Universal Shieldwall Chronicles (By Wave Light Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by WaveLightGames, Feb 22, 2019.

1. Roger the Alien

Roger the Alien Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2017
    Germany
  2. ioso

ioso Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2017
    Male
    Same for me

sakara214ever likes this.
  3. WaveLightGames

WaveLightGames Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Nov 21, 2014
    IT / Finance Manager
    Toronto, Canada
    That does appear to be due to graphics settings. I didn’t realize maxing out everything will cause a crash on the iPhone X. I think you can fix it by deleting the game and downloading it again. However, before you open it, turn on airplane mode so it cannot load your iCloud graphics settings. If that works, then open options and lower settings. Then enable wifi and hopefully it will send those settings to iCloud.

Since it seems possible to corrupt the game in this way, I will probably have to disable the extra graphics options and force normal settings on the X. Sorry for the inconvenience.

4. sakara214ever

sakara214ever Well-Known Member

May 10, 2012
    Thank you i did what you said and i am playing it again. By the way excellent work with iCloud. It is seemless but it WORKS. Something that many many developers should learn as we are living in 2019.

5. WaveLightGames

Patreon Bronze

Nov 21, 2014
    IT / Finance Manager
    Toronto, Canada
    Awesome .. glad it worked.

I made the necessary fixes and also made a change to improve stability on 2GB RAM devices. I am doing the build now and will submit it to Apple first thing tomorrow morning.

6. Son of Anarchy

Son of Anarchy Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2015
    Male
    Shadow Runner
    Australia
    #26 Son of Anarchy, Feb 24, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2019
    Love the game, each new Wave Light game becomes an immediate favourite of mine for life.

I did enjoy James’s review although I do wish Shaun had the pleasure, only because this is his territory & I always like to hear his thoughts. One review with his name on it is worth a thousand 5 star reviews from people I don’t know the history of. Plus I just like reading anything he writes...

Quick question, my party is Level 8 and I’m up to campaign mission 20 but I’m not earning any experience whatsoever the last 5 missions. Doesn’t matter if I’m replaying or progressing in the campaign. Is experience capped till I reach a higher mission?

Congratulations on the iOS release, many fortunes & successes I hope come your way.

Edit: Just did mission 21 and earned experience again so I think that answers my question.

7. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    After Mission 3, I swapped out the Mages for a Dwarf and Shadowelf, they don't cut it enough for my taste early on.
    On the fun side, a boosted Huscarle one-shotted the Bandit Chieftain in the first boss stage :)

8. Roger the Alien

Oct 19, 2017
    Germany
    I can‘t wait for the centaur.
    I like that one more ranged class will be added.
    Source: A picture was posted from the dev on discord.

9. WaveLightGames

Patreon Bronze

Nov 21, 2014
    IT / Finance Manager
    Toronto, Canada
    Yes, there's a bug where sometimes xp isnt displayed on the reward screen at around that level. Not sure what causes it but I believe xp is still being awarded... just not being shown.

10. WaveLightGames

Patreon Bronze

Nov 21, 2014
    IT / Finance Manager
    Toronto, Canada
    The mage classes are mainly support. You will need a frontline in this game as archers and mages are really vulnerable in melee. Their buffs, summon spells and area damage are really powerful though once they level up a bit.

11. WaveLightGames

Patreon Bronze

Nov 21, 2014
    IT / Finance Manager
    Toronto, Canada
    Yes, the Centaur should arrive soon. Probably within a week as I still need time to test it and finish up several aspects of its design. Here's a preview for those who haven't seen it yet:

[​IMG]

The character will be a very fast fighter / archer hybrid. The male will be more melee-focused while the female will be more archery-focused. Each will have slightly different abilities around these respective designs.

12. Leptomeninges

Leptomeninges Member

Sep 2, 2018
    Male
    #32 Leptomeninges, Feb 24, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2019
    Playing on hard/simple.

