Should TA tune down the iPad hype o meter?

Discussion in 'Site Feedback and News' started by chickdigger802, Apr 3, 2010.

1. johnwayne

johnwayne Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2009
    Germany
    Itampon...Ähh..ipad is the best device of the world, it's so amazing and so useful, i can take it with me just like an iphone/ipod in my pocket and i don't even have to pay extra for apps if i allready own the iphone app. And if any devs charge extra for the ipad version, than only 99 cent. This is so amazing.

I think iphone development will be stopped soon because the ipad is such an amazing device.

This is so amazing.

2. Adams Immersive

Adams Immersive Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Dec 5, 2008
    Freelance interactive design and programming
    Ohio
    Articles already have useful tags. People who don’t like racing won’t click racing articles. People who don’t like the iPad won’t click iPad articles (one would think).

I agree, but not with your conclusion. iPhone development will take off more than ever because the iPad is such an amazing device! :) Same OS, more developers! And iPhone/iPod Touch money on the table they won’t all walk away from.

(Also, my pockets are not iPad-sized.)

3. Vester

Vester Well-Known Member

+1 perfectly explained my thoughts

4. loves2spoon

loves2spoon Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2009
    Sales
    California
  5. LS650

LS650 Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2009
    Canada
    'All'..?

6. kvamme

kvamme New Member

Apr 3, 2009
    I dislike all of the iPad news quite a bit. I've really enjoyed this site since it came out, but the constant iPad news is a big turn-off. There should be a way to filter the news you want profile-by-profile. The iPad isn't stupid if you have one or like macs, but for everyone else there really should be an option to turn it off or block it in account settings (or somewhere).

7. 3mooonuel

3mooonuel Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2009
    High school student
    Tamaulipas-Mexico
    yeah i hate the ipad here ipad there etc etc ._.' even my subscription box in youtube is full of ipad crap ¬¬ argg! I DON'T CARE ABOUT THE FCK***N IPAD! i love my ipod touch and that's all

8. freedog

freedog Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2009
    Too early for a thread like this. The friken thing just came out a few days ago, of course they're gonna cover it a lot for the moment. And ultimately the market will decide how much coverage it gets in the future and near future. So its too early to panic about seeing one too many ipad articles. Wait a couple months, if you're still seeing 4 out of every 5 articles about an ipad game, then you may have a justifiable complaint.

9. P0tent1al

P0tent1al Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2009
    European Account Manager
    United Kingdom
    Finally!

But seriously.. TA are covering what's hot right now. I don't have the iPad, but good to know the good from the bad if I do decide to get one.

10. qasim

qasim Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2009
    USA
    LOL. That was good. Too good :)

11. qasim

qasim Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2009
    USA
    #31 qasim, Apr 6, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2010
    LMFAO! I love these guys! They are freaking hilarious!

I stopped reading your post after that. Seriously? You have never heard of Notepads or Geopads?

EDIT: Back on topic..

I have yet to buy an iPad, and I still read iPad reviews + news. I even watch videos. I had the choice to get the iPad or the Playstation 3. I picked the PS3 only because it was cheaper and I knew my brother really wanted one. Anyways, I really wish I had gotten the iPad.

12. CaptainAwesome

CaptainAwesome Well-Known Member

Dec 22, 2009
    Student
    The Island of Berk
    I only want it to stop so you guys don't convince me to buy one. I was hoping to save a little spending money from the ol' summer job, but now...

Curse you all to heck for making me spend my money. ;)

13. rangent

rangent Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2009
    I do have to agree with the original poster about the fact that it is turning me off of this site a bit, but if I had an iPad + iPhone, I would love this site. The iPad is going to be the beez neez for the next few days/weeks(/months?) but eventually this site should rebalance the reports. IMHO, they should open up another site, or different areas for iPhone/iPad stories (or at least allow you to filter only on the news stories relating to your hardware interest).

14. swishinj

swishinj Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2009
    CEO at Apple Inc.