Universal Shooty Skies - Endless Arcade Flyer

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by TouchArcade Bot, Sep 30, 2015.

1. deadjam

deadjam Well-Known Member

May 9, 2010
    Male
    Digital Designer
    London, UK
    I totally agree with the hit box it seems a little small and there are some crazy enemy missile configurations which are impossible to avoid. The game is built around watching a video ad on continue and of course collecting the characters. Essentially it's Space Invaders dressed up rather nicely with polish but that's no bad thing for the casual audience who haven't played shmups before.

As I said before, it's a great insight into this 'collecting and unlocking virtual characters' as a reward system. It would be interesting to know if the players playing this primarily for the characters were into trading cards and similar hobbies when they were younger.

2. H4nd0fg0d

H4nd0fg0d Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2010
    This game is so tired, I can't believe it's still awake. Had its day, it bores me tremendously. Sorry, my opinion.

3. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    The missile tow truck is just terrible and actually ruins the gameplay. It throws the enemies and your power ups off the friggin screen! It messes up the enemy firing patterns and makes everything so chaotic.

The devs are just making this worse with every update.

The game is still fun. But they aren't fixing bugs, introducing new ones, and putting in things that are useless and actually ruin the gameplay. Do they even play their own game? Can they not see the missile truck throws your power ups off the damn screen repeatedly?

Billy

4. DaMobileMob_YT

DaMobileMob_YT Well-Known Member

The Missle Truck is too strong to be honest! And it actually really throws the power ups off the screen, which sucks! But nonetheless I'm still an addict! =)

5. DaMobileMob_YT

I agree with you on what you say! I pretty much play the game to unlock the characters also! Because the leaderboards can't be taken serious, since you have the option to continue by watching an ad!

6. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    All it does is draw in the larger boss enemies throwing their bullets all over or drawing them closer towards your position. I find it completely unusable. How did they not see this when they played the game? It's supposed to be a high score chasing game. This just totally ruins any chance of that.

Also I still cannot unlock the drama llama no matter how many times I beat my high scores with hootie and the other blob characters. There's still the bug where you can't view the ad right away to get a weapon. You have to play a game first and then you can go back and the button to view the ad won't be greyed out. That bug has been there since the game was first released.

This is one of my favorite iOS games but with every update the devs are just veering more and more into the BS zone.

Billy

7. DaMobileMob_YT

#207 DaMobileMob_YT, Dec 14, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2015
    It is a shame! But I can only agree with you on the fact, that until that day every update had some kind of a bug. This one seems pretty solid so far. I have heard that pretty often concerning the unlocking of "Drama Llama"! What device are you using?

8. DaMobileMob_YT

Hey guys,

I already unlocked two of the new four secret chars.

Glazed Ham Solo (My Fav)

For the third character Mighty Games Group posted a hint on Twitter! It is connected with the daily rewards! Haven't seen them so far? Anyone saw them?

Did anyone unlocked the fourth!? I think it is connected to the character "Elfabear"!

9. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    Wow those videos are awesome! I'm off to unlock some characters lol

Billy

10. DaMobileMob_YT

Glad you like them! I made it to unlock all secret characters so far! Only missing the one that is connected to the claiming of the daily rewards! Sleigher is almost impossible to unlock via iOS! I did it on Android within 15 minutes! Will be fixed with the new update though! =)

Here you can check the unlocking of Sleigher!

Enjoy! =)

11. Shriker

Shriker New Member

Jan 27, 2016
    I'm really loving this game but one thing is really bugging me. I can make top 3 in the global daily rankings every single day with a 3000 plus score within my first 3 or 4 games and the problem is that i just don't buy that i'm that good. I'm using the current version and never tried any hacks or cheats and i've never been better than average at any game in my 20 years of gaming.

Also the game only seems to actually recognise my scores maybe 10% of the time, so although my high score of 5494 is listed as this weeks highest score it hasn't recognised any of my other high scores in the last week.

I've seen high scores of over 1,000,000 so how can 3000 be top 3 most days? Are there only a few hundred people playing on any day?

12. DaMobileMob_YT

Well I don't think so! There are over 3 Millionen players playing this game! But you know what mate! Over 3000 is a pretty solid highscore! :)

13. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    No way they hit a million. Come on. Especially with the recent update throwing even more crazy unpredictable patterns. 3000 is a more reasonable high score.

Billy

14. DaMobileMob_YT

They hit the 1 Million on the 6th of October. After that they released the game on Android etc. I remember having seen a post where they say they hit the 3 Million. :) Could be wrong! But they got more than 1 Million!

15. Shriker

Shriker New Member

Jan 27, 2016
    Well the top 5 highest ever scores are all 1.410 billion.

16. paulkane

paulkane Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2012
    Library automaton
    Denver
    Those are hacked scores. Super annoying that some people have to make themselves feel better by hacking their scores.

3,000 is a great score. My high score is less than half that.

17. Shriker

Shriker New Member

Jan 27, 2016
    Just bested myself again! 6171 :D

Attached Files:

18. DaMobileMob_YT

Chinese New Year Update

MONKEY KING UNLOCK! =)

Enjoy Peeps!

19. Cameroth

Cameroth New Member

Feb 2, 2016
    A great sky shooter game. Have been playing this game for awhile. Sometime the bullets from enemies and power ups can be confusing.

20. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    Thank you for all of your great videos! They are appreciated and I've subscribed to your channel :)

Billy