Universal Shellrazer - (by Slick Entertainment Inc)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Jul 25, 2012.

1. Capricornman

Capricornman Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2011
    Well as long as the slap in the face is by a huge green turtle it's okay;)

2. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Oh gosh... the trailer looks so amazing. And I LOVE turtles. Any other opinions on this? I think I'm gonna go for it!

3. The Son of Anarchy

The Son of Anarchy Well-Known Member

May 14, 2012
    Picked this up for 99c... would have happily payed the original $4+ anyway regardless. Just letting people know in case the original price scared anyone away.

4. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    Huh? So it is going to be $.99 at release?

5. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    I really like it actually! Very fun. However I have an issue with the sound effects. They're just way to low, even at max. I can barely hear them unless I turn the music super low and turn the ipod volume to max. Weird how they made the music sound so loud but the main part of sound effects wasn't worked on too well.

6. Fireball926

Fireball926 Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2010
    none
    Somewhere
    Apparently its a dollar now. NZ shows as 1.29

7. The Son of Anarchy

The Son of Anarchy Well-Known Member

May 14, 2012
    #27 The Son of Anarchy, Jul 26, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2012
    Yeah it's 99c special release sale apparently, that's what it says in the AppStore description. Bargain if you ask me...

Edit : This game is pretty awesome... so much content, between this and Metal Slug 3 I've got my action fix covered for months...

8. andsoitgoes

andsoitgoes Well-Known Member

For $3 I was uncertain, but for a buck I'm all over it. $7 for 3 games already tonight, and I'm not done looking yet.

9. shero89

shero89 Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2012
    Just got the game couldn't resist the release sale :)

10. VoodooVyper

VoodooVyper Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2009
    The music reminds me of Bike or Die 2.

11. andsoitgoes

andsoitgoes Well-Known Member

This game is CLUCKING AMAZING. Holy crap. Like, seriously. Fun fun fun fun.

I just dumped like forever into it. How the hell does that happen? This is a polished, hot sauce of a game. Only issue is that it really feels like the base weapons are the bests, even after unlocking 5 or 6 different things.

Other than that? Damn. This is a crazy buy for a dollar. It really is. I can't get the iCloud syncing to work though. Flergh.

12. reweblind

reweblind Active Member

Apr 8, 2011
    Graphic Artist
    Philippines
    Text hard to read on 3GS

Loving the game, the art, the concept (heck, where else would you find a giant turtle with a gun, mortar and a wizard at its back all at the same time!!!) :eek:

Just a little request to the Devs: hope you could accomodate gamers on older devices like 3GS. the text is very hard to read! strains your eyes, agh! Thanks!! :D

13. Nemer

Nemer Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2012
    College/Part job
    Far far away
    Is there Endless Mode?

14. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    I dont see any, but with 50 or so stages you'd be spending some time into this one. Plus, each of the stages can be replayed, and you can have different Cannon setups for some great replayability.

That said, I dont think endless mode will work well in this type of game.

15. justln

justln Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2011
    Singapore
    #35 justln, Jul 26, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2012
    Started this game and got stuck playing it for an hour.

First impressions:
    • This game ooze of style. Both the artwork and music are well done.
    • It reminded me of Patapon with the upgrade-able parts, side scrolling action and the flag at the end.
    • There are TONS of stages, the map is huge.
    • IAP is there but not needed, at least from what I have seen. There's a 99 cents IAP to double coins and other treasure chests for coins. You get about 1k+ coins per stage so just save up and you'll do fine.

The only nitpick I have is that I always accidentally click on my turtle, speeding it up and hurtling it to death. So... finicky controls?

Worth the $3 pricetag.

16. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Actually, you gain about 2000 per stage, and more later on. You get about 1k from your kills and from chests, and you get another 1k upon completion. Of course, this 1k is lesser early on, and larger later on. :)

17. Tastyfish

Tastyfish Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2011
    Well worth the $1. The action is quite frantic but manageable, and the different weapons totally add replay value to each level.

I've only started, and collected 4 "guns" in total. If you've played a bit, do you prefer 3 weapons on your turtle or 2 and a healer?

18. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Bwahaha, what a week for iOS releases! Totally neglected this yesterday and throughout most of the day, but saw all the positive comments in here, decided to try it out and...damn, I haven't touched any of my other purchases in the last hour and 30 mins. >_>

19. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Here's my current setup

Shredder
    War Piper
    Heavy Gunner

War Piper provides minimal healing, but it buffs your weapons damage for a duration everytime you tap it. At max level, is slows small enemies, gives 70% increased damage, increases defense of your cannons, and provides minimal healing.

In my opinion, there's no need to have 3 weapons equipped since you can only fire one at a time. The only reason id take 3 weapons is if I try the other weapons with longer reload times.

20. Eoghann

Eoghann Well-Known Member

May 29, 2012
    IT Guy/Graphic Designer/Gamer
    New York
    I got this game around midnight. Before I knew it, it was 3 AM!

It's a very polished game. Frantic and challenging but very fun. Love collecting and swapping items to level up my battle tortoise. xD Played and replayed the first 10 levels.

Definitely try it out, and with the dollar price tag it's a hell of a bargain!