iPad Shift (2.99)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by pablo19, Jan 19, 2009.

1. pablo19

pablo19 Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2008
  2. pablo19

Oct 26, 2008
    try this [app]shift[/app] I'm using the [ app ] [ / app] thing thats probably the problem.

Shift website is www.iphoneshift.com but it doesn't really tell you anything new.

3. pante

pante Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2009
    somewhere
    can you tell something more bout ivory tiles?

4. Tennisking1o1

Tennisking1o1 Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2008
    The link still isn't working... It just takes me to a search result with games like chocolate shop frenzy.

And TouchArcade reviewed Ivory Tiles a while back and said it was a hidden gem, so I bought it. You have Ivory Tiles (of course) and you have to tilt the iPhone to get them into certain squares on the board. You have to use wood block that are stuck to the ground, as long as other obstacles, in order to guide the tiles into the squares. It's a great, great puzzle game, and I think it's a steal at $2. I would highly recommend it

5. Broward

Broward Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2008
    Jax, Florida
    I'm about to grab this, Ivory Tiles was awesome. It is just a block sliding puzzle game, but it is really fun. Just check it out, I think it is only $1.99 now.

6. pante

pante Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2009
    somewhere
    i have the same problem.

thanks a lot, i will definitely check it out :)

7. No Hero

No Hero Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2008
    thought this was the flash game shift... which would be awesome to play on the go:D

8. pablo19

Oct 26, 2008
    I don't have ivory tiles, does it also have touch controls or adjust tilt position? I think shift has it but I'm not sure.

@tennisking101

-Appshopper doesnt have it either, check appsniper if you have it. It's in the US store.

9. MaskU2See

MaskU2See Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2008
    Philly, USA
  10. Tennisking1o1

Nov 15, 2008
    Ivory tiles has both tilt and touch controls, I don't think it has a tilt calibration though... not sure though

11. pante

pante Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2009
    somewhere
    please someone buy it and give it a review - images are not very promising. i have to put on hold with this one.

12. MaskU2See

Oct 21, 2008
    Philly, USA
    Just grabbed it, cause i love Ivory Tiles

Game is like ivory tiles with different music,graphics and new puzzles.

Same puzzle types but now have what looks like an ice cube instead of the ivory tiles.

13. pablo19

Oct 26, 2008
    so if you don't have ivory tiles, get it rather than spending one more buck on the new version?

14. HJJ

HJJ Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2008
    #14 HJJ, Jan 19, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2009
    I just bought it and played the first handful of boards. They are pretty much identical to Ivory Tiles. Maybe there are differences later on in the gameplay but on such brief inspection I can't be sure.

The graphics and music are really nice for those wondering about the screenshots. To me, if you have neither, just pick whichever one LOOKS the best to your tastes. I don't see a real reason to have both unless you are a crazy "collector" like me. Of course the later levels might be different but I don't have the time to play now. Plus I like to save my games for my commutes.

Edit. Oops I just realized I was likely playing through introductory boards so they would of course be the same. At any rate most of what I wrote stands. I'm sure there are enough differences to warrant a sequel but if you are on a budget, one should suffice.

15. Tennisking1o1

Nov 15, 2008
  16. pablo19

Oct 26, 2008
    yeah just checked appshopper and its there now 2.

17. Donburns99

Donburns99 Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2008
    ColdFusion Web Developer
    Rhode Island
    Well the description says the sequel has 70 all-new levels, so besides the introductory levels the two games should have different levels. Which should make picking up both games worth it if you like this type of puzzler.

18. MaskU2See

Oct 21, 2008
    Philly, USA

Yes, i like Ivory Tiles graphics more and same with Ivory Tiles music.

i would first finish Ivory Tiles, then pick up Shift

19. HJJ

HJJ Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2008
    Totally agree. More levels are ALWAYS welcome. And as I mentioned, the graphics are very nice.

Sorry for my earlier blunder. I was in a rush and should have taken more time to check out the other levels. Obviously they would not have been exactly the same as Ivory Tiles :eek: !!!