Universal Shellrazer - (by Slick Entertainment Inc)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Jul 25, 2012.

1. chespace

chespace Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2009
    I felt the same way, so I bought the double income IAP for .99 cents.

This game is so good I actually felt guilty for only paying a buck.

2. 2hvy4grvty

2hvy4grvty Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2010
    I bought the 100k coin pack for $10 and the 2x coin IAP. Cheers!

3. Juuicetin

Juuicetin Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2010
    I am loving this game so far. I am not that far in yet, but I was curious on the order in which people put their weapons. Does it make a difference? (ie. Is the top slot is more vulnerable to aerial attacks and etc.)

4. nao

nao Well-Known Member

Jan 26, 2010
    I am really enjoying this so far, this game is original and polished. Just 2 things that could be improved on:

1. While frantically trying to shoot ground troops, I sometimes misclick and use items. Maybe instead of the bottom row, perhaps on top? I have thus far decided not to use items totally and have been doing fine.

2. Sometimes when things get hectic, I tend to misclick the turtle while trying to select the bottom turret. This makes the turtle move faster, which in turn gives me less time to kill my enemies. I feel that clicking the turtle is like some punishment mechanic for inaccuracy. Very rarely would you want the turtle to move fast, and is actually quite frustrating. I suggest removing this or perhaps put it as a toggle if people like this feature.

Also, do same items stack? ie. 2 bandages on a turret does it make it heal itself faster?

5. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    yeah, I actually use the quick movement feature quite a bit, and in every level.... really hope it's not removed.

6. C.Hannum

C.Hannum Well-Known Member

Feb 13, 2011
    New York State
    Can't see why they would, you earn gold for going faster so it's clearly more than a punishment or feature for reaching the finish line faster for the impatient; it was thought out like just about everything in this game.

7. Peewhy

Peewhy Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2012
    fun little game

8. Foursaken_Media

Foursaken_Media Well-Known Member
    Patreon Indie

Really nice game. Love the creative weaponry, the bit of depth, and the characters are cool.

Just really wish there was an endless mode once you beat the game. Stuck with nothing left to do :(

9. chespace

chespace Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2009
    The last level (where you rescue your turtle girlfriend) is a bit like an endless mode for me. It's pretty freaking hard and I haven't beaten it yet. What it's doing is letting me play over and over and leveling up all weapons to try and beat it with different weapon combinations.

Love this game. The graphics really are gorgeous retina style.

10. Leegames

Leegames Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2010
    Ex. game journalist and EiC now PR
    Denmark
    Such a charming and fun game. It just feels like a well thought out quality product.

Also what's not to like about a huge turtle with cannons? :D

11. DPP13

DPP13 Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2010
    College Student
    This game is awesome.

12. 2hvy4grvty

2hvy4grvty Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2010
    Started the game on pretty tricky, found a decent combination. Moved on to play hard as shell and it was still a blast.

Couple of notes:

After beating the game and getting use to how the different weapons performed, what the different items did and how the equipment affected each weapon, the second playthrough turned out to be a lot easier than the first, despite ramping up the difficulty.

It's pretty easy to get through the game with 2 weapons and a healer, or two weapons and a buff, or three weapons. It's pretty hard with one weapon though, if at all possible.

3 weapons is fun as hell, my personal favorite is Tim of the North, Hammond the Heavy Gunner, and Shotgun Eddy. The Heavy Gunner was a late addition, as I used the default Gunner for most of the game, but I welcomed the extra damage. And it won't overheat as long as you're tapping it. So for the basic run through a level, you can spam Hammond and Tim for everything, and the shotgun simply mows through air units like nothing. I use this sparsely, but you've got 5 shots before you need to reload, and so far nothing in the game has the burst damage and AOE of the shotgun. I can speed through most of the level with ease.

There's always something to do in this game, and at the same time, the game is never overwhelming. The replays don't feel like a grind. One minor complaint, the harder difficulty isn't that much harder at all.

13. NickWaanders

NickWaanders Member

Mar 11, 2011
    LOL. I'm glad you feel that you've got your money's worth!
    You could buy the Coin packs or the Bookie I guess? Or just tell all your friends about our game, that would help too!

Thanks again!!
    Nick Waanders

14. NickWaanders

NickWaanders Member

Mar 11, 2011
    We'll take your feedback and see if we can modify it! I guess we've been playing a lot of the game, but we tend to run through levels all the time. :)

As for the 2 bandages: yes. All items compound. So if you add two 20% increases in firepower, you actually get 20% more plus 20% on top of that, which equals 44%.

Cheers,
    Nick Waanders - Slick Entertainment Inc.

15. NickWaanders

NickWaanders Member

Mar 11, 2011
    The middle one seems to get the most beat up, but it depends on what enemies are being spawned of course.

I find there's a lot of difference in the shooting of each gun and the spot it's in though. I like the Shredder at the bottom for example, for maximum bounce when the shredder bullet travels up. :)

Cheers,
    Nick Waanders

16. NickWaanders

NickWaanders Member

Mar 11, 2011
    Working on it! :)

Cheers,
    Nick Waanders - Slick Entertainment Inc.

17. NickWaanders

NickWaanders Member

Mar 11, 2011
    Be careful what you ask for, we may just add an insane difficulty level! :)

Thanks for the kind words!

Cheers,
    Nick

18. NickWaanders,

Should I buy this game?

19. Raines

Raines Active Member

Jul 5, 2012
    What do you think?