Universal SHADOWGUN: DeadZone - (by MADFINGER) - Universal App

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Fastbridge, Nov 15, 2012.

1. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    A very big update with new maps, guns, modes, perks, more ways to earn gold and lots of stuff by the looks of it is incoming very soon.

2. WCFields

WCFields Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2009
    steel worker
    I've only played a few matches (zone control) but the players with the RPG's are really starting to irk me.

3. killercow

killercow Well-Known Member

#1063 killercow, Apr 3, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2013
    The 2.0 update is here:

I have to say the booster system sounds pretty bad but I need to play a bit more before I can really judge...

4. Diablohead

Diablohead Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2009
    Freelancer, PC game developer
    I saw this update last night so grabbed it and spent some time playing again, last time I played was around january, I used to have the 3 month sub but it's expired now.

Anyway, gave it a boot up after months, the new menu is nice and clear to understand, sorted out my character and reminded myself on what weapons I had unlocked and jumped into some terratory multiplayer.

Looks like you still join a fresh game and get booted back to the menu after a match but it felt better, quicker to setup and get sorted compared to the last time I played it, I would have still prefered to stay in a server and play on through a map rotation but this is good enough now to not feel too bad.

Lag was good, it was about 3am for me in the UK and I was hitting most of my shots - apart from one or two players who were just lagging around, maybe they were on a weak 3G connection.

The new added boosters seem ok right now, I do like how you can kill someone using one and get gold as a reward for doing so though you only get something like 1 gold coin for it.

The game still runs solid on my iPhone 5, not going to try it on my ipad 3 as I know it will suffer a little bit and be off putting to me.

I personally think that I could get back into playing this game again.

5. Johnny101

Johnny101 Well-Known Member

Jun 29, 2011
    USA
    #1065 Johnny101, Apr 4, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2013
    This is an excellent game, to me it was from the start. I think it's the best arena shooter on the app store. It's not as good as the Modern combat series ( which is different than an arena shooter), but it's excellent for some quick games.

I'm always impressed by how good this game looks, absolutely one of the nicest looking games on the app store. IMO, the unity engine is the best on iOS. If it had a storyline and some differen't game modes, you would think this is a console game.

My only suggestion would be to give players an option for the maps.

6. VaroFN

VaroFN Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    Wow, great update! I hope we'll get new game modes and more skins too. Too bad that language support isn't that great. Spanish at least has missing characters and some mistakes :/

7. metalmandave83

metalmandave83 Well-Known Member

Jan 26, 2013
    I thought this was a new game. I love it. Such a great little online shooter for free. I bought and played the original Shadowgun when I had an Android tablet and really enjoyed the game even if its gameplay was simplistic. I feel Shadowgun really shines in multiplayer. Definitely a game I'll keep on my devices.

8. WCFields

Dec 6, 2009
    steel worker
    How do I melee ? I can't take the bandit weapon anymore

9. VaroFN

VaroFN Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    Approach someone and press the fire button. You'll kick the opponent and he'll be vulnerable a few seconds.

10. WCFields

Dec 6, 2009
    steel worker
    Thank you , any suggestions for a better weapon ?i'm only level 3

11. VaroFN

VaroFN Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    Well, I have the Vega (fully upgraded) and the first rocket launcher (two upgrades), a helmet, grenades, medkit mk1 and sprint 1. Level 10, and so far I'm doing well, so I'd say go for the Vega. Keep in mind that I don't play this game very often, so I don't know a lot about the weapons, items, etc.

12. WCFields

Dec 6, 2009
    steel worker
    Thanks, I didn't know weapons could be upgraded?

13. VaroFN

VaroFN Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    You can upgrade them in the research menu.

14. WCFields

Dec 6, 2009
    steel worker
    Thanks for the help

15. VaroFN

VaroFN Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    No problem! :)

16. ChaosProdigy

ChaosProdigy Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2009
    Male
    Account Manager
    Boston
    any tips for a rank 6 noob?
    using Vega, Big Boy and Granade Launcher u get at rank6

17. ChaosProdigy

ChaosProdigy Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2009
    Male
    Account Manager
    Boston
    #1077 ChaosProdigy, Apr 10, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2013
    I already spent $20 USD on the game and am rank 6... great game

18. 2133

2133 Well-Known Member

Jun 13, 2012
    Student
    Indonesia
    Damn barrage so hard to use

19. WCFields

Dec 6, 2009
    steel worker
    #1079 WCFields, May 3, 2013
    Last edited: May 3, 2013
    Had my best game in deathmatch ( usually play zone control) with 15 kills & 6 deaths it's the first time I've had double digits in kills, that's not much to you better players but for me it's HUGE. I'm rank 7 now gotta start playing more to get better. It helps when I play more aggressive instead of hiding.

20. WCFields

Dec 6, 2009
    steel worker
    Shotguns, rpg's & grenade launcher's that all many players seem to be using.