Universal Shooting Stars! (by Noodlecake Studios Inc)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by killercow, Jul 8, 2015.

1. freakernet

freakernet Well-Known Member

Jul 9, 2015
    Thats might be one of the craziest game i ever played and it's great game indeed
    what a crazy imagination the devs have to create this one, spooky

2. Anotherkellydown

Anotherkellydown Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Bronze

[​IMG]

[thread=259448][​IMG][/thread] [thread=265993][​IMG][/thread] [thread=265930][​IMG][/thread] [thread=265908][​IMG][/thread] [thread=266079][​IMG][/thread] [thread=265913][​IMG][/thread] [thread=265929][​IMG][/thread]

Shooting Stars!

[​IMG]

is one of the nominees for

Touch Arcade Forums' Game Of The Week

July 9th, 2015

VOTE HERE

***PLEASE NOTE***

1) Developers, publishing partners, or affiliates cannot vote for their own games. If your game is in the poll, you can't vote for it. You are free to ask TA forum posters in your game release thread to vote for your game... but please don't post multiple messages about it.
    2) This voting is for TA members with some activity. If you have to ask someone to create a new account to vote, you're doing it wrong.
    3) Suspect votes may be void.

Credit to AndyC83 for GotW logo

3. henryfakesmile

henryfakesmile Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2013
    usa
    lol wtf?
    you guys are seriously good of overhyping something that you fond of
    I support indie games too i get it, but you people are ridiculous, It's just a normal 2D bullet dodge game with some meme and pop stuff
    $3 is better off with some other apps

4. Intendro

Intendro Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2013
    Different opinions to yours. That's all.

And why call this a "bullet dodge game"?
    That's like calling a fighting game "fist dodging game." It's missing half the description. :eek:

5. henryfakesmile

henryfakesmile Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2013
    usa
    yea this is a waste of time but i hope apple will refund me on this and i better just buy oceanhorn or something

6. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Wow, this has got to be one of the most idiotic things I've read on TouchArcade in a LONG time and I'm surprised no one commented on it. You want a refund? The game is, by all intents and purposes, a shmup. How did you buy it without knowing it was a "bullet dodge" game?

7. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
  8. coolpepper43

coolpepper43 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
  9. sapphire_neo

sapphire_neo Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2011
    Haha, these devs are way too awesome!

10. BigBeardedBloodironyBoss

May 19, 2015
    Gamedesign and Business @ Bloodirony Games
    Vienna
    Gamecenter fix and small update soon™

Hi fellow Star Shooters,

we and our genius partners Noodlecake have been busy tracking down the issue with Gamecenter crashing the game when having a lot of friends in your list. We fixed it and an update will come out soon™.

Because updates only with fixes are not that much fun and some things happened we also added 2 new bosses to the game.
    For his very insightful review and for all of his fans here at the TA forums we added Carter as a boss. Looks like the aliens infested him too, but that's understandable, because he is definitely a star worth infesting. And before you ask, he is fine with being in the game, we asked for permission. I was having a blast creating a special bullet pattern that fits his style :D!

[​IMG]

Shortly after our launch I had the pleasure to meet Rami (wait for it) Ismail of Vlambeer in Vienna and he played Shooting Stars! and gave me very good feedback. The best was, that the game definitely needs a Vlambeer in it. I asked him if he's cool with beeing a boss, and he said sure. So I took a picture of him and Tscherno

[​IMG]

and did what I was told:

[​IMG]

On top of that I buffed some of the weaker active items. The update is small and the main reason for it is the bugfix, but if we can add a little more awesome to the update sauce, why not!

Expect a really big content update later this year. We have some awesome things to bring to Shooting Stars! And btw: YOU GUYS ROCK. It's always a pleasure to revisit this thread.

Until laterz, all the best from the rainbow unicorn research labs
    Michael

PS: Please tell me you see the Vlambeer logo in the Rami boss pattern, because I do :)

11. sapphire_neo

sapphire_neo Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2011
    I can sort of see the logo, might need to be a little denser like the 3.5 though.

12. Luciano1084

Luciano1084 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2014
    You sir, are a towel..

Game is on sale for a buck btw #

13. BigBeardedBloodironyBoss

May 19, 2015
    Gamedesign and Business @ Bloodirony Games
    Vienna
    Update 1.0.2 out - fixes GC issue and adds 2 new bosses

Hi all,

as promised, the update is out. We fixed the a lot of gamecenter friends issue and added 2 new bosses Carter and Rami, as introduced in an older post of me. And I balanced a lot of active items.

To celebrate Bloodirony Games being at GDCEurope and Gamescom we also put the game on sale for 0.99. So if you did not buy it because of the gamecenter issues or the price, NOW IS THE TIME.

enjoy
    Michael - leaving the rainbow unicorn research labs for one week of geekyness in Cologne.

btw: the game is out on Android too, so more competitors in the daily run. The leaderboards are global and include players of both platforms :)

14. Thinkerton Games

Thinkerton Games Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jun 11, 2015
    I'm genuinely having a lot of fun with this. Great time waster for fans of old school shooters, though I don't have the reaction times I used to apparently! It helps that the visuals, audio and theme are funny and playful. A very solid shooter and a steal at 99 cents. I wouldn't mind seeing the option of a virtual joystick though!

15. cadillackills

cadillackills Well-Known Member

Jul 12, 2015
    #135 cadillackills, Aug 5, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2015
    Already bought but haven't played, any mfi support?

Also props to any devs that care about the people that love and play their products. I wish apple would just fire whoever is in control of the AppStore and hire a curator from Touch Arcade. Thanks for the game!

16. CamZer0

CamZer0 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2012
    Picked this up and love it. Pixel artwork always catches my eye and it's been a while since I played a good Shmup/Bhell game.

At first the bosses were tough, but after learning their firing patterns and making better use of super attacks/weapons I'm dropping them...

Except Belieber! Of them all I think he has got to be the most deserving of death by Lazer Kitty. But I just can't beat him. Has anyone?

17. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    I just wanted to say I finally took out Carter. My smiley face super power says it all. Lol

Billy

Attached Files:

18. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    So I was just playing and really what an awesome game this really is. I'd love to see more content even if we had to pay for it.

Billy