Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by jawslover, Feb 20, 2009.
Edit: Purchased. For 99 cents it's a good deal!
Relatively large download: 80.4MB.
This doesn't look too bad
Awesome I'm all over this one. Thanks for the tip.
Big download, looks nice, but will wait for reviews.
Good movie, not as good as The Departed though.
Looks good. Anyone have any comments on the game yet?
Looks good. Downloading now
99 cents!? Downloading now! I'll post some sort of review soon... But arrg the anticipation of zen bound is still killing me
Any clue what the price will be once the $.99 tag comes off? Hate for this game to be awesome and jump up to $3.99 or something once I finally decide I want it.
Wasn't this supposed to be more? And for those who bought it please let us know how it is.
As soon as I started the game:
- Very polished interface (really) including a nice background music
- Options: Sound Vol / Vibration / Calibration / Invert Aim
- Interactive tutorial (includes spoken narrative)
- Two Modes: Story and Arcade (which is locked)
- In the main menu there's also a Medals item
Starting Story mode:
- Great mission presentation including spoken dialogs (that's a really nice touch)
- First you use binoculars to see where enemies are (take a good look): you have to align two red circles in order to find the right spot; once found you click fire (bottom right) to go to the sniper mode
- You tilt to aim (not so easy and it should not be in fact); wind is a factor to consider; hold your breath (bottom left button) to stabilize for some seconds; then shoot! You have also to reload which I found very nice
- Some enemies are easy to shoot but the last one was hidden... Well I don't want to spoil anything here; the fact is that targets are not always just standing there waiting for a shoot
- When they start to shoot back then you have to hurry up and find all of them (game gets interesting)
- You have to finish a mission in a given time
Conclusion so far:
I didn't even finish the first mission but I'm quite impressed with this game for only $0.99. Great production, graphics, sounds, background sounds, spoken dialogs, awesome user interface. It's really nice.
The only thing that annoys me a bit is the fact that the game has a "loading" time when you switch from the binoculars to the sniper.
It's too early to rate but if I had to do it right now (after playing a few minutes) I'd give it 5/5.
Thanks for the review Carlos, top notch as always.
That's good enough for me, add another application to my backlog. ^ ^
Thanks for that Sz! Very detailed!
just picked it up, impulse buy
Thanks for the quick review Carlos, this seems worth the dollar.
Beware, there's another Shooter in the app store: