iPhone Shadowrun: Dragonfall - Director's Cut (by Harebrained Schemes LLC)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by killercow, Dec 3, 2014.

1. Sildani

Sildani Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2013
    High school social studies teacher
    NOVA
    Note: the above is in German with no subtitles.

2. Zenfar

Zenfar Well-Known Member

Aug 2, 2010
    Male
    Developer
    http://www.zenfar.com
    Can't wait for Hong Kong!!

3. ojtitus

ojtitus Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2010
    Male
    Canton, Ohio
    Incase you didn't know, they are not bringing Hong Kong to iOS.

4. Isilel

Isilel Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2009
    This is worrying. Is it just on iOS 8, or are the earlier iOS versions also affected? Is it a 100% thing, or is there a chance to squick through with several different saves?
    I am currently playing the game and it is great. A big improvement on the already highly enjoyable "Shadowrun Returns: Dead Man's Switch" in every way. Mechanics and interface work very well on a tablet, too.
    So, does anybody know if a save extracted from the iOS version via iFunbox is compatible with the PC version? Just in case.

Sad about Hong Kong, but OTOH they might be able to put more into it without having to worry about tablet versions.
    Unfortunately, the climate isn't particularly favorable to premium games on iOS right now, and Harebrained have mucked up their reception by not including "save anywhere" in Dead Man's Switch from the start. How they could have imagined that their incredibly rare auto-saves would be sufficient even for PC gaming, leave alone the mobile(!) one defies comprehension. And now that they have fixed it, they no longer have the necessary exposure on iOS. Sigh.

5. Luciano1084

Luciano1084 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2014
    Shadowrun online is dropping soon.. Supposedly

6. ojtitus

ojtitus Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2010
    Male
    Canton, Ohio
    Yeah, I don't play online games anymore except a little Diablo 3 with a buddy. All I really care about are good old fashion single-player games on iOS. :)

7. imdakine1

imdakine1 Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2011
    I noticed the graphic setting idea in rush rally which is a very different game obviously but when initially starting the game it determines what setting it will allow the game to play in... For example on my iPhone 6 it stated high graphics and when it was iPad 3 it started at lowest graphic level. I believe we also have the option to change this but I haven't even tried. ---- while it may seem random thus game is Luke 50mb or under but did recognize that not all devices could handle the game by graphic quality or speed of the racing game etc...

8. JMan121314

JMan121314 Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2014
    I am not alone! There is someone else who cares more about single player than multiplayer! :)

I like it sometimes but it seems every game now days is mainly online or online only...

9. Luciano1084

Luciano1084 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2014
    #189 Luciano1084, Apr 25, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2015
    UI needs work.. It could be extremely tricky and in some cases impossible to move units next to each other..Unwanted moves happens often.. At times the text is unreadable as well.. I'm enjoying the game but little things like this keep it from being awesome ###

10. Zenfar

Zenfar Well-Known Member

Aug 2, 2010
    Male
    Developer
    http://www.zenfar.com
    Playing Again...

Already finished the non-director's cut version, going for another play through, this one is Epic! Buy it, just buy it chummer!

11. gemineye62

gemineye62 Well-Known Member

Feb 16, 2010
    Hello,

I killed all the enemies in the False Flag humanis mission but now I can't move my main character after the combat
    movement ends. Is this a bug and is there a patch coming out or some kind of work around?

I tried completing this with a save file one back from the newest and the same freeze happened.

Thank you

12. gemineye62

gemineye62 Well-Known Member

Feb 16, 2010
    #192 gemineye62, May 8, 2015
    Last edited: May 8, 2015
    I really wish this game did not have these bugs!

Concerning the Apex Rising mission , I lost my progress up to controlling the first turrets
    and one node hacked. All my saves just take me back to the beginning of the mission.
    I have no choice but to play it over.

Are they looking into this?

I started over. This time when I chose to kill Apex, I could not move my hacker. The top icon was grayed
    out like he was hacking , but I did not log in yet. So...another restart!

Thanks

13. Sash-O

Sash-O Well-Known Member

Feb 13, 2015
    Germany
    #193 Sash-O, May 28, 2015
    Last edited: May 28, 2015
    I hope that the bug isn't working for me. I just started the game. ;)
    But it concerns me, as it says in the app description: "resolved potential progression blockers in Apex Rising mission".
    I was hoping that they solved this problem. I'll give it a try...

14. RedHanded

RedHanded Active Member

Jul 16, 2015
    Plowed through both Shadowrun games a few weeks back after getting them on sale. Both had been on my radar forever.

Just LOOOOOOVED both titles! Dragonfall has the superior story, with side missions thast flesh-out major allies Bioware-style.

Here's hoping more titles come out...

15. brerlappin

brerlappin Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2009
    Sadly the next game, Hong Kong, will be PC only. :(

16. ironsam80

ironsam80 Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2010
    Seems like another iOS 9 victim. Doesn't plays the music. The sounds are fine but there isn't background music after iOS 9. At least on my iPad Air. Anyone else?

17. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
  18. lot49a

lot49a New Member

Apr 20, 2013
    Not playing music for me either. Neither shadow run plays music iPad mini 4.

19. styles

styles Member

Nov 24, 2012
    No music for me either, what a bummer:(

20. Zeratulz

Zeratulz Well-Known Member

Nov 9, 2010
    Why oh why can I not have this on my 6s Plus ?!?!? :-(