Should I get XCOM, or one of the D&D games?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by spader623, Nov 14, 2014.

1. spader623

spader623 Well-Known Member

Jan 18, 2014
    #1 spader623, Nov 14, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2014
    i have a 5c and no iPad so idk if I should or not...

Anyway, I suppose it's between baldurs gate and Icewind dale and XCOM enemy within. I've played... Almost no CRPGS like fallout or never winter nights, though I did play divinity original sin on pc which, while newer, is a CRPG. I have enemy within on pc, but i just think I'd play it more on mobile/being able to play in my bed or whatever

Thoughts?

2. Fangbone

Fangbone Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2012
    Michigan, USA
    Haven't played any of the D&D games but people on the forums for those games say they are not very enjoyable on an iPhone as there is a lot of text to read. XCOM would probably work out better for you.

3. spader623

Jan 18, 2014
    How does XCOM work for iPhones?

4. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Xcom is a more accessible game for newbies too. Zoom function should work fine on smaller screens and since movement is grid based and less text heavy. I've playing Xcom on a 5.5 size screen comfortably.

5. spader623

Jan 18, 2014
    Awesome. I suppose my only problem is if I'll play it. I liked it on PC... I just got distracted with other stuff. I THINK I'll enjoy it on mobile more since it's portable but I'll have to figure that out myself. So... In terms of D&D games, only go for it on tablets?

6. Edmilan

Edmilan Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2011
    Philippines
    Get XCOM but first, check for compatibility. I played and finished XCOM Enemy Unknown on the iPhone 5 before. Re the D&D games, while they're great and all, they're kinda difficult and frustrating to play on the 4" screens. I tried that before on the 5s and maaaaaan that was challenging trying to fiddle through the inventory and don't get me started on accidentally minimizing the sidebars

7. spader623

Jan 18, 2014
    Disappointing... But appreciate the response. Why wouldn't enemy within not work?

8. Edmilan

Edmilan Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2011
    Philippines
    I haven't yet checked if it's compatible with the 5/5c but you can look it up in the App Store. Also, the tiny UI of the D&D games on a 4" screen already makes it very difficult to get into