Shooting Showdown [Free, Univ] | Head-to-head virtual reality shootout

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Naquatic, Jul 16, 2012.

1. sawyer4325

sawyer4325 Well-Known Member

May 20, 2011
    Ohhhhh ok. Yeah was wondering!

2. Naquatic

Naquatic Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2009
    We were hoping it would be clear since we called the leaderboard "Coins Earned," but we should probably come up with a better way to specify.

3. Naquatic

Apr 13, 2009
    PM'd handintoaster, epikninja, deadlock32, jumpman475, and Platyrrhine

4. Fastbridge

Fastbridge Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2009
    Service advisor for Honda
    NYC, New York. USA
    Sorry naquatic. I could not play last night. I checked out the game briefly and must say I'm impressed with graphics and like the gyro control. I didnot play a game but I'm looking forward to tonight. I'm very impressed on what I saw

5. Naquatic

Apr 13, 2009
    No worries, we'll figure out a time and coordinate soon!

6. jumpman475

jumpman475 Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2009
    Student
    Ithaca, NY
    Umm, I guess your PM box is full. Haha

7. epikninja

epikninja Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2012
    Naquatic, I can't send you pm's because it says your box is full, so this is what I sent you:

Awesome! But wait, I'm confused. Is Shooting Showdown out on the app store already? I can't seem to find it. Shooting Showdown is the gane we will be racing in, right? Thanks

8. Naquatic

Apr 13, 2009
    #28 Naquatic, Jul 19, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2012
    Gahh, it's clear now. Sorry about that!

The game isn't in the App Store until next thursday. I sent you a promo code that will allow you to download it pre-release.

9. tim240

tim240 Well-Known Member

Jun 26, 2012
    Please send me a code! I really liked Affliction and I would love to get this one too!

10. deadlock32

deadlock32 Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2012
    Hey Naquatic, I have to admit I cant absolutely play this game! Im now your earned Fan. Lookin forward to ur games bro! Keep up the good work and best of lucks in ur games man!

Since I couldnt send a pm to you, this is what it said.

"Hey, Naquatic. Its fine. I knew they would beat me anyway but im glad I got involved in this activity. Thanks, and good luck in ur future devoplment."

11. Naquatic

Apr 13, 2009
    You're on the list for tomorrow!

Thanks deadlock :). I'm sure we'll be crossing paths many-a-time in the forum.

12. Naquatic

Apr 13, 2009
    tim240, D. Bida, and deadlock32, check your PMs!

13. Platyrrhine

Platyrrhine Well-Known Member

Jan 6, 2012
    #33 Platyrrhine, Jul 23, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2012
    After warning Naquatic profusely that I'm terrible at this game, I did the impossible and beat him in multiplayer - twice. I guess all those hours spent playing Modern Combat 3 helped me master FPS swipe controls on iOS.

As for the game, its strongest point is its simplicity. Within a minute of opening the app for the first time, you'll have the controls down and know exactly what to do. The main menu is cleverly done - though I must admit, it had me very confused at first - and serves as a bit of an introduction into the game as a whole. The graphics are nice, as you'd expect from the Unity engine, and the game is as similar to Soccer Showdown as a shooting game could possibly be. Individual matches are short and intense. You'll see the score constantly changing in the top left corner, but honestly you probably won't be looking at it too closely because you'll be trying so hard to hit some moving targets. Afterwards, you have the option to request a rematch or to give up and save further embarrassment. I still insist I'll be using that second option extensively in the future.

One suggestion is to add more guns. There are a few that can be unlocked, and I can imagine myself obtaining enough gold to reach the first one easily, maybe the second one, but the third and fourth are pretty far out there. Maybe throw an MP5 in there or an Uzi or something! I don't have any evidence to back this belief up, but I think that the more weapons you have in the game, the more it will draw people in.

In any case, the game is quite fun and I'm looking forward to humiliating myself against some of you all when it's released to the public :)

14. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    No one's ever on when I'm on.

15. Platyrrhine

Platyrrhine Well-Known Member

Jan 6, 2012
    Add me on GC (Platyrrhine) and invite me to a match sometime :)

16. Naquatic

Apr 13, 2009
    Incredible feedback...I feel like we should be paying you :). You absolutely slaughtered me in our match. I see you're still downplaying your skills so that you can catch another poor competitor completely off-guard ;).

More guns, in both this game and Affliction, are on the way. I'm hesitant to add a full-auto weapon in Shooting Showdown because it would give players a huge advantage, but we've got some cool ones in the works.

Well, you are one of only 10 people who currently have the game. That'll all change on Thursday when we launch!

I'm free for the next couple hours, shoot me a PM and we can match up.

17. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    Going to sleep :(

18. Naquatic

Apr 13, 2009
    You'll need all the sleep you can get for the big match tomorrow ;).

19. popjam5

popjam5 Well-Known Member

Jun 15, 2012
    This app looks amazing! I have soccer showdown, and I play it all the time :) :)
    I am DEFINETELY going to get this!
    Could you pretty please send a PM?
    If not, it's ok, I'll get it as soon as it comes out ;)

20. Naquatic

Apr 13, 2009
    Ch-check your PMs