Universal Shadowgun Legends (by MADFINGER Games, a.s.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Techzamazing, Mar 21, 2018.

1. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Is there a download after install? How big is the instal size after all is said and done?

2. pbb76

pbb76 Well-Known Member

Jun 22, 2009
    Dont think you can necessarily buy better weapons per se, but there was a bit of a wall in terms of the slots you have available. You can constantly keep selling gear, but it becomes a pain so its just easier to unlock the slots (you go from 16 to 80+ slots for any IAP).

I was happy to spend the £4.99 on it as its definitely worth throwing them some cash for such a cracking game.

I do miss the rumble though of the MFI pads compared to consoles.

3. pbb76

pbb76 Well-Known Member

Jun 22, 2009
    So... lets talk friend codes for doing raids and stuff?

I'm not even sure when Guilds unlock? I cant find them anyways.

But my username in game is: pbb76

4. Warriv

Warriv Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Feb 21, 2015
    Portugal
    #24 Warriv, Mar 22, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2018
    I’m really impressed by this game, you can tell real work has been done to keep it a cohesive experience. There’s a storyline, and a reason why your character is there, so you don’t feel like you’re just randomly jumping from point to point, completing missions. Im really enjoying it, even the multiplayer content which usually I’m not too fond of. I’ll add you guys when I get home, but here’s my tag anyway - Drawlast.

Happy shooting, Legends.

5. CarlRandon

CarlRandon New Member

Mar 21, 2018
    I was a beta tester and the iap is very non-intrusive so I wouldn’t worry too much about it.

6. fast131

fast131 Member

Mar 11, 2015
    This game had offline play mode , no single player?
    Must require a internet connection to play?

7. CarlRandon

CarlRandon New Member

Mar 21, 2018
    It has single player missions but this game is basically a destinylike so it requires an online connection.

8. adamphetamine

adamphetamine Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2011
    Programmer/3D Modeling
    Bethlehem, Pa
    Games pretty damn good. Let's hope it stays this way.

9. TheSop

TheSop Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2016
    Is there any advantages to entering my email and verifying it with Madfinger? I can see my game is already bound to Game Center.

10. ioso

ioso Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2017
    Male
    Is there a TouchArcade clan?

11. JasonLL

JasonLL Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2014
    Male
    #31 JasonLL, Mar 22, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2018
    Yeah...it’s kinda rough without at least text communication. I’ve completed it a couple of times with others but it’s not easy and I’ve had a couple team members rage quit “at that certain point” in the campaign. I have been really enjoying this game a lot but it needs a way to coordinate between people for co-op missions. It’s kinda baffling the co-op is as puzzle heavy as it is without a means of communicating.

12. Tinsel

Tinsel Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    Really enjoying it though the IAPs are so ridiculous it is pretty easy to forego spending any money on the game. I may spend the cheapest amount just to get the extra slots, but when basic cosmetics cost around $12 usd (and paints and stickers are used up on equipment that will be immediately replaced), it makes it REAL EASY to just ignore all iaps entirely. Also costs around 1.25 to open a lock box (which may have junk). Has anyone seen where you can sell or get rid of the lock boxes?

And yea that first dungeon is a royal pain without text chat. Figured out the “tricky” puzzle in about 15 seconds, but our third person would just not stop hitting them. My friend and I just sat down and watched TV and it took him over 20 minutes to do it himself. Really bad. Won’t do another dungeon until we get text chat or vote to kick.

13. JasonLL

Feb 21, 2014
    Male
    Hopefully text chat before vote to kick since that may be a bit harsh if the player in question has no idea why he/she was booted although vote to kick is a viable option to have for those that are intentionally trying to make life difficult. The puzzle is much easier solo but with the chaos of everyone running around hitting switches, like you said, makes it pretty tough. Maybe Madfinger didn’t want people verbally smashing others for being naive, which I understand, but the levels are designed for true co-op. Even verbal emotes like “over here!” , “that’s right” , “follow me!”, “I’ve got this”, “(number 1-10)!” would be a step in the right direction.

Overall though this game is fantastic! Loved Dead Trigger 2 and played that more than any FPS on my first gen iPad Air. Was excited for Shadowrun Legends even before it was released since it was going to be my first foray into this series and I’m not disappointed. Now with the newer devices I can turn the FPS and graphical detail all the way up and it may be one of the prettier games on my device. I am also impressed, at least on my iPad, that it doesn’t heat up as bad as some games turned to max *cough* final fantasy XV pocket edition *cough* .

