iPad Sheepish limited time sale!

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PixelthisGlen, Apr 22, 2009.

1. PixelthisGlen

PixelthisGlen Active Member

Mar 31, 2009
    Portfolio Manager, Pixelthis Limited
    Palmerston North, New Zealand
  2. ezone

ezone Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2009
    Game Developer @ Ezone.com
    Perth, Australia
    What is it with you New Zealanders and sheep?! JK! ;)

Nice game - hope the sale generates some good numbers for you.

3. PixelthisGlen

PixelthisGlen Active Member

Mar 31, 2009
    Portfolio Manager, Pixelthis Limited
    Palmerston North, New Zealand
    hehe, hey man you Aussies have more sheep per head of population than we do (is it wrong that I know that?).

So you tell me :p

4. BrettArchibald

BrettArchibald Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2008
    Self-employed interactive designer.
    Formerly Zimbabwe - now England.
    Excellent! I tried the lite version and was very tempted, but held back on purchasing it because I felt I was spending too much on apps.
    Thanks to this sale though, I've been persuaded! ;)

UPDATE:

Hmmm... I just tried purchasing it, but get a message saying try again later, this app is being modified... even though it is showing up as 59p (99c) for me anyway... :confused:

5. GatorDeb

GatorDeb Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2009
    Las Vegas, NV, USA
    What happened to the promo code contest? You left the thread and never came back :(

6. djflippy

djflippy Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2009
    Snap it up

I recommend this game, if you are into pathing games of any sort. The graphics and gameplay are both really polished. You are provided with an interesting and charming set of tools to solve the puzzles with, as well as the opportunity to grab kewl rewards along the way. The learning curve is handled pretty well, as they start you off with obvious puzzles and then move you into the more challenging levels. There are some real stumpers in there too, especially if you want to get all the goodies. The attention to detail is obvious and you can tell that this project was a labor of love for the developers. This is a great deal at $1.

7. GatorDeb

Feb 1, 2009
    Las Vegas, NV, USA
    I'll keep bringing it up on every thread he makes until he addresses it. We are in no way entitled to promo codes but when someone runs a contest for a handful of promo codes that lasts a week or so and generates many thread views... crappy to just disappear and then reappear and don't respond to questions about it.

I wouldn't give him a dollar for his apps. Bad dev :mad: And I think people should know. It's a bait-and-switch that seems to have been thought up just to get people to look at a thread about the app.

8. djflippy

djflippy Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2009
    How in the world is this bait-n-switch? I won a code.

9. BrettArchibald

BrettArchibald Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2008
    Self-employed interactive designer.
    Formerly Zimbabwe - now England.
    He said winners would be notified by email... I guess those who didn't get emails didn't win a code...

10. FilthyCanadian

FilthyCanadian Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2009
    Ontario Canada
    This would not be an example of a bait and switch.

11. DaveMc99

DaveMc99 Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2009
    Seattle, WA USA
    He is busy and has a job maybe? Email him and see if he responds. Don't know why he didn't show up at the time he ended the contest but waited a few days.. I asked how many people entered and it was under 20.. so it really was not a big priority. He has not even updated the website yet. People do have lives outside of this forum and games. ;)

12. GatorDeb

Feb 1, 2009
    Las Vegas, NV, USA
    I didn't think anyone had gotten any. He replied 3 days later after the contest closing after 2 of us mentioned something.

Anyone else got one?

It'd be great if he had posted something such as "Codes sent." And usually people reply to those threads with "Thanks for the code!" and such.

13. GatorDeb

Feb 1, 2009
    Las Vegas, NV, USA
    :confused:

14. DaveMc99

Mar 1, 2009
    Seattle, WA USA
    He only gave away 3. And it was not limited to this forum. You know how it goes.. 1 posts and 2 usually go to lurkers. Why are you so upset about this?

We're giving away 3 free copies of the full version of Sheepish.
    http://www.pixelthismobile.com/forum/win-free-copy-sheepish

15. GatorDeb

Feb 1, 2009
    Las Vegas, NV, USA
    I'm not upset the whole thing was just weird :p Contests usually go: announced, ended, dev posts that codes are given out, people say thanks. This one just ended in... nothing. I want closure dammit :p

16. DaveMc99

Mar 1, 2009
    Seattle, WA USA
  17. DaveMc99

Mar 1, 2009
    Seattle, WA USA
    There was closure.. he emailed the winners. Confirmed by someone here. So is he still a bad developer that you won't support?

18. GatorDeb

Feb 1, 2009
    Las Vegas, NV, USA
    Nah he's off the blacklist ;) I downloaded and played through the lite when the contest was going on and I'd buy this particular one if he implemented the suggestion I had. For these kinds of games I don't like it that if you fail, you have to start the level all over again. I think Black Sheep is better in that regard because you can just rearrange the course and try again. And I forgot if this was timed but I don't buy timed games :) Untimed + able to rearrange + $1 == impulse buy. Untimed + able to rearrange + $3 == will think it over.