iPad Show Off Games?

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by LonERecoN, Dec 17, 2008.

1. LonERecoN

LonERecoN Well-Known Member

Hey guys, I have been picking up a lot of games recently. Are there any games out there that have great gameplay with great graphics for a mobile device?

I really like Dr. Awesome and NGmoco:)'s games. I'm going to pick up Rolando on release, but I was interested in some games that will blow the socks off my friends who say the iPhone has rubbish games.

Thanks for any help.

2. VirtualAlex

VirtualAlex Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2008
    Well Hero of Sparta is probably the most impressive looking game.

I like to use Dizzy Bee to show off, or Dizzy2 now.

Smule's Ocarina is a cool app to show off.

3. LonERecoN

LonERecoN Well-Known Member

I actually have Hero of Sparta and am really digging it so far. I also have smule's ocarina. I may look into Dizzy Bee 2.

4. hkiphone

hkiphone Well-Known Member

Oct 7, 2008
    Super monkeyball has really hooked my mate who is a Nokia die-hard fan.
    I would also demo Dropship, Trace, and Jellycar too. Fastlane is a little too technical for showing half-drunk mates but Ferrari might be a good choice.

5. jwbrent

jwbrent Well-Known Member

Sep 16, 2008
    California
    Ferrari GT is killer!

6. your personal robot

your personal robot Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2008
    nonverbalist
    Berlin
    You can still show off with Nanosaur 2 ;)

7. Oliver

Oliver Well-Known Member

Motion X Poker, Labyrinth (the classics ;)).

8. Lunchbox

Lunchbox Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2008
    brothers in arms and hero of sparta deffinitly, when rolando's released that too, i also think that when metal gear solid comes out in 2009 that will be a hit with your friends

9. minmin_i

minmin_i Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2008
    Fieldrunners, Chronicles of Inotia, motinoX poker

have neat graphics

Inotia is not if you like light games tough

10. Wegmans

Wegmans Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2008
    Finance
    MD, USA
    Sim City... also Santa Wings is hilarious!

show them koi pond for fun, everyone loves tetris too, umm you can show them BIA or Asphalt4... people will be impressed with anything if you present it right!

11. dougp

dougp Member

Dec 8, 2008
    Texas
    I typically show off X-Plane or HoS ... probably going to show off X-Plane Helicopter & Airliner. Ferrari GT too, but NFS:U might overrun it depending on controls.

12. Chase

Chase Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2008
    My lady friend likes Topple :D

But usually the rest of my friends gather around the phone and play QuickDraw. Whenever I try to show off a game with flashy graphics, it doesn't beat one with great gameplay.

13. istopmotion

istopmotion Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2008
    Utah
    Asphalt4/really any other racing game is fun to show off. Lots of my friends w/o iPods or iPhones aren't used to the touch screen, so I like letting them use accelerometer games and they seem to love 'em. Brothers in Arms is fun and it's one of the high quality games most people will love right when they start playing.

14. Vende

Vende Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2008
    The one good thing about Kroll is its graphics - definitely an impressive graphical display despite lame gameplay

15. ericxd

ericxd Well-Known Member

Nov 6, 2008
    anything cute like rolando dizzybee scoops r show off games for the girls
    i dun really care whether my boys like my games or not lol

16. QWK SVT

QWK SVT Member

Dec 5, 2008
    Show off to guys/gamers - Hero of Sparta. Graphics are killer, and game play is pretty good. It will impress. Most gamers recognize the technical merit of the iPhone, when shown this and also some short comings (read: buttons).

Show off to girls, or non-gamers - Toy Bot Diaries. Cutesy graphics, music, fun storyline and easy enough for them to pick up and play. Really nice use of tilt/touch controls tends to impress, as well. Ever since my wife first saw this game, she's referred to my iPhone as a pocket Wii.

17. KittyGotSued

KittyGotSued Active Member

Dec 15, 2008
    another vote for ferrari GT!

Really diverse environments, great detail and it looks especially awesome with bumper view.. although I only see it when replaying my race..it looks great!

18. AndyL

AndyL Well-Known Member

i'd show off real soccer, price is right for the graphics, and maybe topple because females might like the cute expressions on the blocks

19. supg328911

supg328911 Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2008
    pro ping pong player!!!!
    USA BABY
    armageddon squadron is a really cool one to show off, and i lighter but thats not really a game..

20. iKoda

iKoda Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    Student
    Brother in Arms.
    Raging Thunder
    (To show them how good graphics are Fastlane. Fastlane has bad AI's, they are way too hard)