iPad Shelter

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by TouchArcade Bot, May 31, 2013.

1. TheEvilRobot

TheEvilRobot Well-Known Member

Apr 4, 2013
    Is it true that this app for removed?

2. bobehm

bobehm Active Member

Dec 6, 2012
    Looks like its back.

3. currymutton

currymutton Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2008
    Concerned: does it play serviceable on 2x mode?

4. ojtitus

ojtitus Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2010
    Male
    Canton, Ohio
  5. ojtitus

Jul 7, 2010
    Male
    Canton, Ohio
    Yeah, it plays fine 2x on my mini but the text is pixelated, there is pinch to zoom so everything can be seen fine with a little work.

6. oooooomonkey

oooooomonkey Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    Got this reply from the dev's. :)

7. Fallen_Grace

Fallen_Grace Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2012
    So this would be a separate HD version?

8. currymutton

currymutton Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2008
    Statement: do-not-like, but understandable.

9. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    I'm a good few missions in, just learning about burrowers, but now several cards are showing up all black (like the graphic failed to load). Rebooting and starting a new time hasn't helped. It's not even the same cards or any predictable point, but it seems invariably, once in the game a bit, either some zombies or my equipment cards will have a few random all black cards. Even when missing their graphic they play fine on my iPhone 5, but it isn't really fun having to constantly guess what a card must be by what I just paid in AP and where it is instructing me to target it (oh, since it is targeting the barricades it must be wooden planks).

10. Greyskull

Greyskull Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Photographer/Social Sciences adjunct/sweet sweet l
    Fort Lauderdale
    I caved. I bought it. PLEASE convert the current app to universal as opposed to maling a seperate ipad version. I'm enjoying it as mjch as I can on a 3.5 inch screen. The game is extremely polished and professionally constructed, the mechanics are interesting...but it was MEANT to be an iPad game and should have been, if anything, iPad only not iPhone only. Also, you'll find iPad users are, generally speaking, more into these types of games than iPhone users, even if the install base is smaller.

11. Fallen_Grace

Fallen_Grace Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2012
    I agree,I've been holding out for this game for quite some time,waiting for either an HD or Universal version...and it's sad cause it's obvious the game is good!

12. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Sad there's still isnt an ipad-native version.

13. Endscrypt

Endscrypt Well-Known Member

May 8, 2012
    Totally agree, I didn't bother to look but didn't the Dev claim that was something he was working or would be working on! I take it that dream went pop! like so many other.

14. Pocketnova

Pocketnova Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2012
    Now free. I'll bite.

15. Mj1ggy

Mj1ggy Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2012
    Thank you for the sale, this game is fantastic and unfortunately I probably would not have found it otherwise. After you get used to the game the size of the board becomes little more than a minor annoyance, mostly just when you fast forward through the zombie turn and they get upgraded, since the mods are hard to see without zooming. For those on the fence, it's sort of like Magic the Gathering in terms of strategy where your goal is to be efficient with your hand. Instead of an intelligent opponent, though, you square off against a mindless horse that keeps coming and coming. Frankly I wouldn't tweak anything major though it has been a little easy through the first couple of chapters. Highly recommend a purchase for anyone remotely interested.

16. Endscrypt

Endscrypt Well-Known Member

May 8, 2012
    And it's now Universal! Thnx

17. ojtitus

Jul 7, 2010
    Male
    Canton, Ohio
    That's really awesome, I bought this version just to keep me busy until the ipad version came out. I don't remember hearing that it was going to be a universal update, it's a nice surprise.

18. kleerkoat

kleerkoat Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    seriously guys, out of all the card games that are iPad only I like that it plays on an iPhone.

To me, why would I play on an iPad when I have a PS4. Hell, I don't even like to play landscape games cause again, O have a PS4 and a Vita.

I only really buy portrait games now, tbh

I was jumping for joy when I just saw Magic can be played on iPhone now.

So, thank you devs