iPad Shooz

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Armbruster, Nov 9, 2008.

1. Armbruster

Armbruster Well-Known Member

Just got it, because it looked like a promising horseshoe game. Turned out to be extremely racist, and very stereotypical in all the worlds environments. Without all this garbage, it could be good. Waste of my personal money.

2. Everydaynormalguy

Everydaynormalguy Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2008
    Student By Day, Masked Vigilante By Night
    Phoenix, AZ, USA
    Please elaborate, how is it racist? Why do u feel like it's a waste of money?

3. Armbruster

Armbruster Well-Known Member

Well, the gameplay is unperfect, need's a lot of tweaks. You can tell they put a lot of time into the game, as it is HUGE! It has lots a different scenes, MANY FUNNY EASTER EGGS, and stuff like that.

But for example, you're in Asia and there's a lot of 'ching chang' sort of stereotypical jokes. You're also in the ghetto where there is a black person and a hobo (stereotypical?), and you're also a 'hillbilly' guy. All this is making fun of the different lifestyles around the world, and it just doesn't feel right.

4. Everydaynormalguy

Oct 5, 2008
    Phoenix, AZ, USA
    lol whut?! We should complain about this game, we don't need this kind of nonsense in the app store. We need CHANGE!!!

5. iago

iago Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2008
    Long Island, New York
    I got it too. I thought it was funny. It was so over the top that it would be hard to mistake the jokes for anything but humor. It isn't rascist in the least. I think more games need some humor. Since when does every game developer have to worry about the "politically correct" police. I like the humor, agree that the game play could use some tweaks and am not offended in the least.

6. Jumpan

Jumpan Member

Nov 4, 2008
    #6 Jumpan, Nov 10, 2008
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2008
    I just got this game today. It's pretty fun, and It's definately making fun of stereotypes, but I've seen worse shit on Saturday Night Live. Anyone who thinks this game is racist needs to clean the sand out of their vagina.

That being said. I find the cow poop animation incredibly offensive and racist towards bovine-americans everywhere. :D

7. Renare

Renare Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2008
    Tech Support
    Wilmore, KY

8. Everydaynormalguy

Oct 5, 2008
    Phoenix, AZ, USA
    Obviously this guy's never heard of the phrase: "it's better for people to think ur stupid than to open ur mouth and remove all doubt"...

9. Jumpan

Jumpan Member

Nov 4, 2008
    As long as it made you laugh, I'm happy. :)

10. Everydaynormalguy

Oct 5, 2008
    Phoenix, AZ, USA
    Congrats man, ur the newest troll in TA!...One of many...:(

11. NJPodder

NJPodder Well-Known Member

Sep 17, 2008
    Application of the term troll is highly subjective. Some readers may characterize a post as trolling, while others may regard the same post as a legitimate contribution to the discussion, even if controversial. The term is often used to discredit an opposing position, or its proponent, by argument fallacy ad hominem.

Often, calling someone a troll makes assumptions about a writer's motives. Regardless of the circumstances, controversial posts may attract a particularly strong response from those unfamiliar with the robust dialogue found in some online, rather than physical, communities. Experienced participants in online forums know that the most effective way to discourage a troll is usually to ignore him or her, because responding tends to encourage trolls to continue disruptive posts — hence the often-seen warning: "Please do not feed the trolls".

Frequently, someone who has been labelled a troll by a group may seek to redeem their reputation by discrediting their opponents, for example by claiming that other members of the group are closed-minded, conspirators, or trolls themselves.

Recently, many websites have openly welcomed and encouraged trolling amongst their members

12. jborislow

jborislow Well-Known Member

Oct 28, 2008
    *From wikipedia

13. Mmmk?

Mmmk? New Member

Nov 10, 2008
    #13 Mmmk?, Nov 10, 2008
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2008
    Just got it today, and found the site. Nice job, gentlemen.

The game is a blast and VERY addictive! And come on, people, like South Park is bad stereo typing and/or intentional racism?! :rolleyes: It's every bit as fun, as any episode too! Seems like it's an equal opportunity eye gouge for all. Nothing wrong with that.

For those who have not yet, you guys have gotta try it out! Hilarious :D

14. Jumpan

Jumpan Member

Nov 4, 2008
    Well it certainly wasn't my intention to be a troll. But some people have Zero sense of humor unfortunately. I don't think making fun of stereotypes is the same as hateful outright racism. Look at South Park, Mad TV, SNL, Chocolate News, or just about any show on BET. :eek: (oh no he didn't!)

Allow me to re-phrase my original opinion in a much more civilized tone of post:
    I believe that some individuals are entirely too sensative.

Although, I prefer the Sand analogy. It's much funnier.

I'd actually like to see a lot "edgier" games get released than shooz. Unfortunately, I don't think Apple is allowing it. Has anyone played the southpark imaginationland game? Is it totally watered down, or not?

15. mek

mek Well-Known Member

didn't you get the policy memo, which proclaims that by calling people trolls, makes you a troll...
    this obviously coming from mek a.k.a a troll...so i know my troll business

Everydaynormalguy = Everydaynormaltroll

i'm just having fun with ya..

Code:
    <lolcats> I can haz troll funz </lolcat>

16. NJPodder

NJPodder Well-Known Member

Sep 17, 2008
    By calling everydaynormalguy a troll who called you a troll, you are being a troll and everydaynormalguy will respond to this posting by calling you out as a troll, you realize this, right? Also, this post of mine is considered trolling as it adds nothing to the original discussion, therefore I will be called out by everydaynormalguy as a troll for commenting on your trolling in which you commented on his trolling commenting on someone elses trolling who may or may not have been actually trolling. :confused:

17. mek

mek Well-Known Member

indeed.....
    So now we are Both Trolls and Anti Trolls, thus equally canceling each other out, and now have a bond unbreakable known as TouchArcaders [i suck at this motivational speech stuff]

so is Shooz Worth it? the gameplay looked a bit slow, but sometimes a slow game is just the right thing for a lazy sunday afternoon

18. Jumpan

Jumpan Member

Nov 4, 2008
    #18 Jumpan, Nov 10, 2008
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2008
    Well, I think it's worth it.. I'm not sure what you mean by "slow" gameplay. But it is similar in pace to yeti-sports. You flick your finger and toss horseshoes at the pins. It's a pretty good game mechanic, and they spice it up with obstacles, funny sound effects, and a scoring system that rewards you for trying harder shots. If you just go for the easy pin everytime it gives you a lower score on each subsequent shot.

There's hidden bonuses and stuff too. Like if you hit the weathervane on the redneck level it counts as a bonus score.

The levels change when you adjust the difficulty, so it has some good replayability. It adds more obstacles the harder you set it. No wifi multiplayer though :(

I turn the music off now and just listen to my ipod when i play. The ingame music is good, but it gets old after the 10th time listening to it.

I would have liked to see more animations, and some of the targets are really hard to hit. But there's nothing about the game that would make me not recommend it.

If you enjoy casual games like this you'll like it. If your more into harcore action and adventure, you probably won't.

19. mek

mek Well-Known Member

my apologies ...slow was the wrong word, I just perceived the game play, derived from the video as, to be "relaxing"
    a game that isn't fast paced, over in 3 minutes like galcon, but one like yeti-sports

20. BATTLE BORN

BATTLE BORN Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2008
    Las Vegas, NV
    I found a picture of mek online. He's a rather delightful troll so we let him hang around...
    [​IMG]