Universal Shooting Stars! (by Noodlecake Studios Inc)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by killercow, Jul 8, 2015.

1. H4nd0fg0d

H4nd0fg0d Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2010
    Freakin great stuff Noodle. Luv it!

2. Intendro

Intendro Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2013
    You can tap the screen with a second finger instead.

3. Guise

Guise Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2009
    Self-quote! Any thoughts or advice on the above would be much appreciated.

4. BigBeardedBloodironyBoss

May 19, 2015
    Gamedesign and Business @ Bloodirony Games
    Vienna
    Hey ho,

I am back from a 2 days indie game festival in Vienna and have some answers or remarks to your questions. Thank you for taking time and writing things down. I appreciate it very much!

Thank you for the intel. We think about creating more sick tunes when the content updates hit :)

Noted in our backlog. You are totaly right.

The hitbox is the center of Tscherno and not too big.

We will buff the weaker ones and not nerf the already good ones.

If you use gamecenter cards are synched. Your highscore is your gamecenter name.

What do you mean with characters, hero characters? Regarding changing types of shots, I think the point of being every run different is that you change weapons and ultimate attacks by picking up items that drop randomly. But we are working on a system, that helps you to avoid picking up items, that you do not want to pick up.

I am a big fan of NC and BoIR, and I think some parts in the game show that. You have to consider though, that a mobile shmup is a complete different kind of game and we tried to adjust some of the cool roguelike mechanics to our game. But there are thinking about additional items.

Thank you very much :). Maybe there will be an additional game in a content patch, that you might like quite a bit.

More content is in work. If you only have played 10 times I think you have a lot open to see :)

You meant, that they have the pixel art design with Tscherno on both sides?

I play it on my iPhone4S and I find it very playable.

Thank you for sharing your experience :).

Thank you so much, I love your german accent ... says the developer with the austrian accent :).

5. H4nd0fg0d

H4nd0fg0d Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2010
    I vote for unlimited retries on daily. Seems fine

6. sapphire_neo

sapphire_neo Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2011
    oh, I definitely understand about the limitations and target market for a mobile rogue-lite shmup, but I think the framework of Shooting Stars can grow into something truly amazing. If you guys find success on the App Store maybe you could port it over to PC and add whole new features there. I would absolutely love a large shmup in the vein of modern rogue-lites.

7. bigrand1

bigrand1 Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2010
    Geriatric Party Animal
    California, USA
    Great game! Great controls, graphics, humor, game play that constantly evolves, changing it up nicely at every turn! Definitely recommend this one for shooter fans! :cool:

8. sapphire_neo

Jan 20, 2011
    #109 sapphire_neo, Jul 13, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2015
    Just experienced something weird on a run. On the second loop I started getting foods that I could no pick up, but I think the effect was still being stacked onto my character. For example, one of the foods gave me "MOAR BULLETS", and now my fire standard fire rate looks something like this:

[​IMG]

Bosses die in about 3 seconds.

I picked up the Sheep food about 15 times, now sheep won't stop flying across the screen.

[​IMG]

9. BigBeardedBloodironyBoss

May 19, 2015
    Vienna
    The hitbox is the red square you can see in this image:
    [​IMG]

10. BigBeardedBloodironyBoss

May 19, 2015
    Vienna
    That is crazy and definitely a glitch and not intended. We are looking into this. But was it fun?

11. sapphire_neo

Jan 20, 2011
    It was super SUPER fun, I love breaking games like this! Reminds me of doing breaking runs in Rebirth. By the end I could not die because I had a very high rate shield, high rate of getting a heart when damaged, lots of sheep, rockets every now and then, ultimates on low cooldown and a billion bullets spawned if I touched the screen. The bullet spam did cause the game to run at like 10fps, but that's expected.

12. addictor

addictor Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2015
    All the bosses were kicking my ass, pretty hard game

13. Guise

Guise Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2009
    OK! Thanks for the clarification. Rock on.

14. Ryan_Noodle

Ryan_Noodle Well-Known Member
    Patreon Gold

Jan 29, 2013
    Biz guy at Noodlecake Studios
    Saskatoon
    Daily Run Question

Hey guys! Thanks for all the feedback about the Daily Run possible changes. As Micheal mentioned, we had debated going with both a single run and unlimited runs before launch, so it isnt as if we were just changing things based on the review.

In fact Carter had a ton of great points and said great stuff about the game too so we definitely appreciate his opinion. To be honest getting the coverage from the site and a timely review and everything else they have done for the game is way more than they ever had to do. So we appreciate everything!

And thanks to all the players who said such kind things about the game. We have lots of fun stuff planned for it so keep Shooting them Stars!

15. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    I love all the Noodlecake games. You guys are simply awesome devs that make really fun games.

Billy

16. Wicked8146

Wicked8146 Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Nov 17, 2009
    Dinosaur hunter
    Los Angeles
    Why do the cards need an internet connection to be displayed?

17. addictor

addictor Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2015
    When there is a big mess of bullets which come from everywhere, i noticed a big frame rate issues
    playing on iphone 6 ios 8.2

18. Jetjet

Jetjet Well-Known Member

May 14, 2010
    Well this is a nice totally crazy shoo'em up reminding me old good Jeff Minter games on Amiga !
    No crashes for me, no lack of frames (my device is an Iphone 6 without jailbreack and last updated ios) and thanks for all ! Music is great and there's a lot of great fun playing it for five or more minutes !
    Recommanded (highly) !

19. BigBeardedBloodironyBoss

May 19, 2015
    Vienna
    Because we are synching them, if you use the gamecenter user on different devices. Implementation will be fixed in an update, so you see your cards offline too.

Really, that is interessting, we did not experience any issues in an iPhone 6. Can you tell if it is at an specific boss or some special attacks and boss combinations?

Thanks a lot Jetjet. I am still a die hard Amiga fanboy, maybe the game shows that here or there! Minter Lamas ftw!