SHUMP - A schmuplatformer.

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by AlexVsCoding, May 8, 2018.

1. AlexVsCoding

AlexVsCoding Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2016
    Freelance Games Developer / Educational Consultant
    Cambridge
    Thanks! I find it's a really easy way to visualise progress, although it does look pretty shoddy in Gif format, I'll try and get a smoother video so you can properly see how it looks!

[​IMG]

Got the stage titles implemented into the levels now that appear after bosses!

What you'll also notice is I've got a shield implemented for the player respawn after death. I wanted to make it explicitly clear that player was protected during this time, and a shield is an easy method of articulating that. Whether this will exist purely as a respawn protection or a pickup is yet to be seen!

Today I'll be predominantly working on implementing the UI, so keep out for visuals/updates for that! Also stay tuned for the daily enemy breakdown!

2. AlexVsCoding

AlexVsCoding Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2016
    Freelance Games Developer / Educational Consultant
    Cambridge
    [​IMG]

Hey Folks!

Here's the UI fully implemented for the menu - Originally I was going to have the volume buttons replace the pause button (pause would fade and two new buttons would appear) but I realised I could handle it by reversing the buttons already on screen! This works even better with the remove ad function, with the restore purchase button being on the back of it.

I L O V E D E S I G N I N G I N T E R F A C E S

That's me done for today! I'll post up the daily enemy type a little later, got some other projects to focus on first! Thanks again for your interest everybody and stay tuned for more soon!

3. Simoqsa

Simoqsa Well-Known Member

May 21, 2015
    The concept seems fun, I'll definitely play it when it's out.