Universal Shadowgun Legends (by MADFINGER Games, a.s.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Techzamazing, Mar 21, 2018.

1. Jamesrooney27

Jamesrooney27 Well-Known Member

May 13, 2014
    Male
    Uk
    I’m struggling with against all odds, can’t stand time missions, just can’t find final bomb

2. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    In that final room the bombs in a small room at the back to the right. Once you’ve killed the enemies then go straight there. I did it with a second to spare !

3. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Level 20 now. Been a few variations in the missions, the sandstorm ones pretty cool.

Opened up a new planet as well so you get a variation of aliens etc. Amazing game, i bought the 4.99 IAP as a thanks to the dev but the amount of time i've spent on this its been well worth it

4. shfrost

shfrost Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2010
    Artist
    Wooded area
    I bought the $4.99 in-app as well and absolutely have no regrets. It’s more than worth it, and I’m addicted. I’m halfway to level 21 and the tougher levels are REALLY tough. Yeah, the Sandstorm level was cool, but damn! Took me more than a few tries. Then again, I have absolutely no sense of direction. :(
    There’s a level sometime after that one that’s even harder. You’ll think you’re done, but nooo... big, very tough surprise at the end of level. Quite disorienting, and yet another twist in the gameplay.

I’m so impressed with the graphics and changing environments. Though the main game (shoot everything) remains the same, I’ve got to hand it to the devs for keeping it interesting. I hope this one receives plenty of updates and expansions. It deserves to live on.

5. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Yeah totally. I can see them adding more planets, just had a go multiplayer, did okay last time but not so good this run !

The 'short' 1000 experience type missions are good for a quick 5 minutes. Shame when you pause it doesnt pause the action though, just have to wait before you get to a door as i've had a few times when a missions taken about 20 minutes and suddenly someones at the door or that

But so far its brilliant. I'm getting quite addicted, i work at home so every hour when my phone makes a noise i log onto the game to get my hourly reward !

6. shfrost

Apr 9, 2010
    Artist
    Wooded area
    LOL! I’m on the reward clock too. :D

7. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    #87 psj3809, Apr 5, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2018
    What weapon do you suggest i use ? I'm at the furnace mission (urgh !) and my shotgun isnt doing it. Need a rapid one i think.

Edit - just done it - urrrgh ! Difficult !

8. Nekku

Nekku Well-Known Member

May 31, 2013
    #88 Nekku, Apr 5, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2018
    Level 20 is the soft cap but after that you can go upward until you hit Level 20 +5. You‘ll still see 20 on your screen but the power level for your drops will increase silently until you hit power level 250, which is the hard cap. For every additional level, you power level can rise up to +10.

I would strongly suggest to not spend real money for any weapons or armor since you‘ll get stronger ones in no time and your previous items become obsolete very fast.
    One thing I do is, once I realise that there wont be any drops which rises my PL any further, I keep any engram instead of decrypting it until I hit a new level so I can load up myself right away and make upcoming missions easier to beat. The PL of your item a decrypted engram gives depends on your actual PL and not the one you had when you picked it up (like in Destiny).
    I run mainly with pistol only and the maxed out perk which adds +100% pistol damage as well as the perk which gives an additional +100% overall damage for 10 seconds. Melts elites in no time and crits damn hard. There is pretty good build on YT which suggests to spend 9 points in Agility, 5 points in Strength and 3 Points in Health. 1 Point is left for personal purpose. Includes pretty much every skill for strong dps as well as survivability and I honestly didnt had much trouble at all so far.
    Spent around €20 and no regrets.

9. shfrost

Apr 9, 2010
    Artist
    Wooded area
    For a while now I’ve suspected the pistol could be a main weapon. I’ve been beefing mine up, and luckily had saved quite a few points to add into Agility. So, I’ve got 9 Agility, 6 Combat, 2 Health, and 1 point remaining. I’m now gunning like a madman with infinite ammo, and like you, my little pop gun has 100% boost. :D Just waiting now for more cash and a beefier pistol from Willow. I know she’s holding out on me.

Thanks for the tip on PL and decoding.

10. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Damn I’ve got 9 on combat ! Too late to start again !

11. Nekku

Nekku Well-Known Member

May 31, 2013
    You‘ll get 18 skill points until level 20. If you only spent 9 into combat and didnt spent something anywhere else you have still 9 points left to put into agility to max out the gun skill if you really want to main a gun. You will only miss out on quite a bit of survivability.
    Or just keep it that way and spec into extra damage and extra crit damage. I whish I could get both of them too! :D

12. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    I’ve used them all. Currently...

11 combat
    3 agility
    4 survival

13. TouchiMedia

TouchiMedia Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2013
    Yes I agree with you all, this game really is great and polished. It’s sorta odd how little attention it’s getting - tho it probably doesn’t need it.

So the level cap I’m assuming will get raised later? These developers seem very smart and keen on keeping this game relevant with updates/support.

I hope- it’s really well made.

14. shfrost

Apr 9, 2010
    Artist
    Wooded area
    Rumor has it that a planned update will allow you to re-spec your points.
    I choose to believe that. :D

15. Wrath

Wrath Well-Known Member

May 26, 2011
    Seattle
    Since I'm pretty lame at FPS games, especially PvP, which one of these games do you guys think is better: Shadowgun Legends or Modern Combat Versus? I was thinking I'd probably try and focus on just one of the two. Modern Combat Versus has the much larger file size, but it has auto-aim which I'm thinking I need to stick with and I'm not seeing that option with Shadowgun Legends...

16. shfrost

Apr 9, 2010
    Artist
    Wooded area
    #96 shfrost, Apr 6, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2018
    Shadowgun has auto-shoot but not auto-target. But if you use a controller, Shadowgun does support while I think MCV does not.

17. Nekku

Nekku Well-Known Member

May 31, 2013
    I just saw that there is a TouchArcade Guild. Can someone tell me who the leader of that guild is?
    Since it is set to invite only I guess I have to verify myself?

18. Duke12

Duke12 Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2013
    I waited for an invite for like a week and nothing and it wasnt full so I guess leader is not playing or just dont give a f

19. Nekku

Nekku Well-Known Member

May 31, 2013
    Oh well, too bad. Seems like I‘ll have to find another one then. Thanks.

20. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    What good do you get joining a group ? You dont seem to get anything do you ?

Still enjoying this but needs an update. Reached level 20 a while back and technically i must be about level 26 now. Fame is 327,000 and have about 171,000 coins (spent a bit upgrading my skills)

All the missions are about 1400 fame each, theres no 'story' ones so like i say surely the update will unlock the next planet.

Still an excellent game, getting quite samey but its nice being at a high level. Reached 80 gold (by watching ad's) and unlocked one of those things, all i got was a wolf costume !

Upgrading the weapons/armour is great but the cosmetic doll costume type stuff i cant be bothered with