Universal Shibuya Grandmaster (by Nevercenter Ltd. Co.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by killercow, Jul 29, 2015.

1. esty8nine

esty8nine Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2013
    Wow this game is addicting prob put like 3 hours in it already, dev how long did you have to play to get that good

2. mchlmc

mchlmc Member

Oct 31, 2012
    I loved the original Shibuya and was delighted when I discovered Shibuya Grandmaster today. The gameplay, like that of the original, is perfectly balanced and the entire app is slick and polished.

Although Shibuya Grandmaster is free, you can support the dev for sticking by their great game and bringing it up to date by buying some of the lovely backgrounds which are available as IAPs. I didn't think twice about buying the full pack.

So, in summary, Shibuya is a masterpiece that deserves some serious attention. Give it a try!

3. jplewe

jplewe Member

Jul 30, 2015
    I've been playing it for five years, almost daily. Way more than anyone should, really. But I do keep getting better!

Thanks again for the kind words everyone. Please consider leaving a star rating or review on the app stores if you haven't already, as that's our lifeblood.

4. Anotherkellydown

Anotherkellydown Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Bronze

[​IMG]

[thread=267422][​IMG][/thread] [thread=267395][​IMG][/thread] [thread=267549][​IMG][/thread] [thread=267325][​IMG][/thread] [thread=267172][​IMG][/thread] [thread=267340][​IMG][/thread] [thread=267338][​IMG][/thread] [thread=267339][​IMG][/thread] [thread=267343][​IMG][/thread] [thread=267242][​IMG][/thread]

Shibuya Grandmaster

[​IMG]

is one of the nominees for

Touch Arcade Forums' Game Of The Week

July 30th, 2015

VOTE HERE

***PLEASE NOTE***

1) Developers, publishing partners, or affiliates cannot vote for their own games. If your game is in the poll, you can't vote for it. You are free to ask TA forum posters in your game release thread to vote for your game... but please don't post multiple messages about it.
    2) This voting is for TA members with some activity. If you have to ask someone to create a new account to vote, you're doing it wrong.
    3) Suspect votes may be void.

Credit to AndyC83 for GotW logo

5. ShinHadoukin

ShinHadoukin Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2015
    It really is a great game but it is so hard to show people that. I have to be honest I first saw the game when TA showed it coming out. Honestly, I put it on my watch list but probably would never have downloaded (which I hate to say) without the review here. It's so hard to get why the the game is awesome with images.

This is totally worth 4.99 but I really only like the animated backgrounds. Well, that would be $3. I don't want to sound cheap cause I'll pay the $5 in a second. The draw is having all future DLC, well, is there gonna be something? I know you need to make money & I hope you do. Anyway, this is awesome!!! Everybody download it & buy something!!!!

6. Pedroapan

Pedroapan Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2010
    Voted for this as gotw. Very nice, been playing several hours now and draining my battery.

I'm stuck at 10 x 4x combo thought. All I managed to get was 7 at most. The other tasks were not remotely as hard. 5 x 4x seems more in line with the difficulty of the others. According to the leaderboards only about 100 people manage to get 10 or more 4x:s. Any tips on how to get it? I usually lay on normal or adept. I got 7 on normal.

Pedroapan

7. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    The game is brutally hard but in an addictive and good way. I had never played it before seeing the game released on here. The game itself is really well made and designed. I definitely recommend it.

Billy

8. jplewe

jplewe Member

Jul 30, 2015
    Thanks guys, really appreciate all the feedback, and those of you who voted in that poll -- it's really awesome to see Shibuya so well-represented!

10 4x combos is by far the most common sticking point, which probably means a design failure on my part, but it also kind of serves as a rallying point for players talking about the game which is cool. My main advice would be to get used to a faster speed, and to avoid matching more than two of the same color together at once.

9. ShinHadoukin

ShinHadoukin Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2015
    #29 ShinHadoukin, Aug 7, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2015
    Devs: how about a setting to randomly use backgrounds you choose from. Make it so you can select your favorites & the game rotates them over time.

Thanks!! Love the game!!! I suck, haha but I love it :)

10. KrakenGS

KrakenGS New Member

Jun 24, 2015
    Awesome game!

11. Andy C83

Andy C83 Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2010
    Over the Rainbow
    New best score 5,300 although gutted that it didn't give me 3 stars on Fury. Must be 5,500...

12. lena

lena Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2011
    Wow, if you can be seventh at the global leaderboards and still don't have 3 stars, I guess you can say that this is a really difficult game indeed.

I'm still stuck at the 10x4 combo mission. I'm playing on Adept but the step to Fury seems impossible. I try it from time to time but I still haven't even finished a game in it. I think 10x4 should be possible in Adept, but it seems you cannot make a single mistake then.

I like the random background suggestion.

13. Andy C83

Andy C83 Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2010
    Over the Rainbow
    Hey Lena. :)

I made a video of getting 10 4x combo for you and anyone else who might need help with this mission. It seems more difficult to get it on Adept because of how slow the blocks come down compared to Fury.

14. jplewe

jplewe Member

Jul 30, 2015
    Yeah, we've definitely got some ideas for a rotating background system. (Lumines is obviously a huge influence.) I'm curious which BGs are your favorites? Sales-wise the rainy one is in the lead, but most people buy the Everything Forever so we don't know anything for certain. You can check them all out, without having to buy, in the Customize menu.

15. esty8nine

esty8nine Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2013
    Rain or space one, love to hear what else you guys have in mind for this game if anything. But love lumines and love this game !

16. LBC03

LBC03 Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2014
    Teacher
    Thanks! I'm stuck there too. But um yeah....my brain didn't even think that fast to see the combos when I was watching the video, let alone if I was playing! :eek:

17. Guise

Guise Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2009
    I lean toward the plainest/most basic backgrounds to keep from getting distracted--the starry night sky is my preferred one. Please note that not having a distracting background doesn't keep me from being pretty bad at the game.

18. lena

lena Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2011
    Thanks Andy! It's always a joy to watch you play. I still have no idea how you do it :) I am going to try again now. And then I'll probably get stuck on the next mission set because no doubt there will be a "finish a game on Fury" mission that I don't think I can do. I do remember when Adept seemed really hard, and that's fine now, but Fury still seems like it requires superpowers. But, one thing at a time :)

This, exactly. I use the blue starry night (the third background). Going to try the one Andy uses in the video now. Maybe it was the background and not my skills :)

19. LadySugar

LadySugar New Member

Aug 10, 2015
    I'm trying this for an hour. It's quite funny:)

20. Pedroapan

Pedroapan Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2010
    Aaaargh!! I got 9 x 4x twice now!! Fury is still to fast for me, but i start to get comfortable on Adept. I think 10 x 4x actually could be doable for me...

Just... One... More... Time...

Love these skill based, really hard games!

Pedroapan