Universal Shooting Stars! (by Noodlecake Studios Inc)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by killercow, Jul 8, 2015.

1. adlk

adlk Member

Hey guys it's such an incredible feeling to read all your amazing feedback. When we first started with Shooting Stars! no one ever imagined that it may turn out like this! You totally rock my socks!

Don't worry, Shooting Stars! will be available worldwide on the 9th of July. In NZ it's the 9th for quite a while now. Can't wait to officially download the game from the Austrian AppStore.

2. fabianb

fabianb Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Awesomeee, will download it tomorrow morning then :))

3. B30

B30 Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2012
    Planet Earth
    If you like shmups, pick this one up, it's just great (and premium)!
    @devs - congrats!!

4. NOEN

NOEN Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2012
    U.S.
    Can't wait for this one tomorrow.

5. BlackEyedBoy

BlackEyedBoy Member

May 13, 2015
    Uh oh... Sorry to say, and really genuinely sorry, but there's a problem. Some of you may be aware of the bug with some games when it tries to log into your Game Centre account. The game will freeze at that point and either just stay frozen until you hit the "Home" button, or after a few moments, it'll crash to the home screen anyway.

Sometimes this issue has been connected to those with very large friend lists - and it's only by signing out of Game Centre that will allow it to run properly.

This has been tested on an iPhone 6+, an iPhone 5s and an iPad Air. Similar crashing on all 3 devices (running iOS 8.4) and the same GC account. Only signing out of GC remedies this.

Can anyone else confirm this? :-(

6. DonnyDJ76

DonnyDJ76 Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2011
    Male
    Teacher
    Hackensack, NJ
    I hope this is NOT the case. While Game Center is buggy, it is the fault of the programmers. This issue has occurred on numerous occasions and has eventually been fixed. I'm not going to go out of my way and shut the ******g thing off just so I can play. I, too, would like to hear feedback from others as well as the publisher.

7. NOEN

NOEN Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2012
    U.S.
    Ugh. This is starting to happen a lot lately. I actually have a folder created for games that don't work well with GC.

8. rezn

rezn Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Mar 8, 2014
    Male
    Coder/Keyer in medical ICD 10
    Reno, NV
    I'm really loving this so far. It's definitely a challenging game. Brutal but rogue like can be like that. Every game I play I get a little bit further. Finally nabbed a card too. Kudos to the devs, TA for streaming via Mobcrush during my lunch break and Noodlecake for tossing out some free copies this morning which I was lucky enough to nab one.

9. ItouchBrett

ItouchBrett Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2008
    So when is this out?

10. DonnyDJ76

DonnyDJ76 Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2011
    Male
    Teacher
    Hackensack, NJ
    #30 DonnyDJ76, Jul 9, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2015
    It's out now across the U.S. and I took one for the team in terms of Game Center. I'm a schmuck. $2.99 plus tax down the crapper until they fix this problem.

Black Eyed Boy, I should have listened to you. Noodlecake came out with a great brick breaker that kept crashing but I wrote a 5 star review because the game was fun. Some people could care less about GC but I guarantee that this will directly effect the sales of the game until the problem is remedied.

11. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    Hahahahaahaha

A Wilhelm scream! Brilliant. Love this game!

Billy

12. Adsinjapan

Adsinjapan Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2013
    #32 Adsinjapan, Jul 9, 2015
    Currently unavailable in the Japanese AppStore. Can't find it anywhere. :(

Edit: whoops! Nevermind! For some reason I couldn't search for the game by name. I had to look for Noodlecake games.

13. Sexy Pirate

Sexy Pirate Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2014
    Call centre / Parent
    Newcastle England
    #33 Sexy Pirate, Jul 9, 2015
    can somebody tell me what the controls are like? I can see it plays in portrait mode but would like to know the controls before jumping in. thanks.

edit. nvm jumped aboard anyway. rainbows kittens lazers couldn't resist. I'll be back with what I think.

14. BlackEyedBoy

BlackEyedBoy Member

May 13, 2015
    I'm not sure if this is moderator-worthy or not, but people need to know that their mileage will vary because of this bug. Turn off GC and the game runs as smooth as you like, but when on, all you're be seeing is a blue menu screen of optimism before reality strikes and you're dumped back to the home screen. It's such a shame because without GC it's a blast. However, and understandably, more and more people care about the achievements and what-not so I really hope the developer comes back to comment on this.

I wonder if a moderator would kindly put something in the OP to warn people? It's a little unfair for such a good game to be marred by this and then leave the developer with an uphill battle to reclaim the gamers' faith.

Yes, exactly.

Maybe a compelling reason to leave GC out? J/K... ;)

15. killercow

killercow Well-Known Member

Done ;)

16. BigBeardedBloodironyBoss

May 19, 2015
    Gamedesign and Business @ Bloodirony Games
    Vienna
    #36 BigBeardedBloodironyBoss, Jul 9, 2015
    Note from the devs - gamecenter problem - fix is in work

Dear Toucharcade Community,

I am one of the devs from Bloodirony Games, and I want to inform you about the gamecenter issue.
    The Issue pops up if you have a large amount of gamecenter friends.
    We want to apologize for the inconveniences and let you know that, that we understand that gamecenter is a big part of the fun in iOS games and we are currently working on a fix for that.

Please note that you can play both game modes (card hunt and daily run) also with gamecenter deactivated. You will appear in the highscores even with gamecenter deactived. We are aware that this is just a workaround.

Thank you for understanding and expect a quick fix soon.

If you are among those people where Shooting Stars! is crashing, please send me a pm with device details and the amount of gamecenter friends you have.

Regards
    Michael

17. amusing Grace

amusing Grace Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2008
    Music, Muse, Magick
    Berlin, Germany
    Thanks for this post, glad that you are aware and working on a fix.
    I had issues in the past (e.g. Daytona Rush, which has been fixed) because i have 451 GC friends. I would happily delete some friends but the GC UI is a pain and it takes like ages to unfriend people one by one.

I'm really itching to play as i love Cave games and this one looks just to colourful, funny and exotic to pass up.

18. vectorarchitekt

vectorarchitekt Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2013
    Wow this is really good. Controls are great.
    Love the references, very clever.
    No crashes for me so far luckily.
    Is the main guy with the cat supposed to reference anyone specific?
    Also are there specific level sets or is it endless?

19. redribbon

redribbon Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2010
    entepreanur,programmer
  20. BlackEyedBoy

BlackEyedBoy Member

May 13, 2015
    PM sent - hope it's useful information, and looking forward to really getting into this game. It has just about the right amount of 'crazy'. :)