Universal Shooty Skies - Endless Arcade Flyer

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by TouchArcade Bot, Sep 30, 2015.

1. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    I spent 15000 coins on the machine and only got 2 of the new characters. The pull rate is friggin terrible. On top of that it looks like they lowered the amount of gift coins you get as well.

I watched your video and I tried all the characters I purchased and won which are vlad, the ghost, wolf, and the witch and I I've played and played and haven't unlocked Morty. I did notice there are two grim reapers. 1 disappears and seems nastier than the regular one. I wonder if that has anything to do with the unlock. Have you had any further revelations?

Billy

2. thenightfly42

thenightfly42 Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2012
    The update was going well for me, then I tried turning on Relative Controls. That ran once, then crashed, and now I can't get past the "Shooty Skies" loading screen without it crashing again. A restart did not help.
    iPhone 6, iOS Beta 9.1v5.

3. CraniumCode

CraniumCode Active Member

I've noticed the two grim reapers too, but I don't think they have anything to do with the secret character. I unlocked morty on two different devices, both times it unlocked right when I died playing as the final halloween character. I don't think you need to have all 6 characters to unlock it, but that's the only method that's worked for me.

4. BitStern

BitStern Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2014
    Hi Cranium, glad to see you here! Thanks for figuring out the bug in the initial release, was playing for hours last week and just wondered.

Got a tip by the devs regarding the Drama Llama unlock, also referring to it in the new video. They said "it's an old people's music joke". Does any one here have an idea what this is all about?

Here are my unlocks so far.

5. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    I figured out Morty. You do not need all the Halloween characters. You need 5 out of the 6. I had all except Frankenstein and the Flying Dutchman. I kept playing the four I had and nothing. No Morty unlock. Then, I got to try out Frankenstein for free. I died and bam. Morty unlocked instantly. So you need 5 of the 6 characters. It can be any of them. And you can get it on the free trial lol

Billy

Attached Files:

6. CraniumCode

I saw your twitter post too, and I included it on my website just to see if anyone else had a clue what to do. So far no luck, but I haven't lost hope.

7. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    #147 LordShad0wz, Oct 14, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2015
    I've done a Google search, came up with nothing. I went to each of the old characters and none of the names stood out. It's perplexing. It's going to drive me nuts until we figure it out hehe!

The one character that has music is Meow Z and during his charge up he fires musical notes. That's all I got lol

Billy

8. WriterParty

WriterParty Member

Oct 8, 2015
    1: the closest thing to an old person joke I can think of is with the character Hooty. This dates back to when Darius Rucker went solo. The lame dad joke of choice was "durrrr where's the blowfish?" Obscure reference but that's all I got.

2: I have a feeling that the second Halloween character can be unlocked by beating a new Halloween themed boss or mini boss using a Halloween character. I'm working on testing that theory.

9. CraniumCode

That first one sounds like a stretch, but I've got nothing better. There is a new halloween themed boss, but I haven't unlocked anything from beating him. People are saying there's a brown rabbit that runs around their screen, that might have something to do with a secret character.

10. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    Ok,

I was playing the new Halloween character Werewolfgang, after killing the third boss and proceeding to the next level things ramped up and I started getting a new enemy. Brown rabbits. They fired homing weapons. I killed 4 of them before dying. Nothing unlocked.

Billy

Ps the drop rates are really really bad. I've now dropped friggin 18k coins and still only the 2 new characters. It simply won't give me either of the last 2 I need. It's always the old characters.

11. CraniumCode

I've got a new hint for the Drama Llama thanks to @brooksxtravers and Matt Ditton

12. CraniumCode

#152 CraniumCode, Oct 15, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2015
    FINALLY Unlocked the Drama Llama, video here. WriterParty, as much as your assumption was far-fetched, it was actually correct!

13. MightyTim

MightyTim Member

Sep 23, 2015
    Dad jokes to the rescue! Bringing families together.

The drop rates work like a gacha toy machine/ gum ball machine. All the heads are in there and you might get a double. It means that the last ones are the hardest to get. We know it can get frustrating, though, so we are going to put in a fall back if the random rolls mess with you too long. It's planned for the next update.

14. Yanagi

Yanagi Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2015
    Medicine
    #154 Yanagi, Oct 15, 2015
    I had already given up on the notion of keeping my high score low in case one of the unlocked characters require it when it came to the time when only one more character (Drama Llama) was waiting to be unlocked. I was thinking it's been several days now so surely if it can be unlocked by getting a high score on a certain character, it'd be easier for that information to spread. Well this is clearly where I f'd up.

Shortly after giving up on keeping my high score around 500 (it's around 1,200 now) it suddenly turns out that you do need to get high scores, but on two characters. I really regret getting my high score now... LOL and then resetting the game is out of the question since it took me a ton of coins to unlock all gacha characters. I figured that'd take longer to recover compared to reaching a score around 1,000.

Very fun game overall though; perfect for waiting rooms.

15. CraniumCode

Surprisingly, it didn't take me very long to get up to my highscore of around 1100 on both characters. You'll be able to do it.

16. Yanagi

Yanagi Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2015
    Medicine
    #156 Yanagi, Oct 15, 2015
    I'll invest an hour on it today and see. Hopefully I can!

Also, I somehow unlocked Sparkles yesterday by beating a sparkling boombox wearing shades.

EDIT:

I tried to play one game just now. I was playing Hooty as my first 'serious' attempt to unlock Drama Llama. I was playing and noticed I finally reached 1,200... but for some reason I felt like continuing the game. And then next thing I know I'm already at 1,500... and thought maybe just a bit more. I reached 2,000 and told myself I dug my own grave since it'll be even harder to reach this. I pulled out all the stops and died at 2,763. I was telling myself "ah shoot, there goes an unlocked character. Good going, idiot."

But then...

Unlocked Drama Llama. No clue how... I didn't get "Good Score" on the other character because the highest it reached was 800 out of 1,200.

17. BitStern

BitStern Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2014
  18. WriterParty

WriterParty Member

Oct 8, 2015

Hahahahahah! I can't believe that worked!

19. CraniumCode

Thanks for the credits. Now there's one last secret character - the Zombie Cat

20. TRENCHERSTORM

TRENCHERSTORM Member

Jul 7, 2015
    Got 1200+ scores on both characters and still no Drama Llama. #