Universal Shooting Stars! (by Noodlecake Studios Inc)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by killercow, Jul 8, 2015.

1. PBSNellie

PBSNellie Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2013
    Southern CA
    #41 PBSNellie, Jul 9, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2015
    Based on Ryan's quick response and his history on this forum, I feel confident purchasing this game knowing it will be fixed. But this is a good time to clean up my GC list. Mind you, I don't necessarily care about my scores on GC, I care about loading and playing any game without having to constantly toggle GC off and on.

Update: I went in and deleted about 10 people. I only had 123 GC friends. Lo and behold, Adventures of Pip now plays just fine (it wouldn't even load before-see my whining over there), and this game plays fine as well. Go figure.

2. Adsinjapan

Adsinjapan Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2013
    I'm so glad I don't have any friends! Phew! Dodged a bullet there!

3. FettS1

FettS1 New Member

Jul 9, 2015
    Great game so far!

Not sure if devs see this, but the daily high score screen is bugged. It's not sorting largest - smallest properly. Myself at 53 and the two folks above me clearly have more than the person at 50. See attached screenshot

4. Mrwubbs

Mrwubbs Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2012
    Needs WAY moar cards. Great game tho.

5. Mrwubbs

Mrwubbs Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2012
    My name is Mr.wubbs on gc. Please add me so I can have more people on my daily leaderboard!

6. fatkit

fatkit Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2013
    Awesome game no doubt, but not an easy game for sure, runs a bit hot on my iphone 5 tho:)

7. Intendro

Intendro Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2013
    #47 Intendro, Jul 9, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2015
    Bottom of the screen looks like glitched text.
    That's supposed to say "combo," right?
    (iPhone 6, iOS 8.3)

*heads back into suspended game* ...and now it says "combo."

Attached Files:

8. Sexy Pirate

Sexy Pirate Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2014
    Call centre / Parent
    Newcastle England
    right well I've been playing and also loving this, this morning. big thumbs up from me. but what are the cards for? do they do anything or are they just something there to collect.

9. Caminagetcha

Caminagetcha Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2008
    Loving the game. I'm not usually good at these kg g of games but I seem to do fine In this one. Not bad a score in the daily challange. Add more cards weapons and maybe more modes plz :p

10. hincy89

hincy89 Well-Known Member

May 15, 2011
    Buy it then! Do t wait for a freebie plus there were only 2 codes

11. freakernet

freakernet Well-Known Member

Jul 9, 2015
    Superb game, i really enjoy great gameplay and pretty good controls

I saw that bug as well, so i confirm that
    "Not sure if devs see this, but the daily high score screen is bugged"

12. DonnyDJ76

DonnyDJ76 Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2011
    Male
    Teacher
    Hackensack, NJ
    **I went from 497 friends to 192 friends, trying to keep people I know from TA or other places. It worked!! I installed this along with Gunfinger, another game I was having issues with and they both load with Gamecenter active.

13. Qwertz555

Qwertz555 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2010
    It seems to run even smoother after beta testing. Almost no GC friends, absolute no problem on my 5s.

At some point i'd like to have a complete (spoiler) list, please, "who the eff are all those people?" in the game. I'm an older "device" and not in touch with all the latest trash.

For me there should be a Gene Simmons (Kiss) with his shooting tong, or an Angus Young's (AC/DC) shmuping guitar while he's doing his twists laying on his back in this game. Did i read Donald Trump somewhere, really?! Must have been kidding...

My GOTW, no doubt. Congrats Devs!

14. BigBeardedBloodironyBoss

May 19, 2015
    Gamedesign and Business @ Bloodirony Games
    Vienna
    Update from Bloodirony Games

Hi folks,

We are actively watching this thread and are currently taking care about all the stuff you find. We love all the positive feedback and good vibe you throw at us. Tripple thumbs up from the rainbow unicorn research labs.
    Here are some answers to your questions:

Bug in investigation, working on a fix. Thanks for the info and sorry for the inconviniences.

More cards are already in production. You will love them :)

We are hunting this nasty bug down too. Thanks for the information and screenshot.

We noticed it, thank you for pointing that out and apologies for the inconveniences. Working on it.

I love to hear that you found a workaround that you can live with. Still working on a fix though.

We will give you a complete list next week, when it is safe to spoil it :)

15. Fastbridge

Fastbridge Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2009
    Service advisor for Honda
    NYC, New York. USA
    Wow this is the best shooter I have ever played. I'm am totally blown away by the amount of weapons and specials this game has. I could totally see this ok my device for months to come. Get this now.

16. Ryan_Noodle

Ryan_Noodle Well-Known Member
    Patreon Gold

Jan 29, 2013
    Biz guy at Noodlecake Studios
    Saskatoon
    GC Bug

We are close to getting the Game Center bug fixed everyone! A new version will be available soon. This is a very strange edge case that has been popping up more recently so it caught us all a bit off guard. Stay tuned for more info for anyone who cant play and thanks for everyone who is playing currently and saying such great things!

17. L0ck

L0ck Well-Known Member

Jan 29, 2015
    The description was an almost instant-turnoff for me. I'm all for meme humor when it's well-used, but 'can haz lazer cats?' 'Kanye East'? 'PewDerPie'? uuuuuuugh

But I love me some shooters, I love me some procedurally-generated gameplay (even if 'roguelike' is starting to lose its actual meaning), and the basically all-posoiive chatter has me rethinking this. Might have to get drunk, bite the bullet (ba-dum-tish) and give this a shot (ok that one wasn't purposeful) this weekend.

Always helps when devs are active and supportive in the threads, too.

18. Jetjet

Jetjet Well-Known Member

May 14, 2010
    Waiting for bug fixes and then after : INSTANBUY !

19. your personal robot

your personal robot Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2008
    nonverbalist
    Berlin
    It tries a bit too hard to be hip, it get's old a bit too quickly. Still a fun shooter with fun weapons, tight controls and a great presentation.

20. blue rocket

blue rocket Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2013
    I am still waiting for the Pitbull hover board! [emoji16][emoji16][emoji16]