Universal Shooting Showdown 2 (by Naquatic)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Naquatic, Mar 19, 2014.

1. Fangbone

Fangbone Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2012
    Michigan, USA
    I tried that as well and it just didn't feel very good. For myself if I'm going to play a game like this where I'm pretty much just controlling a gun I'm gonna go with Overkill 2. Seems to be superior in just about every way to me.

2. badmanj

badmanj Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2009
    Software developer
    Reading, England
    Decent game, this. Just needs to auto-rotate; it's awkward on my iPad Mini as it is.

Friend code is HAQAAQ if anyone wants it.

Jamie

3. Lerisbo1192

Lerisbo1192 Well-Known Member

Nov 26, 2012
    hueco mundo
    the point of the game?

4. badmanj

badmanj Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2009
    Software developer
    Reading, England
    To shoot things.

5. Lunacy182

Lunacy182 Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2012
    So how much is the gold doubler? I thought when you clicked on shop items it gave you a price before you put in your password to buy. This just gives me the password screen. Don't want to buy something I don't know the price to. Thanks.

6. cloudpuff

cloudpuff Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2013
    lazy layabout
    uk
    You enter your password then get a message if you want to buy blah blah for x amount.

Gold doubler is £2.99

And the big pro pack is £69.99

7. mw1

mw1 Active Member

Aug 30, 2013
    Great game so far, except the aforementioned oyster bug. One question to the pros out there though, how does one score well at the tire level? I don't seem to have any problem with other levels, but I nearly always lose at the tire one. Can't seem to get above 100 points consistently. Any tips?

8. NOEN

NOEN Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2012
    U.S.
    I was having problems with it too for a few until I figured out that you have to shoot at the top of the tire to get it to move once it starts rolling. Try that. It worked for me.

9. NOEN

NOEN Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2012
    U.S.
    I noticed that too cuz I'm a lefty. I got used to it after a few plays though.

10. Naquatic

Naquatic Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2009
    Thanks YGM!

sawyer!! So great to see all these familiar faces :D

I'm guessing Pooh left a few surprises for you during that extended break

Thank you Shilo, glad to hear it!! The friend list is independent from your Game Center friends. A bit confusing I know. It's more of a reward system for sharing the game than a social network.

Thanks for mentioning this guys, rich and I worked through the oyster issue a little earlier. The hit box seems to disappear once you've hit the bar in a particular oyster. I fixed the issue last night, it'll be in v1.2. Apologies!

The UFO is a new one, I'll investigate and get a fix in before we submit 1.2.

Thank you!!

We are actually very close to having autorotation working with our gyro engine. Stand by. Also, the gyroscope should not be inverted. I've never heard of that one before... very curious.

Great idea. So as a lefty, you would prefer to tap on the left to shoot and swipe on the right half (if swipe is enabled)? My brother, the other half of Naquatic, is a lefty but he prefers the tap right / swipe left system. Interesting…let me see if I can have a toggle finished for v1.2

11. NOEN

NOEN Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2012
    U.S.
    I'm so used to doing everything the "right" way, that it doesn't bother me at all. I'm sure it would be a good option for people that have issues as leftys tho. Plus, most games have the gun or trigger on the right side anyway.

12. chief78

chief78 Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2012
    #112 chief78, Mar 20, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2014
    GZ3WWJ

Great game, and having a blast. I do wish the "no price listed" bug was not present. So is the doubler $2.99 US or more? I was debating it, just because the price of the SMG is pretty darn expensive....saving towards the glock (or whatever it is...) and that's not too bad at 250.

Great little game though, and liking the variety of modes!

P.S. I added everyone who posted their friend ID on the last 4 pages ;)

13. PeteOzzy

PeteOzzy Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2013
    Norwich, England
    Ah man, don't change the UFO one - I always win on it :D

Anyway, I'm loving this and I'm not surprised at all - it is Naquatic after all! Nice to find a game I'm actually good at!

14. Naquatic

Apr 13, 2009
    Thanks chief! It's actually not a bug, we don't list the prices because you have to do all of the currency conversion and currency symbol display manually. It's impossible to purchase an IAP item without first getting the popup from Apple that displays your local price. It used to show you the price before you entered your password…simpler times…but either way you get to see the price before you execute a purchase.

Hey PeteOzzy! Haha don't worry, I won't make any drastic changes

15. rIcHrAnDoM

rIcHrAnDoM Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    I don't know if I'm a pro, I just have the biggest gun :D the key to success on the tire seems to be hitting it at the highest point every time. Hope this helps.

16. Pocketnova

Pocketnova Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2012
    This game blows every other gallery shooter out of the water, even other ones by Naquatic. The simple fact that all this content is free... It's crazy! Every free moment I have is spent on this game. Just in multiplayer (I've played a ton of practice for all the modes) I have 45 wins and two losses. Absolutely fantastic!!

17. Jake7905

Jake7905 Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2013
    It shows the doubler listed for $4.99 US on the App Store.

18. Bluejunco

Bluejunco Active Member

Nov 3, 2012
    Definitly a good game. But to get a better weapon is nonsense.
    This is a shame because I like this game

19. Naquatic

Apr 13, 2009
    Thanks Pocketnova! That's quite a win ratio...

I believe matchmaking is semi-weighted based on your current gun, so have no fear!

20. Echoen

Echoen Well-Known Member

May 16, 2012
    USA
    Either push the tire off first or keep shooting the topmost part of the tire to score big points. When it's still close to you, shoot as fast as you can and gradually slow down to keep your accuracy high to keep getting big points and avoid deductions.