Universal Shake Duck Off (by Pine Entertainment)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by antony.thai, Jul 1, 2015.

1. Andre

Andre Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2012
    #21 Andre, Jul 2, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2015
    Wow, Thanks binlabu a lot for the video. :)

BTW, hope that you will discover the FEVER MODE. It's amazing....

2. antony.thai

antony.thai Well-Known Member

We was trying to make a gameplay video with true feeling of the control but it's not possible. Screen-capture is not enough to let everyone know about Shake Duck Off!

Anyway, thank everyone to support us! Please tell us anything if you want us to pay the attention on.

Best!

3. scape211

scape211 Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2012
    Graphic Designer
    Recently tried this game out and its pretty good. Nice take on the classic. Personally its not my cup of tea; I don't play many tilt based games as they just tend to frustrate me and feel out of my wheelhouse.

Tilt games have had the awful stigmatism (at least in my mind) of just being a horrible control mechanism that I just cant get used to. I also initially felt that way about joysticks since my early gaming experienced revolved around a d-pad. Its not that tilt is bad; just something I thought I'd never enjoy no matter how it was coded or presented because of my style of play.

That being said, this game handles tilt pretty darn well. When I realized this was tilt based I thought I would do horribly as I usually do. But to my surprise the tilt controls worked well and the 'lock and shake' style of killing the birds was a great match up for the tilt reticle. It reminds me of my sushi experience. I used to hate sushi until I ate good sushi; now I love it.

If you play tilt based games you will likely enjoy it. If you dont, I would still give it a try since the controls are good and it might change your thinking.

4. dreadnok

dreadnok Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2011
    I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum I'm ou
    I hate tilt games won't touch em, but these guys have always delivered great games and this is no different. Really handles well on my phone and is crazy fun, love the fever mode thanks for another classic game

5. baldeagle86

baldeagle86 Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2013
    Really liking this game! Controls well for the style it is, I'm having a lot of fun! Reminds of the classic old days :)

6. melvin2898

melvin2898 Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2011
    Hi there. Thank you for giving me the chance to play this game. I enjoyed it. The title screen visuals look nice.
    I was just wondering if the sounds in the game are free for all to use because I've heard them in another game. I won't put you out there completely but if these sounds aren't available to the public for everyone to use in their games, we have a problem there. :)
    In the first game, the motion controls weren't working for me. Then I used my device in a more flat way and it worked. The game also alerts you as to when a duck is about to get away. You might want to tell the player to put their device in a flat position because the game won't work if you're just holding it in the air. It has to be flat with the back facing the ground. Well for me at least. Basically you need a warning telling the player that the game is calibrating their device.
    You need more modes. While the control scheme is unique, I'd say throw finger controls into the game and make it harder as it goes on. I noticed more ducks appeared as my number of kills went up.