Should I buy RE4 or Need For Speed??

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by ballistic, Aug 1, 2009.

1. Hmar9333

Hmar9333 Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2009
    Book Salesperson/Student
    Melbourne, Australia
    Resident Evil 4,

Don't think it's a re-skin of degeration, it's MUCH better, more varied levels, better controls, faster gameplay, more weapons, better levels, more enemies etc.

2. zoolum

zoolum Member

Jun 19, 2009
    NFS sucks, it becomes quickly boring and the playability and replay values really sucks compared to Real Racing. Better get RE4, you will get something different and more enjoyable.

3. freedog

freedog Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2009
    Just go get a $15 iTunes card and get em both. You know it's gonna bother you if you get one and not the other if they're both on your mind.
    I personally like RE4 better. NFS is a good arcadestyle racer but I stopped playing it. Didn't really hold my interest, a little too fake in it's presentation for my taste, it seemed like EA tried too hard to make the game "cool" and overdid it. I personally look for real, I don't care about this trying to be hip to a teenage audience stuff. That and I think EA is a jerk of a company. Not the devs but the people who run it.

4. WunDaii

WunDaii Well-Known Member

Not trying to get TOO much offtopic, but NFS has great replay value, Real Razing is just racing circuits. NFS has Sprints, Time trials, Circuits, Police chases, takedown mode, highway battle (i think)...

NFS:U has got WAY more content than Real Racing.

Look OP: If you want to choose which out of these two great games to get, and you want to get them now, get NFS:U. If you don't mind waiting, wait till NFS: Shift comes out.

Like the other guy said, it's mot likely EA will drop the price of NFS:U when Shift comes out.

5. darwiniandude

darwiniandude Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2008
    Although I liked NFS:U and played it to completion and unlocked all the cars (which amounts to something, as most iPhone games I barely get halfway through) it's a really 'fake' driving game. What I mean is that it auto turns corners for you, you hold it centre and the car mostly turns by itself. There is no immersion, you can't turn around and go the wrong way, it's like a modern version of Turbo Outrun / Lotus those old 2D style racers.

I did like it, but Real Racing, and Fastlane Street Racing, both kill it IMO. Real Racing has online Leagues, career, uploads your fastest races as replays to YouTube, plus you can race two player with two iPhones and it works REALLY well. If you have friends with iPhones / iPod Touches, Real Racing is brilliant. Oh wait, you already have this :)

RE4 seems good so far, haven't got into it too far though, controls seem a bit better than the other one but still less than ideal.

Do you have Doom Resurrection? Yes it's on rails BUT it's far better than that type of game should be, I bought it because it's Doom, I was expecting to hate it, but it's great. Odd.

6. WunDaii

WunDaii Well-Known Member

Ahhh... to each man his own opinion.

7. beetle004

beetle004 Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2009
    #27 beetle004, Aug 2, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2009
    Which september...2009 or 2011?:p:p