Universal Shooting Showdown 2 (by Naquatic)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Naquatic, Mar 19, 2014.

1. O'Doyle

O'Doyle Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2012
    I've seen quite a few of you online :)
    GC: 0'Doyle

2. Naquatic

Naquatic Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2009
    I mentioned this earlier, but we weight matchmaking based on gun type. We've been tweaking the algorithm since Guncrafter. On the whole I think people seem pleased with the balance. If you're good, you're going to win a lot. If you're bad, you can unlock better guns eventually as a handicap, but skill trumps equipment overall (especially with the matchmaking weighting)

Me too... So exciting to see all these active TA-ers :)

3. Endscrypt

Endscrypt Well-Known Member

May 8, 2012
    Wow! Great little game & the matchmaking is spotless, nice one guys.

4. Eidaven

Eidaven Well-Known Member

Sep 16, 2012
    How come the IAP in the shop doesn't show actual prices? You tap them and it just going directly to purchasing it.

5. Naquatic

Apr 13, 2009
    We talked about this in the MonsterCrafter thread and earlier in this thread, but long story short it's a bit complicated because we have to localize the prices to each currency and render the proper currency symbols and values. We're looking to add this in future games since Apple changed the IAP system to require a password before displaying the price.

Thanks Endscrypt! We really appreciate it :)

6. O'Doyle

Jun 23, 2012
    I am LOVING this game. Seriously, if you hold the phone up like you drew a pistol, it's about as close to a great range experience as you can get without shelling out $100+ for ammo and then having to clean the gun afterward :)

It's good fun—and f2p, the value is insane. Throw the dev at least a little IAP to kill the ads and keep him employed making quality shooters!

Btw, as a shooter IRL, I can *totally* tell which of my opponents are fellow shooters, and which have never fired a real gun before. That an iphone game can mimic the range experience to that degree is nuts!

7. popjam5

popjam5 Well-Known Member

Jun 15, 2012
    How can you tell which ones have fired a gun? Just by whether they beat you or not? :)

8. O'Doyle

Jun 23, 2012
    I dunno—it happens so rarely heheheheh

—but, most basically, controlled shots w/o "spray 'n' pray" is usually a sign of a disciplined shooter; combined with a calmness under the pressure I exert on their side of the lane, etc. I can tell.

9. Eidaven

Eidaven Well-Known Member

Sep 16, 2012
    Poll....

1. Are you using gyro controls?

2. Or are you using swipe controls?

I used to be a big time console FPS nut so I find myself enjoying the swipe controls better. What about you guys? I've been destroying everyone I get matched against by more than triple their score and it makes me wonder what control style they are using...

Also, I disabled the vibration. I find it distracting. Plus it was killing my battery.

10. O'Doyle

Jun 23, 2012
    Gyro—it's most like holding and pointing a real gun this way. Move from shoulders, not wrists, & lean into it like you would a real firearm. Massive score boost for good form :)

Vibration off for me too. My battery!

11. Naquatic

Apr 13, 2009
    Thanks times a million :)

Very interesting, I'm curious about this as well. I use gyro, for the record.

12. sugimulm

sugimulm Well-Known Member

I'm a swiper, easier to hide while playing at work, lol. Who do I contact to sue for making me unproductive at work, lol :D. Such a great game, been hooked on it since day one!

How about some zombie content, head shots baby!

13. Naquatic

Apr 13, 2009
    Please direct all lawsuits towards my brother.

Robot head shots aren't enough for you? ;)

14. sugimulm

Lol, ok will do ;). Robots, eh, lol. Nothing like the "squish" of zombie brains, lol

15. Naquatic

Apr 13, 2009
    Haha, agreed.
    http://naquatic.com/affliction/
    Close enough? You definitely wouldn't have to worry about playing that one at work...

16. sugimulm

Oh yeah! Forgot about that one, sorry had to make room on my phone had to delete it :(. Will re-download to play the updated version. Thanks!

17. Naquatic

Apr 13, 2009
    Hahah, no apology necessary. It's an old game, not nearly as polished as our most recent shooters.

Shooting Showdown, or Affliction? Both are free.

18. mojojojo82

mojojojo82 Member

Mar 1, 2014
    Epic game, 5/5.

Fave modes - light bulb, target, balloons.

Would love to see some more modes like this, perhaps moving targets even (duck shoot? Clay pigeons?).

Moles has a bug (shooting ground gives points).

Good job :)

19. O'Doyle

Jun 23, 2012
    I can confirm the moles bug. Right now, that mode is just who can tap the fastest/have the largest magazine

20. Naquatic

Apr 13, 2009
    #180 Naquatic, Mar 27, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2014
    Fixed along with everything else in version 1.2, which is currently awaiting review by Apple. Thanks for the heads up!

Clay pigeons would be awesome. We've been trying to implement them since the SS1 days, but lag comes into play any time you have fast moving targets. Slow clay pigeons aren't any fun ;)