Very enjoyable so far. Agree that mage classes don’t seem worth bringing at my progression stage. It’s not so much that they’re support in a game where most classes carry at least a couple buffs. It’s more how fragile they are, and how easy it is for enemy mobs to charge in and facesmash. (Edit: perhaps I’m not yet good enough about using tanks to limit enemy movement? Considering that in many missions there are multiple fronts it seems difficult to keep casters far enough back to avoid chargers, but close enough to be useful)

Currently I feel like the mvp of my team is the assassin. Which classes are others enjoying?

13. WaveLightGames

Patreon Bronze

Nov 21, 2014
    IT / Finance Manager
    Toronto, Canada
    My overall favourite is probably the Silver Elf swordmaster. Since his sweeping blade has no cooldown, he can use aggressive stance (no ap cost) charge into the enemy ranks, sweep all around him, kill the weakened enemies and then with the AP from the bloodlust kills use a fresh ability to keep the kill streak going.

I had a really cinematic combo happen today while playing. I was being surrounded by goblins in a later level. On one flank, I has only a dwarf and celestial mage. I had the celestial mage cast the comet strike spell into a group of 9 goblins which knocked most to half or less life. Then the dwarf used aggressive stance and his melee buff spell. He charged in and killed 3 goblins (one shot each kill) and then cast storm rune to kill 2 more since he refilled his AP pool with the kills (from bloodlust). Finally, he had enough AP left to perform a guard and so killed several more goblins in their turn with counter attacks. It was just really satisfying seeing the two classes working together to carve through all those goblins. Very heroic.

andsoitgoes and Son of Anarchy like this.
  14. WaveLightGames

Patreon Bronze

Nov 21, 2014
    IT / Finance Manager
    Toronto, Canada
    Another really good combo is the ice mage and Ulfhednar. The Ulfhednar adopts wolf form while the ice mage casts frozen blades on him. He will then be able to do a lot of damage per attack and just carve through the enemy ranks.

You can go really crazy with this combo by having the ice mage summon an ice golem a turn or two before. Then have the ice mage and ice golem both cast frozen blades on the Ulfhednar and you end up with a fast, tough fighter that can kill most bosses with a single blow. :)

andsoitgoes likes this.
  15. Roger the Alien

Oct 19, 2017
    Germany
    My party consists of a templar, assassin, bard, shadow elf, warlock and winter mage.

I currently finished 15 missions and didn‘t test any other classes.

I agree, my mvp is the assassin and she is also a lot of fun to use.

I bought an epic shield for the templar which grants a lot max. damage as well as a lot armor and counter attacks.
    He just needs to rush in front of enemies and he will kill them on their turn but he is so slow...

The warlock is currently my most „useless“ class.

16. WaveLightGames

Patreon Bronze

Nov 21, 2014
    IT / Finance Manager
    Toronto, Canada
    There's a belt available in the store that grants its wearer the teleport ability. Might be helpful to get slower fighters like the templar into the thick or it.

andsoitgoes and Roger the Alien like this.
  17. Roger the Alien

Oct 19, 2017
    Germany
    Thank you for the advice, this sounds great.

18. Roger the Alien

Oct 19, 2017
    Germany
    After being able to summon a demonic portal with the warlock I have to admit that he isn‘t that useless.

19. cragganmore

cragganmore Member
    Patreon Bronze

Aug 30, 2012
    I’m experiencing a bug where I launch the game, the loading screen appears, and at 3% loading progress the game crashes to the SpringBoard. I noticed a similar issue in an App Store review, so I thought I’d mention it here.

I’m trying to run it on an iPad Air 1 (iOS 12.1.4), so maybe that’s the problem? Are 1GB devices supported?

20. WaveLightGames

Patreon Bronze

Nov 21, 2014
    IT / Finance Manager
    Toronto, Canada
    I'm sorry but they aren't. I would suggest requesting a refund from apple (since they control the process). If you need help on the steps to do so, let me know.

I tried to specify this on the app store, but the app store reviewer said I had to remove it. Not sure if that's an actual app store policy or I just a got a strange app store reviewer. I'll try again with the next update.