, the puppies win. He he. She did come back later and play some more. Her favorite part was the game show type soundtrack although this was the same reason she lost interest. ( More on this later... )

10 yrs/ girl
    Commented that she liked it and wants to show it to her friends. She also said; "Wouldn't it be neat if it was a 2 player like Yahtzee?"

12 yrs/boy - when watching me play the game I asked him what he thought of it. He said a long "Meh..." I said; "Meh? Really?" So ha said; "eh, it's ok"
    This might not sound too great. But.... I went into the kitchen, made lunch for the kiddos, went back into the other room, and there he was playing the game. I caught him! LOL.
    So I said real loud; "eh, it's just ok, huh?..." He almost dropped my iPad! #%€!?!! (Ha ha)

Back to the soundtrack.
    When someone loses a game, you hear people say a disappointed 'ohhhh....'
    But, when someone wins, there's nothing. The encouragement to play again is not there. The child hears about the disappointments but not the successes.

Otherwise, great game. The 'old timey' look of the box is attractive.
    I believe Shut a Box is great for both kids and adults.

7. Baynester

Apr 30, 2009
    WOW!

Thank you so much for your very comprehensive review! Much appreciated.

A couple of bits to work on as well for a future update.

Thanks for your continuing support! Please tell all your friends and family!
    Chris