Universal Shooty Skies - Endless Arcade Flyer

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by TouchArcade Bot, Sep 30, 2015.

1. cameron331

cameron331 Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2010
    The leaderboards are a complete joke. With just one board, it's comparing people with the normal weapon on one life to someone with quad guns that paid to continue. It would be nice to compare scores fairly.

2. CoreyFox

CoreyFox Well-Known Member

Jul 4, 2015
    It's just the Flavor of the Week.. I will add it to my "tried and enjoyed" list, along with Land Sliders.. Now, be gone..

3. Intendro

Intendro Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2013
    #43 Intendro, Sep 30, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2015
    Seems there's no notifications for the free gifts. ?
    ...there is, but the option doesn't become available until after getting some.

Someone said you only get one continue per run. So it's not as bad as it sounds... but I wonder how much a continue can cost...

4. caanerud

caanerud Well-Known Member

Mar 28, 2011
    No relative touch controls?

5. andysmash

andysmash Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2011
    You get a request to notify you about the free gift after a few times of collecting it. It appeared to me this afternoon after my 3-4th time.

You can continue with either watching an ad or paying some coins. My continue coin cost is usually in the 30s, which is either before or after the first boss (as far as I've gone). Considering how much you get that's pretty small. Earning 30 coins in a single run seems about right.

I think I'm the only person here who doesn't need or want relative controls. I like it this way!

6. Intendro

Intendro Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2013
    I got the request just now.

7. thumbs07

thumbs07 Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2010
    UK
    I played about 40 seconds.

8. MattDitton

MattDitton New Member

Mar 25, 2015
    Game Developer
    Melbourne, Austrlai
    Woops. Sorry @LordShad0wz that's a bug. We experimented with the idea of coin packs but didn't like them and removed them from the game. Looks like I missed that screen. I'll have myself flogged.

9. oscar123967

oscar123967 Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2012
    I like it, but too many projectiles are yellow. Your bullets are yellow, the coins are yellow, most enemy bullets are yellow, most explosion particles are yellow, and some mystery boxes are yellow. And considering how hectic the game is...

10. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    I have a request.

I'd like to have an upgradable magnet. I know there's sort of a magnetic effect already. I'm talking about a true magnetic effect that you can upgrade.

Billy

11. Sam MC

Sam MC Member

Oct 1, 2015
    Torino
    i dunno.. i dont seem to dig the leaderboard

12. 7lilwhitewolf7

7lilwhitewolf7 Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2012
    Male
    Not hear on earth
    Georgia,Cleveland Ohio,Texas,New York
    ##
    #?
    I've noticed the missiles need homing tweeks. They seem to fly right by the targets

13. Agreed. I want to see how others do without using continues or power-ups, but that's impossible. Sigh.

14. jbsib

jbsib Well-Known Member

Oct 4, 2011
    Not at all impossible, temple run 2 had a leaderboard for people who used no continues. Very simple solution really. Would love for this to be implemented myself as other than the leaderboard the game is fantastic.

15. Well, yeah. I meant it's impossible at the moment. I don't know if they plan to change anything, though. The game feels closer to PAC-MAN's model than Crossy Road. And PAC-MAN doesn't have a separate leaderboard for no continues.

16. Snooptalian

Snooptalian Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2009
    That's why this game should also have achievements. Something else to do besides chase scores...

17. talwar

talwar Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2015
    Please please please support iOS 8.0
    i can't upgrade and really wanna play this pls guys

18. Jerutix

Jerutix Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2009
    Male
    Ministry
    Oklahoma
    This game is exactly the game I've been wanting the last few weeks. A really really casual shump. I like the characters, I like the simple gameplay, it's great.

I agree that it could use a second leaderboard and some achievements. That would be fantastic!

19. NoiseGamer

NoiseGamer New Member

Oct 2, 2015
    Really Nice Game. It is certainly a big hit!

20. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    #60 LordShad0wz, Oct 2, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2015
    To the devs.

In Shooty Skies I decided to purchase the sir oinks a lot character. This way I would get double the coins. Well apparently it's only double the coins that are given out during the play through. On top of that every enemy just drops double the coins. Shouldn't it be one coin that is doubled? There's already enough going on on the screen lol. And why is it if I paid $5 for your game and I'm willI got to provide you further revenue by watching ads, why aren't those coins doubled as well? In other hipster whale games this is how it's done. Case in point Pac-Man 256. I paid $13 total in that game and I absolutely feel I did get my money's worth. Coins given out for ads are doubled as well. I watch ads and provide further revenue even after paying because I'm rewarded well.

Please fix this devs?

Billy