Universal Shooty Skies - Endless Arcade Flyer

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by TouchArcade Bot, Sep 30, 2015.

1. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    I've killed a million of the large bosses called Apocalypse Meow. I get that level end boss regularly. The other boss which is similar but fires the colored tickets at you I've only seen the mini boss version. Maybe it is a bug. Because I'm telling you I've spent hours trying every character.

Devs care to chime in?

Billy

2. CraniumCode

CraniumCode Active Member

I think your theory on mini bosses and big bosses is not true. There is no big boss version of the rainbow cat, only the mini boss. And by killing the mini-boss, you do get sparkles, as seen in this video This is also the same thing with Hipster Whale, there is no mini boss of the crossy road boss, only a big boss.

3. CraniumCode

I figured this thing out. You can only have one secret character at a time. I deleted the game and tried the method for hipster whale and it worked. This means that the method to get Sparkles works, you just can't have another secret character unlocked already. I'm not sure why this bug exists, but hopefully the developers can fix it in an update.

4. Bombiscuit01

Bombiscuit01 Active Member

Sep 28, 2015
    I concure

5. Bombiscuit01

Bombiscuit01 Active Member

Sep 28, 2015
    I have pew pew and sparkles

6. CraniumCode

Yeah, I have to correct my original proposition and say that you cannot unlock any other secret character once you've unlocked pew pew pew. If you unlock sparkles first, you can unlock pew pew pew after.

7. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    #107 LordShad0wz, Oct 7, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2015
    Well this bug sucks hehe. It does make sense. I've killed the rainbow ticket boss twice today and nothin! I have Pew pew pew and The Hipster Whale and every character except for Melanie.

Billy

8. CraniumCode

Yeah, this bug does stink. Now that we've cleared up this confusion it's time to unlock the other two characters.

9. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    Well I was thinking that we get pew pew pew from the western background levels and the Hipster whale from the Crossy level I was thinking perhaps there were secret characters unlocked by the other backgrounds?

Billy

10. CraniumCode

That would make sense, but Sparkles can be unlocked from any background.

11. sapphire_neo

sapphire_neo Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2011
    [​IMG]

[thread=272163][​IMG][/thread] [thread=272119][​IMG][/thread] [thread=272090][​IMG][/thread] [thread=270701][​IMG][/thread] [thread=272139][​IMG][/thread] [thread=268922][​IMG][/thread]

Shooty Skies

[​IMG]

is one of the nominees for

Touch Arcade Forums' Game Of The Week

October 2nd, 2015

VOTE HERE

***PLEASE NOTE***

1) Developers, publishing partners, or affiliates cannot vote for their own games. If your game is in the poll, you can't vote for it. You are free to ask TA forum posters in your game release thread to vote for your game... but please don't post multiple messages about it.
    2) This voting is for TA members with some activity. If you have to ask someone to create a new account to vote, you're doing it wrong.
    3) Suspect votes may be void.

Credit to AndyC83 for GotW logo & post layout

12. Guise

Guise Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2009
    #112 Guise, Oct 7, 2015
    Guess I'll redownload this and give it another try; really only played a couple games and couldn't get past my dislike of the controls. I know there's been some talk about relative touch or other control tweaks being a possibility. Hoping so. Anyone know if the developer is considering other control schemes/options?

13. slamraman

slamraman Well-Known Member
    Patreon Gold

Aug 27, 2011
    I've honestly got used to the controls. You rarely get hit from behind so I've pretty much got used to them. Proper relative touch would be ideal though. Whilst it's not a stone cold classic it's a nice little casual shooter. No idea how to unlock the final four or five characters (except pew pew) but I'll get them somehow.

14. CraniumCode

Another secret character is the Zombunnie. As quoted from a comment on CraniumCode.com by Ian Rueschhoff
    I've tried this method and it has yet to yield results, but maybe one of you will have better luck with it

15. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    I've been trying for about a half hour. The thing is it won't happen for me because I already have Pew Pew Pew and Hipster Whale and it's bugged. I really wish they would put out a fix or atleast officially confirm it. I've emailed them and they haven't updated this thread either.

Billy

16. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    I need it to be known. That in all my time. In all the games ive played as a result of this site. Finally. I have finally beaten my friend AnotherKellyDown in a game. It just happened. I now may die happy. Lol

Score of 1489!

Billy

17. CraniumCode

They confirmed it on twitter. It will be fixed in the next update.

18. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    #118 LordShad0wz, Oct 7, 2015
    Ahh. I just loaded Twitter up and added them. I don't really use Twitter. I guess I should. By the way I didn't realize I was on your YouTube channel last night watching some awesome videos. Thank you for all the awesome information. I hit the subscribe button :)

Billy

19. CraniumCode

Thanks, hopefully the videos helped you a bit

20. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    #120 LordShad0wz, Oct 7, 2015
    Absolutely! I spent so many hours, not an exaggeration, trying to get Sparkles. Your video confirming the bug helped.

Btw I added them on Twitter and they replied to my question about the fix. They said they would keep us posted and that there's going to be some treats coming with it.

Billy