Universal Shieldwall Chronicles - Premium Tactical RPG

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by WaveLightGames, Dec 28, 2018.

1. WaveLightGames

WaveLightGames Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Nov 21, 2014
    IT / Finance Manager
    Toronto, Canada
    Hi everyone,

I'd like to give you some information about our next game. It's entitled Shieldwall Chronicles and launched in December of this year on Steam. It's a premium, turn-based RPG that builds on the same core game mechanics of our earlier games but adds many new elements and uses a gamebook element to tell the story and provide players choices through the campaign.

Here is the video trailer and some screenshots:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

The game is a full blown tactical RPG where you choose from 15 classes (each with a male / female variant) and play through a lengthy campaign that features around 45 battles in total. There are lots of choices throughout the story so you would have to play it multiple times to see every possibility. You can choose to ally yourself to one of four different factions in the game during the campaign and doing so impacts future battles and story events.

Critical reception on the Steam version that launched earlier this month has been really good with an overall Positive review rating and lots of great and positive feedback. The game requires a device with 2GB of RAM or higher. I'd recommend an iPad Air 2 or later for iPad and an iPhone 7 and later for iPhone. An iPhone 6S may work but I haven't tested it.

The setting is the same as that found in the Demon's Rise games. However, we've worked on making it appear more realistic and low fantasy. The game world is kind of like a fantasy version of early medieval Europe with humans being a mix of Vikings / Normans with some factions that have later period arms and armour. Elves and Dwarves and other creatures are present as well.

The game launches on January 31st and has already been approved by the app store. We're just using the time to fine tune the AI and will conduct a short beta open to customers of Demon's Rise or Strike Team Hydra. If you'd like to join the beta, please hop onto this discord and let me know:

https://discord.gg/3rT8Cua

Son of Anarchy likes this.
  2. HelperMonkey

HelperMonkey Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2009
    Iowa
    Looks good!

Hope it does well for you.

3. WaveLightGames

Patreon Bronze

Nov 21, 2014
    IT / Finance Manager
    Toronto, Canada
    Thanks.

The beta is going quite well. We're going to push back the release date to Feb 20th (approximately) to fine tune a few things and improve some stuff. Plan to improve the background music and a few other areas before launch.

4. Luci0

Luci0 Well-Known Member

May 9, 2016
    Any chance of joining the beta? I’d love to help test.

5. WaveLightGames

Patreon Bronze

Nov 21, 2014
    IT / Finance Manager
    Toronto, Canada
    Sure. Hop into the discord and I'll add you.

6. WaveLightGames

Patreon Bronze

Nov 21, 2014
    IT / Finance Manager
    Toronto, Canada
  7. agreen437

agreen437 Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2014
    Isn’t the preorder 6.99? It says 9.99 now

8. agreen437

agreen437 Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2014
    I don’t mind paying the 9.99 though

9. WaveLightGames

Patreon Bronze

Nov 21, 2014
    IT / Finance Manager
    Toronto, Canada
    Yep, I appear to have done something wrong with the pre-order setup. The regular price is 9.99 but there is a 30% launch discount scheduled for the first week. For some reason, the launch discount isn't showing up on the pre-order price. However, from my review of Apple's documentation on this, the buyer will be charged the lower of the pre-order price or the launch price when it launches. Just in case, though, it's probably safer to wait for launch. :)

stubbieoz likes this.
  10. WaveLightGames

Patreon Bronze

Nov 21, 2014
    IT / Finance Manager
    Toronto, Canada
    Just a reminder that the game launches this Friday (Feb 22nd)!

Here are some more random pics:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]