Universal Shooting Stars! (by Noodlecake Studios Inc)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by killercow, Jul 8, 2015.

1. vectorarchitekt

vectorarchitekt Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2013
    See, I think other games have done that, but this is the one that nails it in all the right ways.

2. sapphire_neo

sapphire_neo Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2011
    Dank memes and making fun of celebs, what more could one want? I love all the references!

3. DonnyDJ76

DonnyDJ76 Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2011
    Male
    Teacher
    Hackensack, NJ
    What a quick fix and a superb game! I deleted 300+ people off of GC.

4. NFCT

NFCT Member

Jul 31, 2014
    Graphic Designer
    Chernobyl
    Loving the game so far currently 15th on daily and trying to climb.

5. barryweiser

barryweiser Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2011
    Great game! Loving it so far, but how do you earn cards? I got one but it felt like it was random. Am I missing something?

6. kellstrand

kellstrand Member

Apr 29, 2014
    This is amazing. No game center crashes here. I'm also running iOS9. Top Notch.

7. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    I find it quite amusing that some people are complaining about the fact that you're shooting parody versions of celebrities. That's the entire premise of the game: You're Shooting...Stars!

8. NOEN

NOEN Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2012
    U.S.
    Lol. That's what I love about this game is the parodies. It's what keeps me playing, to see who's gonna pop out next. Not to mention, it's a great shooter in itself.

Definitely a great game and I give my stamp of approval on it. It's worth every penny.

9. Shifaan

Shifaan Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2013
    Ah finally, another brilliant release by my favourite developers :)

10. Ryan_Noodle

Ryan_Noodle Well-Known Member
    Patreon Gold

Jan 29, 2013
    Biz guy at Noodlecake Studios
    Saskatoon
    Need Beta Tester for GC Bug!

Hey TA'ers,

We think we might have isolated the Game Center bug. It actually seems like more of a Unity issue than GC but in any case, we need a willing participant who either bought the game and it crashes for, or has a ton of GC friends and is waiting to buy the game once it is fixed. Please PM and if you havent bought the game yet, we will toss you a code for your help.

Thanks so much and for all your patience!

11. Ryan_Noodle

Ryan_Noodle Well-Known Member
    Patreon Gold

Jan 29, 2013
    Biz guy at Noodlecake Studios
    Saskatoon
    Daily Run

Hey everyone! Need your help here. We have been discussing changing the Daily Run to a one time only run versus allowing players to do it an unlimited amount of times each day. My question to you is, what would you rather see?

1 - One Daily Run
    2 - Unlimited Daily Runs

Thanks everyone!

12. amusing Grace

amusing Grace Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2008
    Music, Muse, Magick
    Berlin, Germany
    How about daily runs limited to three tries with only the last try counting?
    That way one can gamble if one tries to better a run or maybe end up with a worse score. I really like this system in Midnight Star and think the daily runs should be limited somehow.

13. Anotherkellydown

Anotherkellydown Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Bronze

#73 Anotherkellydown, Jul 10, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2015
    That's definitely an interesting idea! Personally, I like the unlimited retries.

@Ryan_Noodle Are the cards just for collecting, or do they buff your character in some way?

14. Intendro

Intendro Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2013
    #74 Intendro, Jul 10, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2015
    I like the current idea more, of unlimited tries at a specific run.
    And in a way, we already have "one try" against any random run we do in the main mode. It's always different.

If you change it, why not make the "change" a separate mode instead? Everyone wins.

15. sapphire_neo

sapphire_neo Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2011
    Sad to see the TA review. The game is an easy 5/5 for me.

As for the dailies, maybe having two seeded modes might be better. One for unlimited and one for single.

16. coolpepper43

coolpepper43 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    Ya, Carter really knows how to destroy a good game.

17. wondroushippo

wondroushippo 👎🏻carter👎🏻
    Patreon Bronze

Jan 4, 2010
    Male
    Ex-TA, now I do PR
    San Antonio, TX
    My signature doesn't lie.

18. vectorarchitekt

vectorarchitekt Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2013
    Don't let that TA review get to you, the game is great. I like the unlimited retries but if you changed it to single that would be fine too. I'm just glad you have the daily run in there at all.
    A single try would certainly up the pressure, I guess that would be like what Card Crawl does.

19. Adsinjapan

Adsinjapan Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2013
    Well, glad to see I'm not the only one thinking this.

This Shooting Stars was my first credited Beta and I couldn't have been prouder to have been part of it.
    Almost certain it was going to be 5 stars, they left it to Carter Dotson to review it, and it's like the guy barely even touched the game before pinching one out over it.
    He completely ignored all of the effort went into making it, pretty much saying "it's too easy, and I don't get the references. They're not mocking enough"

WTF? It was never meant to be a harsh critique of celebrity! It was a fun poke!

20. Adsinjapan

Adsinjapan Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2013
    Hey Ryan. If possible, could you keep it to unlimited. I'd feel that any restrictions on tries might cut the overall experience somewhat. There's one way you could counter this. What about a token system?

Start with 5 tokens (or something) to do a daily run, then have additional as a drop item or reward per Card Hunt match?

Just an idea.