Your right about the IAP being totally optional with mostly costumes in those legendary boxes (maybe they’re all aesthetic, not sure). Still very much worth spending to get the premium ring since the junk piles up eventually and those extra slots are nice.

14. TheSop

TheSop Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2016
    #34 TheSop, Mar 23, 2018
    I am currently rank 4 but only have 2 skill points? I would have thought I should have 3 to spend?

Any ideas?

Update** from watching YouTube videos it appears you don’t get a skill point for levelling from rank 1 to 2 which explains why I only have 2 points.

15. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Currently level 6. Normally had 1 vs 1 battles or that but it plays very well. Seen the same maps for the missions a couple of times but its not bad at all, not surprised they've reused some areas.

Just a lot to do, a lot of fun and so far no paywall or that. Games getting a big tougher but i've never failed a single player mission. Did fail on a teamwork mission recently.

Bought a 4.99 IAP as the games given me so much fun the last few days i wanted to give something back. But an excellent game

16. TouchiMedia

TouchiMedia Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2013
    #36 TouchiMedia, Mar 23, 2018
    Yeah I’m honestly surprised this hasn’t got much attention. I usually don’t play mobile games much or for that long but this one got me anxious to get back and play longer sessions.

I’m lvl 8 and haven’t had any paywall or gameplay issues. Lots of great customizations, AI is relatively smart, missions are nice- not overly intricate but not overly simple. Weapons are nice. Overall it just feels very solid, and didn’t have any connection or lag issues on global launch which seems extremely rare these days.

Has a surprisingly pretty deep player/gear customizations.

I love how in the lobby- there’s announcements when a ‘top 10% player <name>’ has entered or left. And just walking by the high scores screen and you can see it in real time- or get a closer look where you stack up. And it’s all been working without any major bugs. It’s very well designed, the mifi controller support is excellebt, UI is manageable.

By far one of the best and most polished games I’ve played on iOS. Oddly I could never get into Destiny on console but I find myself playing this as my go to iOS game. Congrats.

17. JasonLL

Feb 21, 2014
    Male
    Unfortunately it’s probably bad timing with the near release of Fortnite and the newly released PUBG getting the lions share of attention since both are juggernauts in today’s gaming landscape and they’re considered PC games first which avoids any negative mobile stigma. Although they’re different experiences I feel in a general action game sense that Shadowgun more than holds its own against the competition and the game should be fine if the user base remains enthusiastic. Who knows maybe Apple will do a showcase, game of the day, or a must play list on Legends in the near future which would give more attention to the game.

18. TouchiMedia

TouchiMedia Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2013
    #38 TouchiMedia, Mar 23, 2018
    Valid points, I could never get into PUBG / Battle Royale campfests. The gameplay just slow and boring to me and the mobile ports honestly look ok but animation wise look terrible. PUBG on mobile, second game ever and I got first. Uninstalled it and haven’t had any incline to go back. I don’t play many mobile games because they rarely have ragdolls physics. I find animation and ragdoll physics crucial to my enjoyment of any game. Just adds to the immersion and enjoyment- I was so glad this game has that. Sure framerate can suffer but I’m not picky when it comes to framerate. Higher be nice obviously but not at the sacrifice of physics and rag dolls. Just my personal opinion. I think PUBG and BR type games on mobile need to sacrifice too much with graphics and animations to have the large open worlds. To me that affects how much I enjoy a game.

And with this game, seems like there’s always a goal and unlocks to grind for. But I also really enjoy the gameplay- it all just fits nicely and polished. I’m glad Devs have a history of supporting their games after launch, I’ll definitely throw some dollars their way. The iAPs are a little aggressive but doesn’t largely affect the gameplay so I’m fine with that.

Overall tho very surprised by the quality. Navigating the numerous UI stuff has been relatively simple and streamlined for mobile

19. Nekku

Nekku Well-Known Member

May 31, 2013
    A new Madfinger game which doesnt made it in the Hot Games section yet is kinda surprising to me.

20. Bloodangel

Bloodangel Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2011
    Retail
    England
    Not played it much, but it seems great in every. I was in beta too, but didn’t get to play it much with life commitments... but again, I enjoyed it each time I played it.
    Is there any new player customisation day start, as I logged in with my account I used for beta, and obviously I’m using the guy I created then.
    My gear I got when in beta, has gone though.
    Is there a way to log out and create a new character?

Also is loot random drops in this? I hope so... I love loot and customisation/randomness