iPhone Shadowrun: Dragonfall - Director's Cut (by Harebrained Schemes LLC)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by killercow, Dec 3, 2014.

1. brerlappin

brerlappin Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2009
    Speaking of icons, the original and this one need to have some kind of continuity to them. They don't look like they're part of the same series at all.

Also, did anyone else find the last paragraph hard to read in the first mission loading page?

2. dedyp79

dedyp79 Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2013
    You can read it again in objective option in the game

3. Luciano1084

Luciano1084 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2014
    Some impressions would be excellent ###

4. petcar

petcar Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2012
    Norway
    Holding of on buying a game because of the icon? Looool, thats just weird imo#

Having said that, it truly is ugly as sin, what were they thinking?

5. Opheus

Opheus Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2014
    Weird am I the only one who like the icon ? I mean Glory is such a lovely lady with all her claw and armor

6. Luciano1084

Luciano1084 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2014
    I think you might be lol ;) .... So I'm guessing everyone is to busy playing to post impressions.. Guess this means I'll just buy it.. I liked S. Returns but didn't love it.. To much dialog and the combat system was "ok" in my opinion.. I know they've improved on basically everything.. Hopefully I'll love this latest installment

7. thefrivolouscake

Oct 16, 2013
    Is anyone else having trouble with the options menu? All of my changed settings revert back to default the minute I leave the menu. Otherwise, it's been great so far.

8. HBS_Jeff

HBS_Jeff Active Member

Sep 26, 2013
    Thank you for reporting this issue! After looking into this issue it looks as though your options are being applied, but will reset to their default values when the options menu is reopened.

9. RampageDeluxe

RampageDeluxe Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2013
    I'm just messing around about not buying it because of that, but I am going to wait to pick it up after I get through some of my backlog. I'll just be quietly hoping that they change the icon by then.

10. somedumbgamer

somedumbgamer Well-Known Member

May 4, 2013
    #90 somedumbgamer, Dec 5, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2014
    HaHa you're kidding, right

Just thought it was funny how you reworded his issue. I'm gonna try that on a coworker

11. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    ? What?

12. badmanj

badmanj Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2009
    Software developer
    Reading, England
    Ummm... But that just didn't happen. Suggest you read the original issue and the response again a little more carefully.

13. Spinda

Spinda Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2013
    No way to zoom out?

Exploring the town is a pain to do because of all the screen panning.

14. Zenfar

Zenfar Well-Known Member

Aug 2, 2010
    Male
    Developer
    http://www.zenfar.com
    This is an amazing version of this Cyberpunk RPG, love the setting and characters.

15. Opheus

Opheus Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2014
    I want to ask this as well. The manual says you can zoom in or out by pinching but in fact you can't

16. Sildani

Sildani Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2013
    High school social studies teacher
    NOVA
    HBSJeff: thanks for posting, and showing you're responsive to the users. Mind responding to a question I have?

Will you all release this frankly excellent game to iPhone users (please! pleeease!!), and if not, why not? Shine some light on the differences and problems of developing for iPad versus iPhone!

17. Fangbone

Fangbone Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2012
    Michigan, USA
    I'm pretty sure that Shadowrun Returns is also an ipad only game. It probably has to do with how fickle some people are with games. If they put it on iPhone and it was playable but the words were very small that might be ok for some people but for others it would not be ok. So the people that don't think it's ok would probably leave horrible reviews on the App Store asking why they even put it on the iPhone. Just a guess.

18. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Text is going to be unreadable on the iphones, and the 6 and 6+ are only unfortunate that they have the label "iphone" which makes them incompatible by design.

Optimizing text to make them readable is going to cost a lot of time and money, im not sure if it would be viable after they put in so much work porting it.

19. Sildani

Sildani Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2013
    High school social studies teacher
    NOVA
    Good guess, but by Ghu, I hope it's wrong.

20. Tyra

Tyra Well-Known Member

Feb 3, 2011
    Illustration & Graphic Designs
    Germany
    Again and sorry to repeat, but does this run on an ipad2? Hope so, really.