Should I get Spider-Man now, or wait for the sale?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by tsharpfilm, Oct 31, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wootbean

wootbean Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2009
    the next whiskey bar
    well that was NOT inevitable
    NOT inevitable AT ALL

2. ScottColbert

ScottColbert Well-Known Member

I'll thank you in advance for instigating any sale that may happen. ;)

3. Chocolate

Chocolate Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2010
    I say wait.

After buying SFIV for $10, and later realizing I was getting just as much enjoyment, and often MORE, from 99cent games, I vowed never to pay more than $5 for a game app again.

There are too many good cheap apps to make it worth it. And there will inevitably be sales on expensive apps. Nobody NEEDS any game. In this economy especially, it pays to be mature and sensible about purchases, especially when you consider that these downloaded games cannot be resold. No pointpaying much for them.

And to anyone who will complain about my post, saying how they want to see more expensive fully produced games on iOS - that's your opinion and mine is mine. I'm mostly in it for the cheap fun. Just being honest.

4. jak56

jak56 Well-Known Member

And that is exactly what is turning many (not all of course) big devs away from the AppStore.
    I fully agree with you of course. I'm just saying what will inevitably be said later on.

5. Chocolate

Chocolate Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2010
    Yep. And I can personally live without them.

Not everyone is into iOS gaming for the same reasons. I also own a PSP, DS and lots of older handhelds See the upcoming 3DS? If people want big name, fully produced portable games (with proper controls), there you go. iOS is a unique platform. Some people want it to become a more traditional gaming platform, and that's only going to happen to a certain degree.

6. jak56

jak56 Well-Known Member

I fully agree. And anyway, who said you need big names for awesome games? I've just spent twenty odd hours of my life playing the uber awesome galaxy on fire 2. Then again, it is an expensive game but oh well. :p

7. tsharpfilm

tsharpfilm Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2009
    Digital Artist
    USA
    Quoted for truth.

Lol. You're welcome. :)

Just got my ass kicked by Sandman. I - am - loving - this - game! The combat is simple, but fun. I have no regrets about the purchase. Even if it went on sale tomorrow, I'd feel fine with that.

Street Fighter IV is another game I've been trying to make myself buy. Even though the graphics, controls, and fighting are amazing (played it on a friend's iPhone), I don't know... I'd rather hold out on that one. I was never a huge Street Fighter fan either. But I do love me some Spider-Man.

I guess it depends on personal taste. I thought I'd be able to get into the casual games, but there are very few that I go back to. I like my games big and bold like my barbecue sauce.

8. ScottColbert

To be fair, I'll end up getting this sometime soon, but I've spent way more this past week, to justify any other purchases until I play some of what I bought. Prices are never really an issue for me; time and having too many damned games is!

Plus tomorrow starts National Novel writing month (30 days! 50K words!) which will hamper my playing time considerably.

9. Stirolak26

Stirolak26 Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2010
    Xo what's the point of buying any sony pr nintendo products or software ESP first apart when they're always overpriced no matter how old?

10. ScottColbert

Overpriced to cheap gamers like you, maybe, who feel they have to justify their inability to spend over 99 cents on a game.

11. tsharpfilm

Sep 14, 2009
    Digital Artist
    USA
    Just spent the last 35 minutes fighting Rhino! :mad: But I finally got him, and now I'm ready for a Zen Bound break!

Just wait for the sale. :)

Hahaha. Sounds like the boat I'm in. I usually don't have much free time during the week, but when I have to do a lot of traveling, or have some downtime on the weekend, I love having a good game to play.

12. ibelongintheforums

ibelongintheforums Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2009
    It's like that girl in highschool, where you had a girlfriend but you really liked this other girl.
    Anyways, saw you bought it. Should I take the dive? I actually played Spidey on PSP

13. tsharpfilm

Sep 14, 2009
    Digital Artist
    USA
    It's a fun game. Definitely one of the best action beat-em-ups in the app store. The combat is simple and a little repetitive in parts, but the non-stop action, music, and the variety in environments (so far) has kept it fresh and entertaining. I had to take a break after the 2nd boss though. Rhino is... :mad: