Universal Shellrazer - (by Slick Entertainment Inc)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Jul 25, 2012.

1. NickWaanders

NickWaanders Member

Mar 11, 2011
    Only if you think shooting goblins with a giant war turtle is fun! :)

Cheers,
    Nick Waanders - Slick Entertainment Inc.

2. shero89

shero89 Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2012
    Yes you should the game is really good ignore the IAP's you can get everything in the game with a bit of grinding but unfortunately when you finish the game nothing left to do waiting for an endless mode should be fun :)

3. Ok, was looking at youtube videos, and I loved the way the giant war turtle rubs the finish pole! At first, the gameplay shooting controls didn't seem for me, since I love shmups, but reading through this thread has changed my mind, since so many gamers here have given high marks to the game.

Also, it seems like the developer supports the game, so that is cool, so I know there will be updates in the future.

Going to go download, will post my thoughts later... Go giant war turtle go!

4. Markku

Markku Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2011
    Ok I want to buy this game but is it to easy? I hate really easy games.

5. shero89

Jun 28, 2012
    There are three difficulties in the game no problem, pretty tricky and hard as shell I finished the game on pretty tricky and started a new one on hard as shell but haven't finished yet but I wouldn't call the game really easy

6. Markku

Markku Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2011
    Any idea when the sale ends?

7. shero89

Jun 28, 2012
    Wanna buy it at full price ? :p

8. Khamous

Khamous Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2009
    I did the end game in pretty tricky with 1 weapon only. Heavy Weapon + Horn guy + Ammo guy. Supports with extra armor and passive healing and Heavy weapon with extra damage to buildings and extra dmg to ground/air. Only got close to losing when I got reckless and rushed the level. Might want to try it out.

9. Yeah, this game is really fun. When I saw youtube videos, it didn't quite catch my eye, but after hearing all the good comments in the games and recommendations like yours, I decided to buy the game.

And it is fun! I definitely recommend this one!

It's alot more interesting than the videos show cause you have multiple guns, items, and two different control methods.

Plays really good on my new ipad and I like how this game has a small disk size which is great cause it can stay on my new ipad forever.

Good game, highly recommend this!

10. I've been playing the game on hard since I usually play games that way to get longer gameplay, and on hard, it isn't easy. This game probably could use an insane dificulty setting, which I do hope gets added later. But I don't think this is a game that can be considered too easy. Hard difficulty seems about right for me now.

11. swampthing

swampthing Well-Known Member

Mar 18, 2010
    Enjoying this game, even if the scenarios are a bit similar. A few boss fights would have been fun. (50% through and haven't seen any).

12. Markku

Markku Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2011
    should i start it on harder difficulty cuz the default is to easy?

13. Fireball926

Fireball926 Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2010
    none
    Somewhere
    All my progress got magically erased... :( must be a bug. Oh well deleted

Edit: nevermind didn't waut for gamecenter to load :p lol

14. C.Hannum

C.Hannum Well-Known Member

Feb 13, 2011
    New York State
    It is an odd choice of GC implementation. It does store your progress locally, so you can play even when offline, but you cannot even see your save games until GC loads one way or the other.

15. ShadowOfADoubt

Oct 5, 2009
    Does anyone know what the little trapezoid shapes on the left corner of items means? I had thought that they corresponded to item level, but if so I have a level 1 item and a lvl 3 item that both do the same thing (they deal extra 10% damage to flying and ground units)

16. justln

justln Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2011
    Singapore
    The arrows correspond to the level of the item. Your level 1 and level 3 items should have different names. They just look the same.

17. Khamous

Khamous Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2009
    I believe that one must be a typo, as that *is* an upgrade system. I just checked myself and I have that same item too, but I think it is intended to be 5%, 7% and 10% for lv 1, 2 and 3 respectively, as it happens with the other mixed upgrades.

18. ArtNJ

ArtNJ Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    New Jersey

I'm having to redo some levels on the medium difficulty. I'd say for most medium is about right.

19. Markku

Markku Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2011
    i tried it on the hardest difficulty, its really hard thinking of starting over.

20. GameGuy64

GameGuy64 New Member

Aug 1, 2012
    Whoa

Looks crazy! Kinda reminds me of Contra for some reason. Might be a little slow, but then again, slow and steady does win the race.