Universal Shoot the Dragons (by Weedo Technology Co., Limited)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Passion, Oct 20, 2016.

1. Passion

Passion Well-Known Member

Jul 12, 2016
    Thannnnnnk you!!!
    We will do our best to take a best game to you.

2. Passion

Jul 12, 2016
    What we said is exactly what we did:)
    Thank you very much.
    Our target: Be the greatest horizontal shooter on mobile!

3. Passion

Jul 12, 2016
    We have already added recording screen function using ReplayKit of iOS for next version

4. boodro82

boodro82 Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2012
    Beta tested this, had a lot of fun with it.
    Downloaded the final version this morning and will check it out tonight! If you are a fan of side scrolling shooters, check it out. It's free! Give it a shot.

5. FiloMJ

FiloMJ Well-Known Member

May 16, 2015
    Male

Downloading, thanks. ;)

6. nini

nini Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2012
    I'm bugged by "Horizoasdf Unique Monsters" on two of the promo images.

7. Passion

Jul 12, 2016
    Sorry about that, it's our mistake. We will fix them ASAP.

8. Jayg2015

Jayg2015 Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2015
    Male
    Player 1
    Liberty city
    This developer constantly making changes to the game. They listen to each comment and take in serious criticism .
    They made huge changes and made this game as perfect as it could be AND still has updates in store.
    I'm so impressed by not on this game but the developers serious attempts in listening to every single persons good or bad comments and implementing all the great ideas we all have.
    Fully support this team and this game.
    I'll be promoting this on my gaming social media to the fullest.
    5stars

9. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    #29 L.Lawliet, Oct 21, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2016
    Devs! Is it possible to fit the text under the App icon to something that fits? Right now it says "Shoot the..." and I'm sure that's not what you'd like it to look like.

Edit: Some other suggestions

* Show what level you are on the skill meter. Since different levels do different things, I think it's pretty important to tell the player what level they are at. The circle just keeps charging and charging it's hard to memorize aside from shades of color.

* Can we change the avatar on the leaderboards? I saw people with different avatars but I don't know how to do that. Any help?

10. Passion

Jul 12, 2016
    Yes, we will listen every feedback, the positive and negative feedbacks are both insightful opinions to us.
    BTW, the next version(1.2.4), we will fix some little issues at first. And add more buddies and bosses in version 1.2.5.

11. Passion

Jul 12, 2016
    Devs! Is it possible to fit the text under the App icon to something that fits? Right now it says "Shoot the..." and I'm sure that's not what you'd like it to look like.
    -----Fixed in next version, thank you :)

* Show what level you are on the skill meter. Since different levels do different things, I think it's pretty important to tell the player what level they are at. The circle just keeps charging and charging it's hard to memorize aside from shades of color.
    ----Good advice, we will consider the detail solutions and add in future versions :)

* Can we change the avatar on the leaderboards? I saw people with different avatars but I don't know how to do that. Any help?
    ---- Now, you just can choose the avatar when you are creating your account, but we will add a options in setting to change the avatar in the future version(maybe in 1.2.5 or 1.2.6).

12. ReluctantFr0g

ReluctantFr0g Member

May 21, 2013
    So I keep playing the same levels over and over. I have unlocked most of the buddies and two costumes. I have fought the slime cat Viking cook rocker love bird & dragon snake. Anything else or am I done ?

13. Jayg2015

Jayg2015 Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2015
    Male
    Player 1
    Liberty city
    This game is overall an awesome experience and the developer isn't done yet!
    Love these type of devs who care about their games and are constantly improving.

14. Passion

Jul 12, 2016
    Yes, there are 2 bosses you do not meet now, and we are preparing new boss in future version.

15. Passion

Jul 12, 2016
    We will submit the new version which includes Halloween skin and some improvements today.

16. ReluctantFr0g

ReluctantFr0g Member

May 21, 2013
    Two more? Thanks!! I'll keep plugging away!

17. ReluctantFr0g

ReluctantFr0g Member

May 21, 2013
    #37 ReluctantFr0g, Oct 25, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2016
    Shoot the Dragons Buddies guide v0.1

Name: Swift
    Power: Heart shots that drop below your normal shots.
    A Power: None
    Rating: Weak
    Recommended uses: None

Name: Lantern Fish
    Power: Laser beam (you control up or down so you have to aim)
    Rating: Weak
    Recommended uses: Great for clearing normal groups of enemies

Name: Ice Bear
    Power: Throws a bottle (slow) and/or roars for a free hit
    A Power: Roar
    Rating: Decent
    Recommended uses: Has 3 HP, so is awesome in tight situations where you need to survive an onslaught of projectiles

Name: Simon
    Power: Slingshots 3 muds
    Recommended uses: His projectiles are slow and can be tricky to aim but do a good amount of actual damage. Good for bosses that don't move quickly (Bird, Cat, Slime dude)

Name: Pipi
    Power: Throws punches... literally
    A Power: Ghost image upper cut
    Rating: Good
    Recommended uses: Love this guy, upgrading to two uppercuts really brings out this buddy's shine. Long range, fast hits and rush in close to finish them off.

