Universal SHADOWGUN: DeadZone - (by MADFINGER) - Universal App

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Fastbridge, Nov 15, 2012.

1. darkrosus

darkrosus Member

Dec 21, 2012
    #961 darkrosus, Dec 21, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2012
    Dude I own with my Barrage when I runout of rockets (The rockets aren't really fair,but I'm still not as good as you). I also have a Shredder.
    Apparently, it is better than Warmonger. And yeah, the servers are down.

And also, if they keep killing you, OWN them at their own game with the rocket launcher. LITERALLY!

2. relog

relog Well-Known Member

i own them with my own style, i prefer guns than rocketlauncher :3 but with too many rocketlauncher my death rate is gettig higher -.-"

3. jackaz

jackaz Active Member

Apr 1, 2009
    is it me or they basically handicapped my beloved Agony? It is now much much less powerfull! i'm not sure if that's the best choice anymore..
    suggestions?

4. relog

relog Well-Known Member

still the same i still can kill 40+ with worm

5. relog

relog Well-Known Member

i liked the update!!! and with the gun as well they put more competition and about winning will depend how you aim

6. Diablohead

Diablohead Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2009
    Freelancer, PC game developer
    #966 Diablohead, Dec 21, 2012
    Lovely update for the most part, new maps, tweaked weapons, extra hats! however I really dislike some of the options made to the funding part, before now you could buy premium, earn 50% extra but still required you to play some games and save up cash to buy weapons and upgrades, now though you can just be level 1 buy some gold, transfer it to cash and buy what you want without having to actually play for a little while to earn it.

The reason I dislike this is because you can buy your way to victory, so to speak. at least the new level caps on higher tier weapons is there to stop everyone buying the best rifles and rockets.

Also for a while I was saving up in-game cash to buy the 3rd weapon and item slots, now I noticed that if you buy premium you get the slots for free so I have a ton of spare cash.

I still love the game and great work on improving it and with map tweaks all across the board, just please be careful with the whole buying stuff.

7. relog

relog Well-Known Member

rocket still worse

8. H4nd0fg0d

H4nd0fg0d Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2010
    So pitiful. Since the update I've lost funds and my beloved shredder. Total bs! Raised the shredder out of my rank. I seem to b missing about 30,000 credits also. Have reset my trees numerous times to check total. Some kind of compensation would be nice considering I've spent a nice chunk of real world money funding this game. Gamer tag: h4nd0fg0d.

9. defred34

defred34 Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2012
    Earth
    WTF? Cash earned is also halved now? Luckily I have an excess $180k lying around....but I think this is the final straw. Off goes Deadzone. Should NEVER have trusted Madfinger. NEVER.

Screams freemium all around. Just dumb, plain dumb.

10. jackaz

jackaz Active Member

Apr 1, 2009
    what do you mean "with worm"?

11. Diablohead

Diablohead Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2009
    Freelancer, PC game developer
    In a few games so far on ipad 3 and iphone 5 it feels as if the hit detection is worse, I am getting huge cases of throwing a grenade, having it blow up at the enemy and then they still run around for a good 3 seconds before death, and in that time they are still shooting at me. It feels worse.

Yeah the change in earning cash seems a bit upsetting, but that's most likely due to being able to spend real money and exchanging gold for cash now so madfinger can get paid, it sucks but I can see the reasons for it.

In this case premium members should make double, not 50% bonus but I already have enough money now that the 3rd slots are more or less 'free' for premium members now, my game has changed from saving up for the expensive slots and level 3 weapons to buying all I need and with money left over, so um yeah why would I still play as much as I do if I own everything now?

Some weird choices in this update.

12. H4nd0fg0d

Mar 30, 2010
    #972 H4nd0fg0d, Dec 21, 2012
    Madfinger shld have just left well enough, alone. I'm super close to abandoning a rlly dope game. Bait and switch tactics being employed once again by an ios game maker. Focus my efforts elsewhere like MC4. Peace...

13. defred34

Aug 27, 2012
    Earth
    Exact same feelings here. Bait & switch....hmmm

14. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    Honestly, what did you guys expect after Dead Trigger?

15. defred34

Aug 27, 2012
    Earth
    I thought they repented.

Marek, if you are still around here, listen...NEVER will you and your company be able to earn your trust in the future. NEVER.

16. Dirty Harry Hannahan

Dirty Harry Hannahan Well-Known Member

Apr 14, 2011
    Planet Earth
    Hopefully they will just make a "Shadowgun 2" charge $5-$7 for it and do away with the freemium nonsense. I'm on the verge of deleting Deadzone. :rolleyes:

17. gfxdaddy

gfxdaddy Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2010
    Male
    Illustrator | Web | Graphic | Digital Publishing D
    London, UK
    Marek buddy, I applaud your efforts in this update but the honest truth is that you did a little too much. The game was perfectly fine (other than the lag)—all it really needed was for the rocket launcher to be nerfed. Everything else was a bonus. However, now ALL the other weapons are more underpowered than they were (so kills take too long to register) BUT the rocket launcher is just as overpowered as ever.

:-(

18. H4nd0fg0d

Mar 30, 2010
    #978 H4nd0fg0d, Dec 21, 2012
    Ya, precisely what he said. How the RL wasn't nerfed is beyond reproach and to nerf the accuracy weps is pitiful. Rlly sad. -1,000 :/

19. relog

relog Well-Known Member

they just steal our money lol :3 everything was fun but got ruin by this update

20. realtalkmydude

realtalkmydude Active Member

Dec 4, 2012
    #980 realtalkmydude, Dec 21, 2012
    Honestly I don't see the problem with this update tbh. Money is halved and some people claim rocket launcher is op again(haven't been killed by one yet though) but the actual gameplay is better now since the framerate is actually stable now(which means controls are more responsive) , hit detection is slightly better(it's still ass for the most part), I get into matches faster, less lag and more. The only thing they need to fix is team imbalances

[​IMG]

2 people on blue should not have to go up against 5 people on red, although we still did great.

Honestly if you didn't want to deal with the usual freemium BS then go buy a premium title like NOVA 3, MC4, etc. Hell this is a actually fun freemium shooter compared to the scam that is The Respawnables which is just unbalanced all around.