Universal Shellrazer - (by Slick Entertainment Inc)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Jul 25, 2012.

1. Eoghann

Eoghann Well-Known Member

May 29, 2012
    IT Guy/Graphic Designer/Gamer
    New York
    Your words to the devs' ears (or eyes in this case), brother. xD

2. bambambam

bambambam Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2010
    I absolutely love the fact that Eddy turned out to be useful! I had given up on him being not very useful but I like the fact that this game has so much versatility on what towers you can use... Different players can discover different strategies. I look forward to trying him out when there's an Endless mode.

I want to see if he's better than my ice, cannon, shredder build which I've had the most success with. I breezed through hard as shell mode using that setup.

3. Jazzpha

Jazzpha Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2012
    Is anyone else experiencing crashes immediately upon startup after installing the update? I'm running the game on a 3GS, and even a reboot doesn't help. The little white loading symbol appears in the corner, but it doesn't start to spin. It just sits there for a few seconds, the screen goes black and then the app crashes. I'm running iOS 4.x, if that makes a difference.

Thanks!

4. TinkyWinky

TinkyWinky Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2012
    BBC Studio
    I have the same problem.

5. SumoSplash

SumoSplash Well-Known Member

Sep 27, 2011
    Playing iOS games, duh.
    Pennsylvania, U.S.
    Just wanted to tell the entire forum that I absolutely LOVE this game.

Thank you, Drive Thru :D

6. Shellrazer

Hey guys, I need some help. I doubt anyone will answer, but im stuck on a certain level. Its called Trenchfoot Divide, and I cant get more than halfway through it. What is a good loadout for this level in particular? I normally have the bladeshooter on top, Gunner Garrison in the middle, and Klanh the Blacksmith on bottom.

7. bambambam

Sep 29, 2010
    Still enjoying this game but REALLY want a way to save builds.... Please make that a reality. I want to switch between my ice/mortar/blade build to my horn/armorer/heavy gun build to horn/ice/cannon builds, etc etc etc quickly. It's a pain having to re-equip the items for each weapon... I have 4 main builds I enjoy playing but I like to fiddle around with each as well...

2 rows of icons. 1 for equipment and 1 for items would be good too...

8. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Hey guys! I totally forgot to mention but I met the developer of this game at Penny Arcade Expo in Seattle! Got his autograph too :) He was super fun and was nice to talk to.

He said he's working on updates currently. His main focus seemed to be new weapons but I'm sure there will be levels with that too!

9. Kotovsky

Kotovsky Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2012
    Great game, but im really miss autofire feature. Also therenis just one music track for all game, so it's reaaly cool music but still just one track every time.

10. l_23mer

l_23mer Member

May 27, 2012
    Sweet 25 more levels and new weapons this game was worth every cent and some. I Love It

11. Eoghann

May 29, 2012
    New York
    #151 Eoghann, Nov 8, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2012
    Nice! Updating! :)

Edit: When I finish a level and it awards me a "three bullet" rating, on the level select menu it says I only have a 2 bullet rating?

Strange. Is the dev in the forums?

12. K-Dog

K-Dog Well-Known Member

Apr 29, 2011
    Update is great, just makes me want even more!!!

Am rocking the Dragon on top, then Ice Cube in middle and Heavy Gunner at bottom.

Addicted!

13. bambambam

Sep 29, 2010
    Nice update. But is it just me or was it a little too easy? I played it on the hardest difficulty.

Oh, and is there a way to unlock the egg at the end? there's still chains around it...

14. makitango

makitango Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2011
    Really nice and charming game, picked it up while it was free (I would have paid for it, too, and not just a dollar). I think I found a tower setup that is quite imbalanced, I was able to faceroll through all the levels once I unlocked the key weapon; the machine gun. I use the horn/drums tower and the tower that improves another one (in this case the machine gun, which is loaded with air/buildings/mines/vehicles merged-bullets) and the machine gun just eats everything before it even comes close to do max damage.

However, there's one thing I'd love even more within the game: a survival mode/level. So let's just enter the leaderboards! :D

15. rpgmind

rpgmind Well-Known Member

Jun 9, 2010
    Lol almost 4 months late but it's free if you didn't make up your mind yet! I have both, and I'm having a blast with this one at the moment. Fun gameplay, and plenty of weapons to upgrade and try out.

16. Eoghann

May 29, 2012
    New York
    Well this didn't take long:

[​IMG]

Out of all the fantasy characters ever...they HAD to pick goblins. I mean really...

17. SumoSplash

Sep 27, 2011
    Playing iOS games, duh.
    Pennsylvania, U.S.
    Wow, this thread has stayed pretty small considering what a quality title this game is. Easily one of my favorites.

I think I only have two critiques of it so far, the first being that it is probably WAY easier to play on the iPad. I can fit two fingers side by side on my phone to shoot two weapons at once, but I bet you can use three fingers at once with the extra screen space the iPad offers. The second is that it would be nice if the sound was tweaked. I find that the music volume drowns out the sound effects if I keep them at the same setting, so I turn the music down below half and keep the sound effects all the way up to achieve a balance. Either way, the sound in general is low.

A survival mode would be nice of course, but this is one of those games where I can replay random levels and still be entertained. Hence the reason it hasn't left my device yet.

Highly recommended.

18. KennyK

KennyK Well-Known Member

I'm a bit late, and only picked it up cos of the sale. But am loving it so far! :D

19. SumoSplash

Sep 27, 2011
    Playing iOS games, duh.
    Pennsylvania, U.S.
    iPad Retina support, por favor?

New world, por favor?

:D

20. Yeah, that would be cool.