iPhone Shadowrun: Dragonfall - Director's Cut (by Harebrained Schemes LLC)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by killercow, Dec 3, 2014.

1. DeadGuy427

DeadGuy427 Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2012
    US Army Infantry
    Lacey, WA
    I played the ever loving goodness out of this one on Steam, and I can't say enough good things about it. The story is really good, more focused and gripping than the first game, the mechanics feel better, the weapons and powers...oh man. Unlike the first game, you aren't running solo or hiring random runners for missions, you become part of a squad of elite runners with serious personality, and really cool power sets. I enjoyed this one far more than its predecessor...I beat it a few times with different character builds, and I am still going to buy it on my iPad the second it becomes available, if that tells you anything. Highly recommended!

2. killercow

killercow Well-Known Member

I need to finish the first one before I get the second one but I'm glad it's out! Should make a lot of people happy :)

3. toptrops

toptrops Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2014
  4. Pipipitchu

Pipipitchu Well-Known Member

May 4, 2013
    Civil Servant
    Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
    I guess this is God reminding me I still have to play Shadowrun Returns.

5. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    And your post reminded me to open my NZ account for Fist of Jesus. :D

6. Vellrath

Vellrath Active Member

Dec 30, 2012
    If you haven't played Showdowrun Returns, give it a go. It's totally worth it. From what I've read this sequel improves upon the original [SR: Returns] on all fronts. This one ought to be Super!

7. mzinn

mzinn Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2014
    I enjoyed Shadowrun Returns. Maybe a little more reading than I'd like in the game. I found myself just tapping through the dialog at times. Probably because I did enjoy the game once I was on an "mission" and in battle. I'll try to slow down this time & enjoy it for what it is. This should be good. Or at least has the potential.

8. Flunkie

Flunkie Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2008
    Hope this means a $.99 sale for the original. Haven't picked it up yet and want to get into this series.

9. Luciano1084

Luciano1084 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2014
    Been waiting for this one for a while now.. Definitely not a weak week..

10. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Wow. Can someone give this guy a cookie? Coz i dont want to waste mine on him.

11. ImJPaul

ImJPaul Well-Known Member

May 23, 2012
    Male
    MGMT!
    Baltimore
    It's games like this that really make me regret selling my iPad. I have it on Steam though so not too butthurt. Pretty sure my buddy plays this on his POS android so hopefully they'll add iphone support one day. Until then, my backlog is 10x the size of God. Freaking fantastic game btw, just in case everyone in the forum wasn't clear.

12. Woodrith

Woodrith Well-Known Member

Oct 4, 2014
    Hooaah
    Outerbounds
    Haha, same here brother, looks like I got a few hours now......

:rolleyes:

13. themostunclean

themostunclean Well-Known Member

Jun 13, 2012
    Because there's no way for devs to differentiate iphone models when releasing an app and the interface probably isn't optimized for the smaller screens of earlier iPhones. The first Shadowrun was ipad only too and it would have been a cluttered illegible mess on anything 5S or below.

14. Baracus

Baracus Well-Known Member

You're not even remotely aware how ridiculous that sounds though are you? You "want" to get into the series, so much so that it's worth the lowest price possible. I... I don't even have words...

15. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    Dang...

16. nestor

nestor Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2012
    I read somewhere that the two games (Returns & Dragonfall) are not related story-wise and that you could just start playing the series with Dragonfall... Is this true? I wouldn't mind starting with the better of the two if they really did improve that many gameplay aspects over the original.

17. gquiller

gquiller Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2011
    *Shadowrun: Dragonfall - Director's Cut is optimized for iPad 3 and up.*

Guess it's time to get a new iPad or hope for some further optimization as well as universal support.

18. Xexist

Xexist Well-Known Member

May 6, 2010
    Canada
    never heard of this. Ive been hemorrhaging money on ios games lately. Need second job.

19. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    Right!