Name: Ninja Mouse
    Power: None
    A Power: Hits and steals a gold
    Rating: Weak/Useless
    Recommended uses: None, unless it is to get coins, but you need to fully upgrade him to make it even worth the trouble.

Name: Thanatos
    Power: Throws a boomerang scythe
    A Power: Scythe spins and cuts like a saw
    Rating: Strong
    Recommended uses: Everything, although if you miss with the scythe, it take a second or two for it to come back. Use him for pretty much everything, no one else compares. Upgrade him ASAP.

Name: Troopa
    Power: Bounces in shell around screen
    Recommended uses: If you can time touching him, he can attack consistently and repeatedly for good damage. But, it means taking your eyes off the projectiles and make it harder to focus on dodging.

Name: Toad Knight
    A Power: Throws a spear
    Rating: Unsure/weak
    Recommended uses: Spear seems to do very little damage at all, and is super slow and hard to hit. I don't use him very often (or at all) because of this.

Name: Red Tail
    A Power: Fireball turns into lightning bolt that shoot straight forward
    Recommended uses: Same as the buddy above, Toad Knight... slow to fire, does very little damage. I don't use him.

Name: Hovawart
    Power: Spatula thrower
    A Power: Throws a bigger spatula??
    Recommended uses: I thought this guy would be awesome... again, VERY little damage and sometimes you miss completely negating his power at all.

Who to choose?

This is a game where surviving is key, so that means not taking hits. I choose Pipi for his uppercuts and extra HP, Thanatos for his awesome scythe spin damage and extra HP, and Troopa because of his homing attack, so when you can't hit a boss or bad guy due to projectiles on screen, he can.

No one else seems to be very good at all. The Bear is decent but only for his tons of HP when the going gets tough. I don't get many of the buddies or what they do that is helpful, I am sad to say. :(

18. L.Lawliet

Jun 28, 2011
    #38 L.Lawliet, Oct 25, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2016
    Actually having sampled most of them, the best pet for me is probably Simon. I play A LOT and I can you that Simon is a consistent damage dealer and hits enemies quite often. His attack is better than most pets because it splits to a wide arc meaning you can hit moving targets and mobs with ease. Since it arcs high up and drops with good speed, the standard enemy pattern often can't dodge them. The attacks that are horizontal aren't as good only because enemies tend to quickly move up or down. He dishes out damage really quickly if you position correctly to hit bosses and I've beat many of my times using Simon (which I couldn't even do with some top tier pets). Simon also shoots a lot so he'll get more damage in than the strong hitters who only shoot every now and then.

Toad Knight is the coolest looking pet imo and turned out to be the worst pet. In fact, I'd rather use the starter pets over him. He needs a buff. I thought he would constantly attack but you have to aim him and then he shoots really slow for moderate damage. He gets more useless as you get further in the game unfortunately :(

19. ReluctantFr0g

ReluctantFr0g Member

May 21, 2013
    That is great info, I will try Simon again. Yeah love his damage, maybe I suck aiming, but if I stay higher I should be able to hit more. I'll max him out ASAP. Agree on Toad Knight, he needs a constant fire and then a "super shot" A power.

20. L.Lawliet

Jun 28, 2011
    Oh no worries! I think your write up is great and ultimately we will all have our own preferences which cater to how we play :) If another pet is to your liking I'd stick with that!

universally speaking, Simon just has a great hit box for enemies, as most of them can get hit as long as they are in the area and dodging his attack is similar to dodging rain! Checked his damage on bosses and he seems to have a very high damage output, he killed most bosses faster than the transforming pets because his rate of fire is very high. I recommend maxing him. His third skill is also amazing. Last about him is you can move in to position, fire and move away. Most pets require you to stay in a certain position to keep attacking. Because he lobs it in the air you don't have to stay still :) sorry for the long write up. I just love that pet so much lol.

========

@dev: thanks for the great update. I love that you fixed the app name so quickly! Looks way better now. And I actually prefer this icon over the original :p