Universal SHADOWGUN (by MADFINGER Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by The Bat Outta Hell, Sep 28, 2011.

1. Gegoben

Gegoben Well-Known Member

Apr 12, 2010
    VIrginia
    Whoa

Well, I pooped my pants at work today when I saw this was released! Been playing it since I got home! Did not blink at cost, worth it!

2. Gegoben

Gegoben Well-Known Member

Apr 12, 2010
    VIrginia
    Well...

I would agree with you, BUT, it's universal! To play this now on my iPhone and ipad2, I'm in!

3. fire282

fire282 Member

Dec 20, 2010
    you are correct, this worked for me, after restarting the game 3 times :(

4. TheEvilNoob

TheEvilNoob Well-Known Member

Jul 25, 2010
    Noob assassinator
    My evil lair
    #344 TheEvilNoob, Sep 29, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2011
    Tried it. Second laser killed me. Then i did the same thing to the second one before i started the chase and it killed me :(

Not true. I died 3 times and it never glitched. It messed up after the game crashed between levels though

5. Madman100

Madman100 Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2011
    I restarted the campaign on Hard, got there, and beat it on my first go. Problem is the game crashed as soon as I got the level completion screen. A checkpoint after beating the boss would be an appropriate fix. I wish the beta testers would have spotted this.. Damn you beta testers!

No but seriousy I'm not starting over until a fix is submitted.

6. Werebite870

Werebite870 Well-Known Member

Feb 7, 2011
    Well I'd love to play this but my ipod crashes everytime it starts loading after the initial cutscene. Im using a 4th gen ipod touch running 4.2.1

Can anyone help me out with a fix or am i stuck waiting for an update?

7. gwet17

gwet17 Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2011
    Try restarting your device and clearing the multi-tasking bar.

8. Dirty Harry Hannahan

Dirty Harry Hannahan Well-Known Member

Apr 14, 2011
    Planet Earth
    When is multiplayer expected? It's a good game and all. But with the lack of weapons choices and the repetitiousness of the game, Something is needed to amp this game up a few notches. A game can't survive on just graphics alone.

9. Lifein2D

Lifein2D Well-Known Member

Feb 16, 2010
    Student
    Canada
    I second this. Its a fun game, but multiplayer is sorely missing in my opinion. Maybe even a survival/horde mode?

10. EMTKiNG

EMTKiNG Well-Known Member

Apr 7, 2010
    EMT
    Los Angeles,CA
    Can anyone tell me what level or the location of the last secret item?thanks

11. Echoseven

Echoseven Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 19, 2011
    The red Skittle
    "Last" is in level 9. (Not 10)

12. Creepshow

Creepshow Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2011
    This game is jaw-dropping. Score is a 10!!!
    It's missing gyroscope controls, a roll/run/melee move and multiplayer/co-op modes.

Shadowgun is at the top of the landmark charts for iOs.
    It's not the most amazing release since Infinity Blade,
    it's the most amazing release period.

Can't wait to see updates/sequels!!!

13. Pony

Pony Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    The Netherlands
    Agreed. Unmodified iPad 2 here and played the first 5 levels with 5-6 crashes so far.
    The thing I notice on my device is that it always happens when there are mines in the room.

You are not the first person to complain about the long loading times, and each time someone does it simply makes my toes cringe.
    Do you have any idea how much data needs to be loaded and setup within your tiny little device there?
    Considering the graphics and everything going on in the game I'd say the loading times are more then fair if I may say so? :confused:

14. Rad

Rad Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2009
    Washington
    Will this be a free update? Coop Multiplayer? More levels?

15. IzzyNobre

IzzyNobre Well-Known Member

Oct 7, 2008
    Canada
    If you own an iOS device and don't buy this game you are a disgrace to our community.

Kudos, MadFinger. Your game is downright amazing. Bought it, played it for about half an hour, started plugging it incessantly on twitter. Here's hoping you guys make bank with this.

And please please pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease add multiplayer.

16. VonWillebrand

VonWillebrand Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2010
    Europe
    After completing the game I still like it. Makes you wonder what kind of games we'll get in a few years when the A5 processor is the minimum requirement. MadFinger could have probably done a lot more if this was Ipad 2 only. I don't thing ShadowGun has a lot of replay value as it is BUT with multiplayer and/or horde mode this could totally change.

17. thethinice

thethinice Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2010
    Hawaii
    Wow, this really is a great game, I must admit. Though the first thing that I noticed about the game was not a good thing. There is no recoil on the weapons. At all! That is my major gripe with this game. Othe than that, stellar job! I found thetame to be really polished, and fun to play. Hope you developers are thinking of creating more of this AAA iOS goodness.

18. scubi

scubi Active Member

Oct 12, 2008
    Drill problems?

I made it past the drill on the first try. I think you insta die when it touches you. Not a bug is it?

Turn lasers off when you head down the tunnel, when running back, turn back on behind you. Shoot the green bar again. It slows down the drill.

Random crashes are slightly annoying but not terribly common.

More weapons? (I know I said this before)
    Railgun would be sweet. Might be one more after the rocket launcher. Not sure as ive been working all day.

Still like thus game very much and all my co-workers were drooling over it.

19. 2tower

2tower Member

Nov 25, 2010
    i have it too

20. 2tower

2tower Member

Nov 25, 2010
    I have blur too!
    and i have many laggs many places where i drop down in endless pit plus
    when i pause at time when main char is talking and unpause burry txt goes on, bus sound dont