Universal SHADOWGUN: DeadZone - (by MADFINGER) - Universal App

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Fastbridge, Nov 15, 2012.

1. H4nd0fg0d

H4nd0fg0d Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2010
    I follow ur logic, but there is a lot to b said for gameplay. Mc4, 10 game modes, very large maps, more maps, aim down sights, better weps and attachments. Deadzone looks fantastic, but gameplay is remedial at best. Gets old quickly. Mc4 is much more of a skill game.

2. Wikilix

Wikilix Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2011
    OC, MD
    I keep getting a message saying that I can't connect to the server? Now there is no multiplayer at all.

3. oscar123967

oscar123967 Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2012
    Ima redownload this game and see how it has progressed

4. H4nd0fg0d

Mar 30, 2010
    Re-downloaded Deadzone. Seems to play ok. Only played a few, but no crashes. Been playin so much mc4 tht this game is just kinda lame in comparison. ie: run around small maps mindlessly shooting. The one thing it does have goin for it is tht u can play online over cellular network. So, I guess it'll do in a pinch. Proly keep it in my games folder for emergencies. At least it seems playable again, tho I didn't test it over 4G. If someone does, please post results. Thnx, I've been a big help. Lol

5. H4nd0fg0d

Mar 30, 2010
    The only thing Madfinger cld possibly do to make me like this game wld be to implement the exact same control scheme and first person view from DeadTrigger. Aiming down sights wld make Deadzone an epic game. Trust me. Rlly can't get into it anymore, am deleting.

6. Dirty Harry Hannahan

Dirty Harry Hannahan Well-Known Member

Apr 14, 2011
    Planet Earth
    I wish the fire button was a little bigger when playing on an iPhone 4, I find myself unintentionally launching the grenade when I don't want too. Anyone else have the same problem? :eek:

7. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    It can be resized under options and controls and resize fire button.

8. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Cant you move the grenade button farther? I dont have the game installed anymore so i cant be sure, but i think you can in options while in-game.

9. Diablohead

Diablohead Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2009
    Freelancer, PC game developer
    #1049 Diablohead, Feb 3, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2013
    Been a while since I played but before the first update you would join a server after searching for a game and stay in it, the round would finish and it would start again instantly, after about 4 matches it would rotate the map and you only left if you chose to quit, it was perfect!

The first update changed how this works (along with a lot of other stuff like making income half the value it used to be) so you had to join a game waiting to be played, play it, then get booted back to the menu and start the pattern again.

I bought the 90 day pass for this game and while I really enjoyed my first 18 days or so playing, the updates just made everything super slow.

One of the main problems is if you leave in a match now no one will join in to fill the gap, because of how servers now work. At least in the old version you had people coming and going all the time and it kept the rooms full and semi-balanced.

*edit* also the improved collision detection is good in places but bad in others, they changed how detection works to the point where it's hard to tell if you are damaging someone or not, this was never the case before.

Also as I said weeks ago I can handle the half money earned but the server kicks after each match are beyond silly, this is a game like quake where you should be able to join a server and rock on for an hour before getting bored, not having to stare at a connection screen every 5 minutes in hope that you get a full game going from the UK.

Madfinger need to make money but this did more harm then good, what was one of the best shooters on the iOS and android platform just went down the toilet because they just don't understand.

10. Dirty Harry Hannahan

Apr 14, 2011
    Planet Earth

Perfect thanks!

11. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    No bother. Happy to help if it worked.
    If it didn't, I need to work on a disclaimer.

12. H4nd0fg0d

Mar 30, 2010
    Still lame? Yep. It's ruined, period. Madfinger wld b doing themselves a huge favor by re-implementing the initial version.

13. Dirty Harry Hannahan

Apr 14, 2011
    Planet Earth
    Anyone have any tips for playing this on an iPhone 4? No problems when playing on an iPad but when playing on an iPhone 4, the graphics and frame rates are sub par. I'm surprised that Madfinger claims support for the iPhone 3GS and the iPod Touch 4. Thoughts? :eek:

14. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    Not really.
    It's very ram intensive so lowest graphical settings in the options and display menu is the best idea but it still ends up choppy.

15. Dirty Harry Hannahan

Apr 14, 2011
    Planet Earth

That seems to be the best solution for now.

16. Dirty Harry Hannahan

Apr 14, 2011
    Planet Earth
    On the lowest graphics setting and on decent wifi, the game does play well on an iPhone 4 6.1. Can't complain for a free game with the pretty generous Tap Joy offers. :D

I really enjoy the sounds the game makes when your character gets his hat shot off. Kudos to Madfinger for having that awesome sound integrated into the game. :D

17. DuysterTheBeast

DuysterTheBeast Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2012
    CA, USA
    Anyone here likes to gang up and beat the world ??? :D Look me up ID: YoDaddy :D

18. mikky

mikky Well-Known Member

Jul 4, 2012
    Due to bs of this game and its crap stability and blatant unfair play I'm done...

19. valdeto

valdeto Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2012
    Spate or Agony?

20. WCFields

WCFields Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2009
    steel worker
    can someone PLEASE provide some do's & dont's for someone that has just downloaded this game PLEASE? such as what's the first weapon i should get , what weapon's to avoid, etc.etc. thanks