Universal Sheeping Around (by Fleon Labs)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Jan 16, 2019.

1. ShinHadoukin

ShinHadoukin Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2015
    #21 ShinHadoukin, Jan 21, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2019
    Great news for single player. Fun game that is great on mobile. I like playing live players so hopefully more people will play & matches will be more frequent. I will say, I had more matches today than I had been having.

2. Himanshu Kapoor

Jun 26, 2018
    Male
    Hey, folks, the game has been out now for the last 4 days, and so far the reviews have been positive. It is featured in many countries in “New Games We Love” on the App Store. The game has peaked at #3 in paid card games in US and is in top 10 paid card games in many countries. So far, US and China have been the biggest audiences.

Current ratings:
    US: 4.4 (36 ratings, 21 reviews)
    China: 4.3 (19 ratings, 13 reviews)
    Germany: 4.0 (7 ratings, 3 reviews)
    Russia: 4.4 (7 ratings, 6 reviews)
    Thailand: 4.4 (6 ratings, 4 reviews)

If you haven’t tried the game yet, do try it. I’m sure the reviews can help you make your decision easier. :)

3. Himanshu Kapoor

Jun 26, 2018
    Male
    I have made some updates recently and fixed some critical bugs. Some bugs happened because I had to scale the server and they did not happen during the beta.

Specifically:
    - At some initial levels, you will only be matched against AI, and not real players. Because most new players are not experienced with the rules and frequently either unmatch, or take long to play their moves or even quit playing games.
    - When your opponent got disconnected, it showed that your level increased, but when you went back to the main menu, the reward is lost. This is fixed.
    - Sometimes because of lag in some server requests, you are not dealt a hand of 5 cards in the beginning or are not able to play moves or draw a card successfully. This has also been fixed.

Yes, the game did not do very well as per my expectations, and I realized that my price was too high as a new guy releasing a new game that is very unique and it makes it harder for people to take a leap of faith and spend money to try out the game without any reviews or press to bank on. So price drop was a strategy to get more people to try out the game, get good reviews and get the game higher up in the rankings. The current price of $2.99 will be now frozen. Unfortunately, the game also got pirated, and about 30% of the users on iOS are running a pirated version of the game.

4. Himanshu Kapoor

Jun 26, 2018
    Male

I'm going to be adding a vs AI mode as another option that you can play instead of matching against real players. This option should be available next week. It will still be online though because the AI does some machine learning on the backend.

Offline games vs AI will take a couple months along with the major content update.

5. vectorarchitekt

vectorarchitekt Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2013
    Great! Thanks for your hard work on this one.
    I got my wife into playing this one with me. I do like the opposing “good v evil” idea.
    Have you considered making a physical card game version of this as well?
    (Like you don’t have enough work to do )

6. Himanshu Kapoor

Jun 26, 2018
    Male
    This game in fact began as a physical card game. I played it with friends and family and we had a lot of fun with it for hours, despite it being a pen and paper prototype with no art. That is how I was able to validate and play-test my idea before I even began making a digital version. Publishing a physical game is a logistical nightmare for someone new, so I decided to go digital first.

Many people have suggested doing a physical game, and I might do it some time later this year using Kickstarter. Depends on how many people show interest. The physical version that I prototyped could be played 1v1, 2v2 or 3v3, and with 3, 5 or 7 sheep.

7. DTK

DTK Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2014
    Marketing
    Berlin Germany
    Pure Online Game.
    No tutorial in the app.
    No rules on the website.
    No contact found for the developer.
    Even the search engine only finds the blog.
    I have also found no other website where the rules of the game are explained.
    I wish I had bought another game!:mad:

8. Himanshu Kapoor

Jun 26, 2018
    Male
    Yes it is an online PvP game. Offline mode is on the roadmap.

The rules are pretty simple and are included in the game's App Store description itself.

[​IMG]

However, you do not need to read them, because there is also a tutorial in the game. And the first game is always a tutorial. Before you begin a game, you are given the option to begin a new game, a tutorial game or a game against a friend. Offline games will also find its way here eventually:

[​IMG]

No contact found for me? That's surprising because the game's website has a "Contact" section at the bottom that lists five ways of getting in touch, as per your preference.

[​IMG]

Do give the game another try, beginning with the tutorial. I am sure you will like it. Cheers!